Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is the best C+ segment sedan around?
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE/ 1.3 Multijet 82 38.14%
Honda City 2009 1.5 S M/T 43 20.00%
Suzuki SX4 ZXi 26 12.09%
Ford Fiesta 1.6 S/ 1.4 TDCi 21 9.77%
Hyundai Verna VTVT SX 1.6/CRDi SX ABS 13 6.05%
Chevrolet Optra Magnum 1.6 LS 10 4.65%
Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5 LXi 1 0.47%
Mitsubishi Cedia 19 8.84%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2009, 23:43   #46
BHPian

Cedia / Magnum would be the best C+. No comparison to the performance or the space or the comfort these two would offer. For the rest , Linea has a feature rich set of stuff. But hey, did not Sx4 when it came in create the same sort of reactions?.
Old 21st June 2009, 01:25   #47
BHPian

The average joe on the road still thinks Fiat's service is bad, spares are an issue.
They have no awareness regarding the current Fiat scenario ... that TATA with its huge service network (more service centers & cheaper TCO w.r.t Honda) is behind Fiat.
Also most people don't even know Linea exists. Once they see it more on roads, they'll start appreciating what a classy sedan that Linea is.
Hopefully

And in TBHP, as it shows, Linea is the hot favourite among the new C+ sedans for looks and total VFM. There's more than 30 ppl who bought Linea.
As against 10-15 or so ANHC buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Right, but why isn't actual sales reflecting this?

Last edited by neotraveller : 21st June 2009 at 01:27.
Old 21st June 2009, 10:25   #48
Senior - BHPian

To my knowledge Cedia is a C+ segment sedan... comparing it to these C segment sedans doesnt make sense.... if you want compare it to the C+ segment sedans and I guess only BHPians know the true rating of this most under rated car in India today!!!!

Its one our favourite... Team-BHP's Favourite!!

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 21st June 2009 at 10:32.
Old 21st June 2009, 10:48   #49
Senior - BHPian

Strange! No one voted for the Lancer. Maybe it is an old horse now and popular only with the tours and travels guys.
Old 21st June 2009, 10:55   #50
Senior - BHPian

My choice as always been in this segment would be Japanese car.. so its the ANHC that comes in first... Sx4 is more value for money.... Lancer is very very dated although a very very very reliable and excellent car... Cedia doesnt fall in this category...

Lastly, Yesterdday I entered a Fiat's showroom (TATA/FIAT- HIM, Ringroad) after I guess 7 years. And I can say rosy picture FIAT is trying to make portray these days is all crap. First of all their was no sales person to attend me.. When I asked for Help, a sales person was asked to help me. The red Grande Punto which directly stole my heart was locked and the sales person took almost 5 mins to open it (I mean to get the key) ...

The car looked great and I was almost sold for it. I wond repeat the features of punto as it already has been discussed. But then the sale person didn not know the appropriate features and prices of different models and I was p****d off to the extent that I started saying that yes I know thats a tryre.. thats wheel cover.. thats steering wheell.... man I know that,.. what are the features in the top model which aren't available in the lower models.. overall a good looking car (test drive not still not available) but then its a fiat.

Since Fiat is now talking about their services... I wanted to check their service station and so I went to the basement of the showroom where the service station is... soo very dirty.. I could see only 2 fiat car a linea and a palio.. The linea looked brand new... I thought may e in for a service. I could see the job card on the dashboad and I asked a mechanic if I could see it as I want to buy a Lenia (although I dont)... What a shock... the 1.4 petrol was driven just 594kms and it had these things on the problem list-

1. Starting problem... check self.. wiring to battery and something something..
2. Fuel pump not working.

I know it could be that the owner may have had a bad quality fuel filled or it may be a lemon but still I have seen my cousin burn his hands with palio (bad After sales... excellent car) but still you cant expect a 594kms driven car to hhave starting probems and fuel pump problems...

I straight away came out of the station and please no Fiat for me.. I'd rater pay 7.5 for JAZZ.. though I wont..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 21st June 2009 at 11:01.
Old 21st June 2009, 14:20   #51
BHPian

Voted for SX4 as it is an allrounder in all departments - safety, comfort, price, performance etc...
Old 21st June 2009, 20:50   #52
Senior - BHPian

If i was to choose, id go for the Verna crdi. Performance with economy is what its all about.

Shan2nu
Old 21st June 2009, 20:52   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Strange! No one voted for the Lancer. Maybe it is an old horse now and popular only with the tours and travels guys.
Would be a great buy at 6 lacs. At the current price, it's just not good enough to vote for. If you're looking for a good used car, nothing beats it. Cheap to buy, easy to maintain and fantastic to drive!
Old 21st June 2009, 22:47   #54
Senior - BHPian

The subject of the thread looked like 'Which is the best C++ compiler around?' :-) he he...

My vote is(will be) for Linea. The 1.6 MJD that is.
Old 21st June 2009, 22:55   #55
Senior - BHPian

Again i see that one more FIAT vs Rest fight emerging from this poll.
i would request all to just leave this as a Poll, just vote for your choice.

I voted for ANHC. I recently bought one. BTW, i also own a Palio since 7 years.

i see that FIAT is the underdog in India market. many people love the brand. many people are fence sitters. FIAT is indeed improving its presence, product, service etc in India. but still a long way to go. I see the following

1. Two great products Linea & Punto
2. Availability of low interest rate financing options
3. Availability is increasing, FIAT + Tata together has about 180 dealtership across india (this is what read some where in a Advt of FIAT)
4. Service set up / network has increased due to Tata, but the differentiation need to be brought by Tata in treating traditional Truck/Indica/Indigo cars V/s Lineas/Puntos and their owners.
5. Spare part costs are coming down due to more localization, but the message needs to spread by both Tata & FIAT consistantly
6. FIAT needs to ensure that once the car is introduced and sold, it should remain sold and should nto come back to service station becasue of issues. even small issues would get amplify and make fence sitter jump across and shout from roof top that i said so

once again please do not get into a fight over FIAT vs rest
Old 21st June 2009, 23:05   #56
BHPian

I voted for the SX4. No surprise considering my user nameI test drove the Fiat Linea and found it under powered. I was having to strain the engine all the time.
Also as in well known in Europe, FIAT stands for "Fix It Again Tony"!!!!! and we all know what the *** of Fiat is like - even with the Tata tie up.
ANHC was good but I refuse to pay that price for a bare bones car.
The Cedia I do not consider to be in the same range.

Cya

SS
Old 21st June 2009, 23:12   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Again i see that one more FIAT vs Rest fight emerging from this poll.
i would request all to just leave this as a Poll, just vote for your choice.
Absolutely. Cast your vote, give your thoughts and move on. Everyone has an opinion. There's no need to come back and defend a product or manufacturer. Someone might have had a great experience with a product, someone might not.
Old 22nd June 2009, 07:32   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Also as in well known in Europe, FIAT stands for "Fix It Again Tony"!!!!! and we all know what the *** of Fiat is like - even with the Tata tie up.
ANHC was good but I refuse to pay that price for a bare bones car.
The Cedia I do not consider to be in the same range.

Cya

SS
"Fix it again tony" is well known in Europe?!!

There are other terms:
Failure In Automotive Technology

and so on.

And so does many of the other car brands have. These things used to come as forwarded e-mails years back. You're lucky in that respect - Suzuki doesn't seem to have one! And it is obvious that its only because of the difficulty involved in giving a funny expansion to that 6 letter name.

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd June 2009 at 09:27. Reason: please keep in mind that even indirect mention of abusive words is not allowed, Thanks
Old 22nd June 2009, 11:26   #59
BHPian

Same was the joke in the US in the 80s.
But look where they are now. Their top 3rd company is being rescued by none other than FIAT now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Also as in well known in Europe, FIAT stands for "Fix It Again Tony"!!!!!
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:58   #60
Senior - BHPian

There is a saying that goes as "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder" and what I consider beauty might not be so for the other person.

@suzuki san: SUZUKI SX4 that you are going so gaga about is a vehicle that was co-developed by Fiat and Suzuki to be sold in Europe either as Fiat Sedici or Suzuki SX4. As a matter of fact the design was done by Giorgetto Giugiaro's Italdesign. Hence in most respects SX4 is more italian and Fiat-ish than Japanese and by Suzuki.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks