Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is the best C+ segment sedan around?
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE/ 1.3 Multijet 82 38.14%
Honda City 2009 1.5 S M/T 43 20.00%
Suzuki SX4 ZXi 26 12.09%
Ford Fiesta 1.6 S/ 1.4 TDCi 21 9.77%
Hyundai Verna VTVT SX 1.6/CRDi SX ABS 13 6.05%
Chevrolet Optra Magnum 1.6 LS 10 4.65%
Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5 LXi 1 0.47%
Mitsubishi Cedia 19 8.84%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2009, 14:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

Well, I have voted for ANHC, looking at the title (best C+ segement sedan). But the description mentions about VFM aspect also. Best things in life come at a price and most often then not, they aren't value for money.
Old 20th June 2009, 14:57   #32
BHPian

I voted for Fiat Linea, the best C+ segment sedan around. Totally practical and comfortable.
An awesome piece of machine!
Old 20th June 2009, 15:02   #33
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Well, I have voted for ANHC, looking at the title (best C+ segement sedan). But the description mentions about VFM aspect also. Best things in life come at a price and most often then not, they aren't value for money.
VFM doesn't mean cheap product. It's the question of whether you see value in the product for the money/premium that you pay. For a 9 lac car, i doubt if ANHC offers enough, interms of features & finish/interior quality.
Old 20th June 2009, 15:16   #34
Team-BHP Support

Magnum or the cedia. Rest are nowhere close IMO.
Old 20th June 2009, 15:59   #35
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday the poll said VFM car. So I voted accordingly. Today the poll says best car. That's not what I voted for. The best cars here would be Cedia or Optra. As Viddy said, the others don't come close.
Old 20th June 2009, 16:00   #36
BHPian

I voted for Fiat Linea, though I own a new Honda City. When you, talk about quality interiors, loads of features and practical engine which is capable and fuel efficient, the new Honda City doesn't stand a chance. I have a city, and its engine is great, but there is nothing else, which score more than Linea in this car.
Old 20th June 2009, 18:24   #37
BANNED

DONT CRITICISE OTHER's WORK.... FOR A CHANGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
Mate,that comparo you have posted is pretty good.But quite a few fact you have got wrong there,it look pretty much a B.S comparo done by dealers to impress uninformed,gullible non-TBHPian car buyers

-If you are comparing prices it has to be either in OTR or ex-showroom and the city is to be preferably Delhi.
-You need to compare either only the petrol versions or the diesel versions at a time.If you want to compare both petrol and diesel include the diesel/petrol versions for other vehicles.You seem to like the Linea so much that you have forgotten that the Verna and Fiesta also have petrol engines which are 100+ bhp!!!!
-Comparing the Total height ,width,length is pretty much sissy because the external figures doesn't mean that interiors are the same,eg:The SX4 its the most widest, but only two can fit in the rear bench.
-You need to mention the max/min headroom,legroom and why is there no comparison of rear headroom, are people going to sit in the back wont have heads.
-Boot space doesnt necceserily mean more volume,more impostant is how the space is utilised,certain vehicle have their rear struts protruding in their boot compartment making the extra space useless.What if the loading are is too narrow or the lower lip?
-I usually take Fuel efficiency reports with a heavy pinch of salt.Why the hell is the Fiesta's mileage figures not included(feel it might leave the Linea far behind) c'mon mate even young children know how frugal the 1.4 TDCi is.
-Power and Torque figures is one thing on paper and the other on road,it all depends the way it is made 68ps on the Fiesta doesn't feel underpowered on road as it feels on paper,ain't it.
-When mentioning about tyres better even to mention about the alloys because they are a huge sum nearly 20-25k.
-It is better not to get manufacturer centred things such as Blue&ME,if you brag about it ,I can go on and on regarding iCATS,VTEC,irde,G-CON,e10 etc
-Regarding fog lamps ,have you ever seen the back of an SX4?(you should be because you cannot overtake it with the lineas )Man I have people seen literally fighting at maruti dealerships because they dont have two reverse lights on their cars.I am pretty sure the Fiesta ,Verna do come with rear foglamps .
-When you mention Blaupunkt as the OEM for Linea and nothing for the others ,do you want to convey that the others come with nameless,cheap china/taiwan made systems and is their any mention of the future proof USB support in the city?
-Im sure that the SX4 comes with a seat belt indicator as well as door ajar dont know about the others but they should be having.
-Does the Honda not come with height adjustable seats?OMG!!
-What does a load limiter mean?
-By mobile charger do you mean the ciigy lighter thingy,I am sure all cars have that. Even the City and SX4 have electrically adjustable ORVMs.
-On what basis is the rating given-counting stars in the sky while typing the report.

Mate as you can see the comparison is pretty baselessand not wothwhile ,sorry for that.
I am not going to comment on the note ,I am sure I will be banned for life from here.

''. This document aims at highlighting the most wanted features '' are beige interiors most wanted features.LOL and regarding italian looks and the overall best perfomance ,I fell off my chair,by superior build quality do you mean chrome strips falling off at delivey time.

Mate, at T-BHP there are scores of new buyers researching our forum to know which is the best car they need to spend their hard earned money on.Instead of posting such comparisons it would be better to drive our car and post neutral reviews in the Team -BHP ownership surveys and the ownership sub-forums.

What is the purpose of this thread? One persons VFM factor is different from the other.One might feel it is VFM to pay for peace of mind,reliability,performance or even or the badge.

Finally, T-BHP is for automobile lovers not for fanatics or brand loyalists,for which there are many other sites.PM me for them.

Cheers.

I have voted for LINEA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
I voted for Fiat Linea, though I own a new Honda City. When you, talk about quality interiors, loads of features and practical engine which is capable and fuel efficient, the new Honda City doesn't stand a chance. I have a city, and its engine is great, but there is nothing else, which score more than Linea in this car.

@omar - thats pretty surprising...

@D.V.R- before you jump the gun on something else- I want to remind you that I had clearly mentioned before that the document I updated on the first page is at a glance biased and in favour of the Linea because I had made it exclusively based on the specs I got from the dealer before the Linea's launch in January for Team-BHP members. Please check older forum where I posted the same. I posted it here for comparison's sake. And I would quite appreciate it if you would sit and see the facts rather than criticise and go honking about the various things that you think is wrong about my comparison- for heaven's sake - I TRIED.

And for those of you who have been wondering what are petrol and diesel cars doing mixed up in the poll that is exactly the point- The gap b/w petrol and diesel cars is narrowing and both have their fair share of pros and cons - so there is no problem whatsoever in mixing the two versions. (some cars like SX4 are only available in petrol dosent mean I dont compare it to the more popular Linea MJD diesel- thats how you bring out which car you think is best and let me make this clear when I mean best I mean best as in overall- it depends on what you think is the winner in the C+ segment so its up to you.

AS far as polling on day two goes it looks like LINEA gets a clear lead with 37% votes- for now.
Old 20th June 2009, 20:28   #38
BHPian

LINEA all the way . It is out there for all to see .

still there are doubts in peoples 's mind ...Dont envy it folks , just accept that Linea Rocks !
Old 20th June 2009, 20:44   #39
BANNED

A Few Thoughts...

I cant believe that the ANHC still gives competition to the Linea at 21% compared to Lineas clear lead of 37% in the segment... must have been only the engine of ANHC that garnered its 21% votes- still nothing to be said about it with quite a low F.E of 10kmpl when compared to the other cars giving 12-14kmpl (owing to an "adequately powered" engine- yet I dont want this thread to spawn of into a Honda-Fiat fight thread yet again... (with due reference to SRINIVASAP and CRAZYRO - remember the battle in May Sales thread). But it still is worth noting that most prefer a perfect balance between VFM factor, and adequate engines not to mention good A.S.S and cheap spare parts ie Linea over the others in an overall perspective- although the sales numbers of the Linea dont seem to be jumping over the ANHC unfortunately although I could well expect a reverse trend owing to the release of the sumptuous Grande Punto (rated top VFM compact in another similar thread poll). It looks like Fiat owns B+ and C+ segment at least on Team-BHP. Good effort Fiat!!!!

Also worth mentioning is that the Cedia seems to be carving a niche for itself on the poll getting 5th place and of course the Fiesta in the third and the SX4 in the fourth resply doesn't come as a surprise considering both cars have their share of deficiencies... Lets see let the poll continue for now!!!

Last edited by Aditya : 20th June 2009 at 20:53. Reason: Smilies
Old 20th June 2009, 21:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
VFM doesn't mean cheap product. It's the question of whether you see value in the product for the money/premium that you pay. For a 9 lac car, i doubt if ANHC offers enough, interms of features & finish/interior quality.
That's what even I meant. ANHC is not VFM but if you don't take the cost in to consideration, it is the best IMHO
Old 20th June 2009, 21:11   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

BEST car would be Cedia. PERIOD
But, as far as VFM thing goes, Linea would be the best bet.
Old 20th June 2009, 21:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Linea as an all-rounder while the Fiesta 1.6S when it comes to outright performance!
Old 20th June 2009, 22:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

Voted for ANHC. It looks good , buttttt it surely doesnt match the rich look of a Linea ( with all chrome). ANHC overall is surely built to a price. I would have voted for Linea if there was a 1.6 MJD around. I surely found it to be tad underpowered ( 1.3 MJD). Though no doubt it comes seriously close to ANHC . ANHC wins in rear seat comfort, I VTEC, FE( i started getting 13km/l in city with 100 % A/c after 1st service ) and decent A.S.S.
Old 20th June 2009, 22:52   #44
Senior - BHPian

The Cedia is no longer in the same price range as before and isn't really competition for these cars. All the others cost under 10 onroad while Cedia is more than 11.5.

At the price I paid 2 years ago - ~10lac OTR it was insane vfm. Now it isn't so. For VFM I'd vote linea.

However for purely how good a car is, none of these come remotely close to a Cedia in driving experience inspite of the fact that the car is more than a 6 year old model.
Old 20th June 2009, 22:54   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
AS far as polling on day two goes it looks like LINEA gets a clear lead with 37% votes- for now.
Right, but why isn't actual sales reflecting this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks