Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which of these hatchbacks do you find VFM why? Multiple choices allowed!
Maruti Suzuki Ritz 27 17.09%
Honda Jazz 1 0.63%
Hyundai i20 35 22.15%
Fiat Grande Punto 82 51.90%
Other 9 5.70%
Tata Indica Vista 57 36.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 19:36   #16
BHPian

I've given my vote to i20,
I considered i20 and GP to be real contenders and since I'm a petrol-head so comparing top-end of both petrol version, I found the i20 more loaded with features and also, I find it more appealing looks-wise. Other than that, as per the pics, I feel i20 beats gp in interior quality and design too. ( I may be wrong on that part ) But I'm sure that i20's interior's quality is very good as I've driven that one.
Old 18th June 2009, 19:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Ritz for the following reasons :

1) Fantastic petrol motor. As good as Jazz and under the new FE certification norms, this engine scores better than Jazz. I expected Jazz to win, but Suzuki is better now it looks like.

2) Diesel motor. I think they are able to work on Fiat motor better than Fiat itself for India atleast. This motor needs no introduction.

3) NVH. Ritz sound insulation is quite good. Better than Swift and what was really surprising is that even in diesel the refinement is more than what I expected from what is basically a new Wagon R.

4) A.S and S. Only Hyundai comes close. But I20 loses out because of engine.

5) VFM. Considering the motors and peace of mind factor, I think that Ritz is the best VFM package. Reliability is one thing I am really sure about. It does the job without much fuss.
Old 18th June 2009, 21:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

For me, its too close between the Ritz and Vista. Decided to vote for Ritz finally!
Old 18th June 2009, 21:43   #19
ada
BHPian

Ditto -- aaggo, even with the launch of punto, I find Ritz to be a value for money car. I guess with motor enthusiasts around it is no wonder that people are going gaga over Punto - fiat - ferrari, but think calmly Ritz is more value rupee for rupee.
Old 18th June 2009, 22:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the i20. Ah, well this poll is valid till the end of the year. Once the i20 with the getz CRDi engine is launched, we won't require a poll at all. And And very very optimistic.
Old 19th June 2009, 13:46   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Voted for Ritz for the following reasons :

1) Fantastic petrol motor. As good as Jazz and under the new FE certification norms, this engine scores better than Jazz. I expected Jazz to win, but Suzuki is better now it looks like.
- Agree with you on other points, but is this your own comparison or are you drawing your conclusion from other sources ? I'm yet to test drive the Jazz, but I test-drove and felt that the Ritz petrol was, anything but fantastic
- Voted for Ritz too - I am Maruti-biased and can't see why I'd personally see VFM in a Fiat(A.S.S = ?), Vista(From the company that makes "Horn, OK..please), i20/Punto/Jazz(Pricey - Not VFM IMO)
-i20 with CRDi engine might be a VFM contender - but till then, Ritz it is !
Old 19th June 2009, 15:28   #22
BHPian

i20 it is, not just because it has a fantastic engine and an equally refined gearbox, but also because giving so many top class value added features (and not toys like the Ritz interior), with top finish quality. I have hardly come across a more uglier car than Ritz in my whole life. The gearshift reminded me of the old days when you had Ford Model T had those long, rounded gear shifts. The plastic quality - the less said, the better, and the body rattles big time. The engine is good, no doubts on that. The wheel profile is also impressive, but the horrible boot shape and chopped off butt kills it forever.

If we promote such cars, then in a way we are saying we do not bother about fit and finish at all or the quality, just give us an engine and a gearbox on a wheel, I shall drive it away. All my opinions.

Last edited by Shyamtanu : 19th June 2009 at 15:34.
Old 19th June 2009, 15:42   #23
BHPian

How can a majority of us vote for the GP even before its proved itself on the road? It is unfair to put it in this competition, since a majority of us have been bitten by Love @1st sight. Tata Vista has the same engine & gear box as the GP on the diesel variant & its also more spacious than the GP. Then how come is the GP more VFM than the Vista?
Also lets grow up guys - Criticizing other manufacturers is very easy. The topic simply says - Why U feel its VFM (for the car U voted). Lets respect the topic & stick to it.
Old 19th June 2009, 15:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

I vote for Swift... I know its not new but certainly is VFM with the top model with Airbags, ABS, climate control, Alloy wheels and a few more goodies for just 5.5l. Other cars (excluding rits) for the same price doesnt offer these features. One has to pay more for these. In addition the car is is good to drive (better than I20, thats my opinion) and the gear shift is good. The After Sales Service is very good as well.... so overall the complete great package is Swift....

So why wonder if you see lot of them on road these days....

I20- Contemporary, nice interiors... very underpowered and gear shift is not good
Grande Punto- looks excellent... havent driven yet... ASS????????
Rits- not good looking at all
Jazz- looks good.. not driven but certainly very expensive. Revies are excellent
Indica Vista- looks appealing, drives well (fiat's diesel engine), interior plastics are third class.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 19th June 2009 at 15:49.
Old 19th June 2009, 15:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Ritz is far from being value for money. At the starting price of 4.99 Lakhs for the VDI variant, the Punto Active Diesel at 4.85 Lakhs is far far batter. Even the Punto Active variant comes with front power windows, tilt steering and full wheel caps!
Old 19th June 2009, 15:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

The Grand Punto with it's fresh look & brilliant finish as also the design is a clear winner. The Getz CRDi also needs to get a worthy mention. It is still the fastest of the lot & great to drive, with the price cut it is even more tempting !

Cheers
Old 19th June 2009, 15:59   #27
BHPian

I voted for Ritz too - since looks doesn't contribute to VFM
Old 19th June 2009, 16:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

I voted for the Vista. It defines value in this segment.
Now only if Tata valued to value this value.
Old 19th June 2009, 16:06   #29
BANNED

It is GP all the way!

I voted for gP- and the poll clearly shows the GP as the winner and some of them pointed out that GP has just been launched and they doubt its VFM capacity- I beg to differ but GP has proved itself since 2005 and even in India with the same features of Linea I think we can safely assume that on an overall perspective GP takes the piece of cake.
Old 19th June 2009, 16:15   #30
BHPian

Where is the "Palio 1.6 Stile" or "Palio MJD" ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks