Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 17:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Excuse me, they do. Just because you don't care, don't assume nobody does. I don't care about vintage cars or super cars, doesn't mean others don't.

GV is the most VFM and one of the most reliable imported SUV in the market, with the most extensive service network in the country backing it up. The only chink in the armour is the lack of power and diesel option compared to competitors.
And who excatly are 'they'?? And why dont i see 'them' buying any of these GV's?? I was working with a Maruti showroom for some time, and the total number of enquiries recieved for the GV is Zero! And this is one of the biggest dealerships in the area. The car needs a diesel engine if they are serious about selling it. Another petrol engine will do it no good.

Btw, vintage cars and super cars are a category, like SUV's, not a specific model. I didn not say i don't care about SUV's, just the GV. Anyways, you not liking vntage cars is fine by me, actually, I actually prefer lesser people to like vintage cars, leaves more cars free to buy for the genuine enthusiasts!! (just kidding, just being selfish here!)
Old 18th June 2009, 17:26   #17
Team-BHP Support

They: Current GV owners, members who have started GV related threads, members who would like to own a GV. Believe me, 'they' exist. I am one of the 'they'.

BTW, why are you in this thread if you don't care?
Old 18th June 2009, 18:05   #18
BHPian

GV never clicked...and will never click. Maruti please keep working on fleet of hatches and stay away from luxury and SUV segment, not your cup of tea.
throttleking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2009, 18:17   #19
Team-BHP Support

GV addresses a very niche set of users, even Maruti doesn't really know who, that much is apparent from their marketing efforts for GV.

GV is best suited for people who want a super reliable bad road SUV with service network in every corner of the country. It is suited neither for city drivers nor highway drivers. But if you travel on really bad roads every day, and you don't relish visiting the service center regularly, then GV serves that need superbly.

Of course, I am talking from real ownership experience and not relying on mere perception.
Old 18th June 2009, 18:25   #20
BHPian

Somebody knowledgeable correct me if I'm wrong but I believe in the UK and Europe the GV is what Suzuki is known by and for - not their small hatches! And its considered a serious contender in the SUV stakes.
Old 18th June 2009, 20:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I was working with a Maruti showroom for some time, and the total number of enquiries recieved for the GV is Zero!
I live in Varkala - a small town with a population of 42000, 170 kms south of Cochin - and the number of GVs we have here in and around town (AFAIK) is 4. All are sold n serviced by Sarathy Motors, Kollam. I know two of the said owners and I just now told them about this new launch. Both of them are very interested.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 18th June 2009 at 20:33.
Old 18th June 2009, 21:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

I hope they don't give it some ugly beige interiors as part of the change. I love the black and silver combo on the current GV.
Old 18th June 2009, 22:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Me here is also interested in the 2.4 let us see what comes up !!! Drove the current model it is a little less in power
Old 18th June 2009, 22:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

So the GV will be pitted against which other SUVs? Or does it have a league of its own? Honestly speaking, it is a good looking car as well, but I have seen just too less of em on the road.
Old 18th June 2009, 22:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

the GV should be introduced with a better, efficient and smaller diesel motor. the current GV is awesome but we don't see them too much on roads.

as far as the XL-7 is concerned it looks like "a car which is totally drunk overnight with red droopy eyes" and i don't think india will accept drunk suvs.
Old 18th June 2009, 23:52   #26
BHPian

Fit and finish needs to be improved. Can't have those same plastics from the hatches at this price.

I kinda liked the GV, but the other SUVs were always better interior and power wise.
Old 19th June 2009, 10:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
They: Current GV owners, members who have started GV related threads, members who would like to own a GV. Believe me, 'they' exist. I am one of the 'they'.

BTW, why are you in this thread if you don't care?
If Maruthi can place it with 12L, I am sure they can make it. A Diesel option will be the right move, But not sure if they have any engine in line.
Old 19th June 2009, 12:03   #28
BHPian

Talked with Pratham motors, bangalorefew days ago and the sales rep for GV told me that new model wil lbe out by the end June...
Old 19th June 2009, 12:24   #29
BHPian

Why maruti puts A Star/ Swift / Sx4 steering wheel in GV? Is't that cheap joke for the person purchasing car for 16+ lkh?
Old 19th June 2009, 12:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Why maruti puts A Star/ Swift / Sx4 steering wheel in GV? Is't that cheap joke for the person purchasing car for 16+ lkh?
+ 1 to this

I can understand they do it to keep the prices down but a 4L car and a 16L car having the same steering

However,Honda also seem to have taken a leaf out Maruti's book and now the Jazz,City and Civic has the same steering.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks