Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 19:07   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post

Where? I still get Coming Soon as I click on the "visit website" button in Our Cars in India | Maruti Suzuki Ltd Cars. The prices have been updated, but the product page is not. Even after one full working weekday after the launch.
try this Welcome to The New Grand Vitara - Play it your way
Old 6th July 2009, 20:09   #77
BHPian

check Welcome to The New Grand Vitara - Play it your way! Its on !

Not impressed with the marketing and campaign concept !! Not eye catching or eye popping at all !! I think MSIL screwed up again !

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th July 2009 at 00:30. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post rather than making back-to-back posts. Thanks.
Old 6th July 2009, 20:21   #78
Team-BHP Support

I calculated the on-road price in Karnataka, it will be 20.6 lakhs. Damn, even GV managed to cross 20L mark in Karnataka.
Old 6th July 2009, 22:38   #79
Senior - BHPian

Unimpressive website I must say. Started off with a poor quality vid and the old website had far better pics of the car.
Old 6th July 2009, 22:58   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Unimpressive website I must say. Started off with a poor quality vid and the old website had far better pics of the car.
One of the most poorly designed site for such a good car! There are just couple of exterior and interior shots (which are hidden under ''utility' for some reasons) which do not give any idea about the car. Of course, I could gather that it is a black-gray interior rather then biege from the shots.
Old 6th July 2009, 23:32   #81
R_R
BHPian

Maybe Sudev or Samurai needs to show these morons what their car can really do, because they sure do'nt have a clue!

More seriously, anybody have any idea why MSIL (or any other manufacturer) might want to sell a car they clearly do'nt seem to have much interest in? Is it because they want to have the bragging rights that they have a car in that particular class? Or is the margins on these vehicles are low so they do'nt want to make too much of an effort?
Old 6th July 2009, 23:40   #82
Senior - BHPian

Well some of Sudev's adventures would certainly advertise the GV better.

As for Maruti's interest in the GV, its an interesting case. When they launched it was a pretty big deal but then the car never sold. Now the car is good and will probably sell but Maruti's advertising team seems to have lost hope in it due to the poor sales last time.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 6th July 2009 at 23:43.
Old 6th July 2009, 23:42   #83
Senior - BHPian

That colour configurator (if you can even call it that) or colour preview screen, has got to be the worst I have ever seen on any Manufacturer's website. Why are they killing a fantastic SUV?
Old 6th July 2009, 23:49   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
One of the most poorly designed site for such a good car! There are just couple of exterior and interior shots (which are hidden under ''utility' for some reasons) which do not give any idea about the car. Of course, I could gather that it is a black-gray interior rather then biege from the shots.
Click on Utility -> Downloads -> Brochure. The brochure isn't bad at all! However, I agree. It is hard work to find features

Another way is to click on "About the Vitara" and select "New Vitara". There is some information there as well.
Old 6th July 2009, 23:55   #85
Team-BHP Support

The new GV will have much harsher ride because of the 17 inch wheels. The diameter remains almost same, but the sidewall has become narrower. One of the strengths of GV is comfortable bad road handling.
Old 7th July 2009, 08:37   #86
BHPian

Good launch. Will start seeing more used Vitaras for sale now, or so I hope :-)

I wish they had a green color too.
Old 7th July 2009, 09:41   #87
Senior - BHPian

the site ain't that bad is it? or am I missing something here? Except for the video, the site looks alright.. Now the positioning and promotion after the website is all upto MSIL, whether they really want to sell this car or not..
Old 7th July 2009, 09:44   #88
Senior - BHPian

I found the website pretty decent (except for the video part). Btw, there ain't any black color option! With the styling and chrome and stuff it has, black would be sexy!
Old 7th July 2009, 10:18   #89
BHPian

Grand Vitara will be a sure hit assuming it gives much better performance now, & not as per the previous models.
Old 8th July 2009, 12:42   #90

Has anyone been able to get a TD?
I'm waiting to read some reviews

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks