Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is the best C+ segment sedan around?
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE/ 1.3 Multijet 82 38.14%
Honda City 2009 1.5 S M/T 43 20.00%
Suzuki SX4 ZXi 26 12.09%
Ford Fiesta 1.6 S/ 1.4 TDCi 21 9.77%
Hyundai Verna VTVT SX 1.6/CRDi SX ABS 13 6.05%
Chevrolet Optra Magnum 1.6 LS 10 4.65%
Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5 LXi 1 0.47%
Mitsubishi Cedia 19 8.84%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2009, 11:06   #76
Senior - BHPian

I would say Honda city wins this poll

I know Linea has more percentage, but it would have been more appropriate if its still present in that position after say 2 years.
Old 25th June 2009, 12:20   #77
BHPian

Linea

1>Great Looks.
2>Safest Car in the segment.
3>Good Fuel Efficiency.
4>Cheaper Spare parts/And great warrenty/Service Intervals.
5>Super Reliable/Efficient Engines.
6>Amazing feature list.
7>Great Handling/Comfort.
Old 25th June 2009, 13:17   #78
BANNED

Linea wins...

The poll says it all, the Fiat Linea is the ultimate combination of Exotic Italian styling, great build quality, robust engines, decent performance coupled with economy and above all, sensible pricing.
Lets hope that Fiat finally gets its After sales service right this time.
Old 30th June 2009, 13:48   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Fiat had only one technical association with car internationally and that was getting diesel mills.
No, the there is more contribution/ association from Fiat - SX4 is Designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro's Italdesign studio

Wikipedia throws below when searched in Sedici (1st few lines from the site posted in quote). Check the link below
(also it seems Fiat launched it before Suzuki launched it - mentioned in Bold in both quotes)

Fiat Sedici - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The Fiat Sedici is a mini sport utility vehicle co-developed by Fiat and Suzuki mainly for the European market. It was introduced at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show, and is built at the Magyar Suzuki plant in Hungary. The expected production volume is 60,000 units per year, 1/3 to be sold by Fiat and 2/3 by Suzuki, badged as the SX4. Design was handled by Giorgetto Giugiaro's Italdesign studio, and it is an alternative to mini multi-purpose vehicles (MPV), which have a more "boxy" appearance.

Presented by Fiat in December 2005, it was the official car of the 2006 Winter Olympics. As the car is four wheel drive, it is considered a 4x4, and 4x4=16, hence the name Sedici, pronounced "Say-dee-chi", which means "sixteen" in Italian. By pressing a button driver can change between 4x2 and 4x4 modes. Car also has electronic stability control (ESC) on option list and diesel particulate filter (DPF) is a standard feature. From November 2006 is the second best selling SUV in the Italian market. In June 2007 is the best selling SUV in the Italian market.
Wikipedia throws below when searched on SX4 (1st few lines from the site posted in quote). Check the link below

Suzuki SX4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro's Italdesign studio, the SX4 replaces the Aerio (some markets called Liana). The "SX 4" designation was used by American Motors (AMC) for a sporty liftback model in its all-wheel drive AMC Eagle passenger cars.

Although originally intended solely for the European market, the SX4 is sold in Japan, India, South America, Australia, South Africa, as well as North America. It was introduced at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show and is manufactured at the Magyar Suzuki plant in Esztergom, Hungary, as well as in Japan. An expected 60,000 units will be produced — 2/3 to be sold by Suzuki and 1/3 by Fiat, badged as the Sedici.

Base engines are the 1.5-litre gasoline unit identical to the one used in the Swift, the new 1.6-litre VVT seen in the new Grand Vitara and a 107 PS (79 kW), 1.6-litre DDIS — along with the Fiat diesel engine with a maximum output of 120 PS (88 kW) and maximum torque of 280 N·m (207 ft·lbf).
Old 30th June 2009, 14:05   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
No, the there is more contribution/ association from Fiat - SX4 is Designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro's Italdesign studio

Wikipedia throws below when searched in Sedici (1st few lines from the site posted in quote). Check the link below
(also it seems Fiat launched it before Suzuki launched it - mentioned in Bold in both quotes)

Wikipedia throws below when searched on SX4 (1st few lines from the site posted in quote). Check the link below

I had meant similar information through my previous posts but there is no point on showing the truth to people who just don't want to and prefer living in their fabled world.

I like calling spade a spade. FIAT is not the best manufacturer in the world but atleast their products are much more driver centric than any other manufacturer in the similar range. e.g: Fiat 500, Grande Punto, Bravia, Cinquecento, Palio, Uno etc.

Atleast one should give due to a manufacturer where it is deserved.

My $0.02
Old 30th June 2009, 14:16   #81
Senior - BHPian

Linea leading the poll by about 50% more votes than the ANHC! WoW!
Old 30th June 2009, 22:22   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I think you mean almost twice as many votes or 100%. 50% of 43 is 21.5 so that added to the original 43 would make it only 64.5 while Linea got 82 or approximately 91% more votes.

Cheers
Old 30th June 2009, 23:27   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I meant design, I was more intended on Platform rather than skin panels.
Although Wikipedia is nice, I doubt the information it keeps specially regarding automobiles. A popular PC monthly also said Wikipedia is not very reliable. And in case of cars, I am sure it is not very reliable. Search CVT and you will not find mention of something called Rubber Band Effect. This word is missing.
Or even search VVT and you will come to know how much limited stuff Wikipedia has in case of modern automobiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I had meant similar information through my previous posts but there is no point on showing the truth to people who just don't want to and prefer living in their fabled world.

Atleast one should give due to a manufacturer where it is deserved.
Exactly one should give due to a manufacturer where it is deserved. I have proved with independent articles that SX4 is based on extended Swift platform and this shows in case of parts sharing that is done.
Fiat is not the one to gain maximum out of this deal. They were not targeting more sales from SX4, still Fiat developed everything for Suzuki and gave Diesel motors ? NO.
Fiat was short on cash. Suzuki gave them cash, took motors in return. As soon as Fiat was stable, it announced that its future generation of motors called multiair will not be given to anybody as this time around they are not short on cash.
Old 1st July 2009, 11:17   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Design, Platform or whatever convenient to quote, you mentioned the only association Fiat has with SX4 is engine. I just mentioned that there is some more association also. Period. One can not get into someone's mind what he was "intended" (while writing) which he'll quote post-facto/ later

Quote:
Although Wikipedia is nice, I doubt the information it keeps specially regarding automobiles. A popular PC monthly also said Wikipedia is not very reliable. And in case of cars, I am sure it is not very reliable.
Hmmm. So wikipedia is not reliable & people should believe those 2 linky's you posted as they're reliable. Why? Oh, because you are saying so.
Old 1st July 2009, 11:54   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Yea and on the sales charts, City leads over Linea by more then 300%

Last edited by amit : 1st July 2009 at 11:56.
Old 1st July 2009, 12:03   #86
Senior - BHPian

Ok, Enough is Enough!!!

Quote:
Although Wikipedia is nice, I doubt the information it keeps specially regarding automobiles. A popular PC monthly also said Wikipedia is not very reliable. And in case of cars, I am sure it is not very reliable. Search CVT and you will not find mention of something called Rubber Band Effect. This word is missing.
Or even search VVT and you will come to know how much limited stuff Wikipedia has in case of modern automobiles.

Exactly one should give due to a manufacturer where it is deserved. I have proved with independent articles that SX4 is based on extended Swift platform and this shows in case of parts sharing that is done.
Fiat is not the one to gain maximum out of this deal. They were not targeting more sales from SX4, still Fiat developed everything for Suzuki and gave Diesel motors ? NO.
Fiat was short on cash. Suzuki gave them cash, took motors in return. As soon as Fiat was stable, it announced that its future generation of motors called multiair will not be given to anybody as this time around they are not short on cash.
I had been restraining myself from writing this but I guess Enough is Enough!!!

Here are the crude facts :
  1. GM had 20% shareholding in FIAT which it had bought in 2000 and had a range of Joint Ventures including Powertrains and small car products.
  2. GM also owned 20% of Suzuki which was acquired somewhere around 1995.
  3. GM typically has not been very strong in Europe and Asia and these alliances were to improve its fortune.
  4. Suzuki's expertise is small cars while Fiat's is engineering and medium hatchbacks and sedans.
  5. They combined their expertise to design the Fiat Sedici / Suzuki SX-4.
  6. As a matter of fact GM-Suzuki - Fiat alliance was mulled for India way back in 2002.
  7. GM reduced its share holding from 20 to 3% in Suzuki in 2006 and paid $2billion to FIAT to get rid of its 20% ownership (Thats a story for another day, another time).
  8. During the GM Suzuki alliance period lot of small cars were designed notable amongst them, the WagonR which was sold in Europe as Vauxhall / Opel Agila.
And as already explained by VahanPujari, the design, platform and powertrain was co-developed with FIAT. Please consider hard facts before harping on something.

Quote:

Hmmm. So wikipedia is not reliable & people should believe those 2 linky's you posted as they're reliable. Why? Oh, because you are saying so.
Exactly my point.
Old 1st July 2009, 12:09   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
And as already explained by VahanPujari, the design, platform and powertrain was co-developed with FIAT.
I believe this is the fact and the conclusion of this argument.

I've been reading the whole thread after seeing the statement that SX4 is based on extended Swift platform, first time in this thread.

Seen somewhere in the internet:

"I normally can’t stand these little SUV-lets but the styling on this one is nice. Then I see it is a Fiat Sedici from Giugiaro’s ItalDesign and I know why it looks right. "

Last edited by clevermax : 1st July 2009 at 12:21.
Old 1st July 2009, 14:06   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Yea and on the sales charts, City leads over Linea by more then 300%
Is it a classic case of decision by Heart v/s by Mind with Mind winning it in Sales Charts ?
Old 1st July 2009, 14:28   #89
Senior - BHPian

No I think its a case of Honda vs Fiat with Honda winning it in the sales charts .
Old 1st July 2009, 14:37   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No I think its a case of Honda vs Fiat with Honda winning it in the sales charts .
But the lopside is that it is the case of punto winning the sales chart over jazz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks