Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2009, 02:25   #121
Senior - BHPian

I never knew that Vitara comes with Beige interiors. Googled it and found a pic at Trento Suzuki 2009 Grand Vitara - Toronto New used Car Auto Suzuki SubaruKia Auto Dealer featuring vehicles for Sale Finance or Lease in Toronto Ontario Canada
Old 2nd August 2009, 18:24   #122
R_R
BHPian

Truth in advertising or shooting yourself in the foot?

Well, MS is'nt going to sell many of the new GVs if they cannot get their advt in order. Read this less than complimentary official write-up about the new GV at the Rana Motors (an MS dealership in Delhi) website here:
New-Grand-Vitara by Maruti - New-Grand-Vitara Specifications, New-Grand-Vitara Equipments, New-Grand-Vitara Sales Schemes, New-Grand-Vitara Reviews, New-Grand-Vitara Brochure OnlineMaruti800, Alto, Zen, WagonR, Versa, Esteem, Baleno, Grand Vitara, Gy

Some samples:

"massive disappointment that accompanied the previous offering"

"cannot say much about the grandeur"

"The whole idea does not harmonize completely into a hardcore, rugged SUV though."

The language sounded suspiciously like it was from a review, so I googled some parts and found the original: it is from the carwale site:
Reviews of Indian cars - CarWale.com

Rana motors posted it on their website apparently without even reading it!!

That the GV sold more than one thousand units in the last two years says a lot about how good the car is because MS and their dealers clearly have'nt helped!
Old 2nd August 2009, 22:24   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Well, MS is'nt going to sell many of the new GVs if they cannot get their advt in order.
It is really pathetic efforts by Maruti. The dealers are not aware of many aspects of the car incuding colour combinations, the website doesn't even mention about options in the interior colour scheme, and now this..
Old 3rd August 2009, 09:11   #124
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti is a VFM brand, and their VFM SUV must also be VFM. But after the hike in price due to the bigger (and better) engine by almost 2.5L, it loses the VFM tag, just being cheaper than Honda or Captiva will not help. It had great potential at about 1.5L lesser price, but this one goes very close to Fortuner and Captiva manual, both of which are diesel.

We need to watch the numbers they do, that said the potential of the engine and full time 4wd is enormous.

Back row seats and Diesel are the fault lines.
Old 6th December 2009, 19:26   #125
BHPian

What's the reason for Grand Vitara's death?

dear friends,
i wonder where the Grand Vitara has disapeared from the sales chart even after the launch of its new 2.4 vtt version?
we had a chance of using one of the newly launched version, two months back at our place , me and fellow bhpien ganesh_evo75 were both impressed with its credentials.
we did many a trips in it, and ofcourse our regular monsoon slush fest in a empty field and we really did enjoy it to fullest .( video attached)
Apart from some issues regarding lack of built like tank feeling etc.. we did'nt find any negative aspects in such a capable product. but can't wonder why it failed in our market . dont blame diesel for that . cr-v sell's here in good nos .
fellow bhpiens opinions pls.......

Old 6th December 2009, 19:37   #126
Team-BHP Support

It didn't die, it looks like they made a huge mistake in anticipating the demand and imported very few in the first batch. They don't have any left in the inventory. We have members here who have ordered and not able to get one. Next shipment is in Jan 2010.

Edit: Looks like they have the same old Geolandar H/T G92C tyres, they are pathetic on wet grass and slush. It is sliding all over as expected.

Last edited by Samurai : 6th December 2009 at 19:49.
Old 6th December 2009, 20:09   #127

ya, thats right what @samurai says, even a relative of mine in Mumbai booked it, the dealer isn't able to deliver it yet.
by the way , if you ask me, seriously, i didn't like the build quality, interiors which looks cheap black, while everything else is OK.
Old 7th December 2009, 10:12   #128
BHPian

Hi,

Maybe this is not the forum to bring it up. Can someone guide me to the appropriate link / forum / thread to learn how and where to use the 4WD on my new GV? Im a novice at this and want to read up all the stuff before i take this up. Please, it would be appreciated.

Thanks
MOz
PS> Love my GV !
Old 7th December 2009, 10:20   #129
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Just because there are pending orders does not imply that a product has not gone down or performed below expectations.

Even the CRV is not available ex stock most of the time through the year. But they are able to import only limited qtty due to the failure of the car in the first place.

In the case of the GV too the company couldn't have planned this as an image exercise, as that is not going anywhere. They simply do not have enough constant orders to keep a steady suppy going as they at one point will risk having too many in stock over an exteded period. (And no one wants a car manufactured / imported more than 4 months back.)
Old 7th December 2009, 11:04   #130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Oz View Post
Maybe this is not the forum to bring it up. Can someone guide me to the appropriate link / forum / thread to learn how and where to use the 4WD on my new GV? Im a novice at this and want to read up all the stuff before i take this up. Please, it would be appreciated.
You can read here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-t...ml#post1450245 (Center Differential and LSD in SUVs)

Besides that, look at other articles in our 4x4 technical section. It is a treasure trove of 4x4 info.
Old 7th December 2009, 13:27   #131
BHPian

Dear M-OZ , pls take alook at the video that i have posted , n you will get idea where to use your 4by4
Old 7th December 2009, 14:50   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
Dear M-OZ , pls take alook at the video that i have posted , n you will get idea where to use your 4by4
You must be kidding. Wet grass and slush is the worst place for GV in stock tyres, unless you just want to do skiing in the GV like in the video. That's cool too.

M-Oz, your question is very natural, well above 90% of the 4WD SUV owners don't really understand 4x4 system and when to use it. Read the thread I gave fully and it would give you pretty good idea about 4WD with central diff.
Old 13th December 2009, 18:31   #133
BHPian

Thanks guys

will read up and post any queries in the relevant thread

Thanks again!
Old 13th December 2009, 21:07   #134
Senior - BHPian

M-Oz, how about you start with the user's manual before you look around in the forum? The manual will give you a good basic idea and clear any basic doubts. For advanced stuff, you can talk to other 4x4 pros here.
Old 13th December 2009, 21:57   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Well, MS is'nt going to sell many of the new GVs if they cannot get their advt in order. Read this less than complimentary official write-up about the new GV at the Rana Motors (an MS dealership in Delhi) website here:
+1 to this, I was telling my friend that GV doesnt comes in Diesel, to prove we checked their site, but it doesnt mention petrol/diesel (fuel type) !!

If anyone can find, pls send screenshot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks