Team-BHP - What happened to Skoda Superb??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What happened to Skoda Superb?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6044-what-happened-skoda-superb.html)

Skoda Superb. A car based on VW’s Passat..

A car with performance at par with Honda Accord / Skoda RS.

As luxurious as an E class.

As spacious as an E class.

Build quality better/same as E/S class.

More reliable and Fuel efficient than E/S.

Priced less than C class.

So why doesnt it sell?? :confused:

At 25L, it looks the same as the car which retails at half the price.

1. Answer 1

2. Answer 2

GTO

7-9/10 lakhs over the price of the Accord/RS.

Build quality not as good as an E class.

Also, it IS front-wheel drive.

But, most of all, it looks almost EXACTLY like an Octavia. Would you like to spend 10 lakhs extra and have everyone say, "Nice Octavia! Did you put new alloys?" ?!

i would get one if i could afford it. the fact that it looks like an octavia would make it a stealth luxury car.

Used as taxi's in the UK

A friend of mine owns one and no doubt the car exxxxxxcellent from the inside........ample space to lounge around at ease...performance is pretty good too, i have to keep my accord on full throttle to keep up with the superb at times....but all this is ruined the minute u step out of the car, it looks too damn similar to its younger brother - Octavia... if u r buying a car worth almost double of the octavia then u definatly want the snob value too ... but the snob value is lost due to the similar looks.

found scoda superb as a taxi
[img=http://img254.echo.cx/img254/2954/dsc010635vg.th.jpg]

It looks plain ugly, something like an obese Octavia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
Used as taxi's in the UK

Well, I've seen Mercs and Beemers used as taxis in Paris, so I don't think the fact that the Superb is used as a taxi must go against it.

I don't think Skoda was under any impression that the Superb would set the sales chart alight. The only reason it was brought in was to expand their portfolio and offer a car in the higher segment to bolster their image.

I doubt Skoda can sell a reasonable number of cars in the above 15 lakh segment. Their understated looks are not what the premium segment customer in India wants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
I don't think Skoda was under any impression that the Superb would set the sales chart alight. The only reason it was brought in was to expand their portfolio and offer a car in the higher segment to bolster their image.

I doubt Skoda can sell a reasonable number of cars in the above 15 lakh segment. Their understated looks are not what the premium segment customer in India wants.

Also the customers in the country when buying 20+L car have some show to look at and the Mercs and Beamers become the obvious choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjacob
Well, I've seen Mercs and Beemers used as taxis in Paris, so I don't think the fact that the Superb is used as a taxi must go against it.

Well, in the UK - most minicabs are old jap cars, skoda's or second hand fleet cars which are bought cheap and run into the ground.

In Germany and France - the cars belong to individuals/ or large fleets which buy them and maintain them properly and run them to a high standard

well i see that trend changing in hyd...

all of i sudden i am seeing at more and more superbs in hyd..

infact on an recent visit to the skoda showroom, my dad commented that he would buy a superb if it had a diesel variant...

i guess this sudden influx i due to the fact that a few celebrities picked up the superb in hyd.

Quote:

well on my recent trip to paris and brussels i took so many pics of TAXIS all high end models , may be i can start a new thread "Best Taxi", people were looking crazy at me but who cares !! when the cars r rolling.

models includes merc,bmw,VW,scoda,ford,toyota,puegeot,citroen,rena ult,nissan,chysler,audi,fiat,opel vectra,kia sorento,
also some ferraris,porche,toyota celica

if u need i can post them

Cheers,
Bhanu.