Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 13:27   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil8089 View Post
First upon I dont even consider to own a vehicle, eventhough its cheap, on which somebody's tears had fallen. Other than few habitual defaulters, most of these vehicles to belong to ordinary chaps, who cant pay the EMI because of some situations. My friend was working in collections (HSBC) and certain siezure stories are really heartbreaking. These cease fellows (most are goondas) from these banks literally make the oweners on the road. Legally they had to inform the RTO before a seizure, but in 99% of the cases, they inform only after the seize. Once the car is seized, within 1 week, the bank sell the car to one of the second hand dealer.

Today there are enough genuine vehicles (new and old) available in the market where you can test and select a good one. My advice is - never go behind a siezed car.

I second this statement. Its always to buy a car which is given to you with a happy heart. There are enough vehicles available in the used car market. Take your 40% back and go find another gypsy. I'm sure you'll get something good!
Old 19th June 2009, 14:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjose70 View Post
I second this statement. Its always to buy a car which is given to you with a happy heart.

Not many here would part with a happy heart.
Old 19th June 2009, 18:43   #33
BHPian

Hello All,

I'm glad to inform you that I got the money back. Please be informed of this trap. This is Citi Carz behind Koramangala BDA complex. He regularly places the ad in Times of India. His Name is IMRAN.
Because of this thread I'm able to find two more persons who have been trapped into the deal like this.
No more seized car affair for me. Thanks one and all who advised me on this

This is modus operandi of Imran.
1. When you call him he says he says he has the car whichever you asked for even though he dont have one.

2. Next when you reach there, he tries calling the person who is willing to selll the car of your choice. But it will be always not reachable. Now he proposes one alternate car seized in the bank. Would you be interested.? Now you casually ask what is the price. He will quote a price 50% lower than the market value.

3. now this quote will catch you attention. But as a dampner he says you cannot inspect the vehicle now since it is lying in a yard in Tumkur roadand the guard will not allow to inspect you. But since the price is still low you would still be interested.

4. Now he throws an offer. Pay some 50k or 1lac and he will get the vehicle relased with NOC. Then inspect the vehicle., If you are not interested take back the advance amount you paid. He will sweeten the deal by giving you a signed agreement and a cheque for the amount you paid as advance.

4. Here I safeguarded myself by paying him online money transfer and also insisted that the cheque he gave should be from the same bank and a/c no to which I transfered the advance amount so that I have the proof of the payment made. But two of the persons whom I met in this forum are not so lucky. One of them dint get the cheque and the other one paid him by cash.

5. he commits to deliver the vehicle within 1 week and max 10 days. After few days when you call him to find the details of the vehicles and the status he becomes evasive. When you insist on seeing the vehicle he will send you on a wild goose chase to tumkur road. This happend to the other victim in this forum. When you call him from Tumkur road, he just confuses you and you get fed up and come back. I saw something funny here coz he gave me a vivid description of the vehicle in the yard but was very fishy when he started explaining the route to the yard.

6.Even after few days when nothing happens you may call him and pressurise him, you will be told if you are not interested in this good deal pls come and collect the cash. Now you would be in two minds on seeing his confident demeanour.

7. He actually told me that he will take me to inspect the vehicle next week but on the D- day he evaded saying he has finalised one more deal and we shall go next week to have a look at both the cars.

8. He actually bluffed me last saturday saying the deal is almost done but since this is second saturday ICICI is closed.

So the bottomline. Please dont go to CITI CARZ Koramangala to buy a seized car. He is a biggest conman and a smooth talker.

I forgot to mention one point which was faced by another victim of this forum. When he insisted on seeing the vehicle in person he will take you some to some bank and start calling some one and inevitably the person is not reachable . This happend multiple times to this victim.

Hope this experience helps others.

PS: Rjstyles; Your advice " Peace of mind is priceless" is a priceless advice and realised it today.
Old 19th June 2009, 18:53   #34
BHPian

@bkishore 77- Thats the way mate.Warning inshort blacklisting all the conmen and bad dealers ready to loot innocent car buyers.

Good that you are out of the trap.
Old 19th June 2009, 18:58   #35
BHPian

@bkishore 77 Congrats that you got your money back. Any how never go for this kind of deal as the peace of mind is most important in our life.
That car may be some ones hard earned money that got looted by ICICI's bad ethics.
Old 19th June 2009, 20:46   #36
BHPian

bkishore_77, Lucky you and thanks for keeping us informed about the fraud dealer.
Old 19th June 2009, 21:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

Dude glad that you got your money back. This is one reason I keep off from these used car dealers in town, all are a part of some con nexus. Good luck with your search.
Old 20th June 2009, 08:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on beating a conman. Now it's time to pay him his interest. Call him from another number and say you are interested in buying 10 cars. Give him directions to your office the same way he sent others to Tumkur. Lodge a Police complaint. Even if they don't have any evidence to nail him, at least they'll only be too happy to pay him a visit and harass him and possibly extract some money from him.
Old 20th June 2009, 10:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation for coming out of the deal without any loss. The best act in the incident was the payment made via wire transfer, it was actually a life saver.
Old 20th June 2009, 13:48   #40
Senior - BHPian

Care to explain how you "seized" the money back from the conman?
Old 20th June 2009, 14:00   #41
BHPian

Good that you got your money back and luckily you posted this thread which helped you to realize that you were being conned. I am sure when You saw this post, your heart would have been in your mouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheelburnin View Post
If the person who collected money was one Mr Imran from city Carz koramangala or some used car showroom in jayanagar, beware!!! HE is a fraudster and crook.Pm me if that is the case.Will try to help you in this regard.
You were so confident that the deal was fine and the dealer had just realized that he had quoted you a lesser price. Remember, the dealers do this daily, and they sure know the market value of all cars.

How did you get your money back.
Old 20th June 2009, 19:11   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Care to explain how you "seized" the money back from the conman?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post

How did you get your money back.
This Imran is a cocky fellow. Everytime I ask some probing questions he would reply , "Sir this is such a good deal. The bank process always takes time. The approval is almost done. If you don't want pls come and collect the money. I can easily sell it for someone else"

I would always be in a delimma when he talks like this and I would always back out. But this time I provoked him in saying the above standard lines and when he said I jumped at the offer. I said I shall come right away. He was taken aback for a while and then said Ok.

That's how the story ended in a happy note
Old 20th June 2009, 21:18   #43

Wow! What a thread this!

Congrats bkishore_77. Some learning this post has been.

Though all matters have ended, it just keeps me wondering, how far did the 'Conman' intend to take this? Was he under the impression that the buyer will get fed-up some day and just let go the deal / money when he comes to know he isn't getting the car for that price after all? (Since there was no such car nor price in the first place).

And come to think of it, he runs multiple such (un)deals everyday! Whoa!

While I will keep wondering at it for some time to come now, kudos to this forum. Unbelievable this...
Old 20th June 2009, 23:37   #44
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Congrats - the great escape

@bkishore

Wow, that is one heck of a story and a happy ending. This is an eye opener and you should try and publish it in the auto magazines.

Just curious to know the market price of a 2006 Gypsy vs the price quoted by Imran.

Is there no way to bring Imran to justice? Any body having contacts to "Sansani" type of programs could help.
Old 21st June 2009, 09:04   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
@bkishore
Just curious to know the market price of a 2006 Gypsy vs the price quoted by Imran.
There is nothing to hide now.. The price of the new gypsy is ~6 lakhs here in B'lore. He quoted 1.5 lacs for a 2006 model, with 18k Odo, leather seats and alloys. Now don't anyone feel that they just won a lottery if they get this offer ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks