Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2011, 20:57   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L

@mandheers,

I suggest that you change the stock tires (retain the spare as stock though). I would recommend Michelin LC as first choice and the Yokohama AVS dBs as second but only because these are unidirectional tires. Retain both the stock size 195/60R15 and the stock speed rating of V. Both the tires are far superior to the stock R322s and will provide you with a comparatively quieter and better ride.

The engine shield does not protrude when viewed from the front, sounds as if it is missing a lock or two.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:56   #167
BHPian

@ khoj- have checked with a Michelin dealer for LC; going to look them up tonight. my tires have done approx 750kms so lets see how much value I get for them. The dealer sounded as if anything above 100kms is a lot already. Will post pics of the underbelly and engine shield.

@ gaurav- yes, bass tube is something I was giving a thought. What I had in mind was front components + retaining rear speakers + 4 channel amp + bass tube. Getting rear coaxials fitted might be an issue; sweet if not.
Old 22nd January 2011, 22:41   #168
BHPian

1.Just got Yokohama C Drives 195/60 R15 after the Bridgestones had gone weak after 45000km plus. The new set seems to handle well and are quiter too.
2.As mentioned earlier about the new Pajero Sport and the new Lancer, here are the photos.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L-mitsubishipajerosport1.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L-newlancer.jpg  

Old 27th January 2011, 15:03   #169
BHPian

Ok, so I hauled over to check the new 2011 Cedia Sports at Autodrome, Malad.
This one was Black; and here’s the bit on it:
1. OZ alloys present (all 5 wheels)
2. MOMO steering present
3. Sporty pedals present
4. Beige + Piano Wood + Black interiors
5. Fabric upholstery (Stanley's aftermarket option available)
6. Digital meter combination (looks great)
7. No reverse parking camera
8. Double-din Kenwood system sans the touch screen (same HU as the Pajero)
9. No Sports floor mats
Same beast under the hood; so I would say at over 70k cheaper it’s still a steal; what many might call VFM.
The interiors are similar to the Select and HM again wishes to target the City buyers.
One sold + two booked; which is a neat number already for Jan '11.
Old 27th January 2011, 16:03   #170
Senior - BHPian

Please find my replies in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Ok, so I hauled over to check the new 2011 Cedia Sports at Autodrome, Malad.
This one was Black; and here’s the bit on it:
1. OZ alloys present (all 5 wheels)
2. MOMO steering present
3. Sporty pedals present
4. Beige + Piano Wood + Black interiors

You can either look sporty or look elegant, you cant wear a business suit and go play football. How can sporty pedals and momo go along biege + wood interiors. What idiots.

Same beast under the hood; so I would say at over 70k cheaper it’s still a steal; what many might call VFM.

I'd rather pay 70k for all the goodies included, the Stanley leather in my car (pre 2009 cedias) itself cost about 50k from after market. Post 2008, the quality of leather was a bit inferior compared to earlier models because of cost cutting but still its not bad and costs about 32k. Also, both spirit and sports catered to different customers.

The interiors are similar to the Select and HM again wishes to target the City buyers.

ofcourse they can target city buyers but....hang on, how many potential city buyers know that a car named cedia exists????

Also, whats the exteriors like, side skirts, spoiler???

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 27th January 2011 at 16:06.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2011, 19:59   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Just something that's expected, I guess, since I just bought my Cedia just 1-1/2 months back. Especially since the leather seats and reverse camera (something that is quiet useless) wouldn't really cost 70K. The 70k is certainly dearer to me than these. Good job, though, not getting rid of the alloys and steering wheel. It's a steal for 8.9K (the previous one was 9.6k).

Things would be worse (for me) if they had brought-in the newer shaped Lancer for that price.

Last edited by DrunkenMonk : 27th January 2011 at 20:00.
Old 28th January 2011, 10:40   #172
BHPian

@ gaurav- Exteriors retained per usual. Skirting + Spoiler etc.
Old 28th January 2011, 16:57   #173
BHPian

Ok, need some advice here. My car came back from 1st service after 1000kms. The Motordrome guys have changed the air intake (assuming that's what it's called); basically it's a closed unit now with air intake reversed or from the bottom. I remember having read it somewhere on a thread here but need advice. Will drive and see how it fares or get it reverted back to the original. The service advisor says this is a newer version and the one that came factory fitted was older.
Old 28th January 2011, 20:17   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, need some advice here. My car came back from 1st service after 1000kms. The Motordrome guys have changed the air intake (assuming that's what it's called); basically it's a closed unit now with air intake reversed or from the bottom. I remember having read it somewhere on a thread here but need advice. Will drive and see how it fares or get it reverted back to the original. The service advisor says this is a newer version and the one that came factory fitted was older.
Just reached home and thought I'd post an update on the drive back.
The car feels the same at lower speeds (read bumper to bumper); but when going a bit higher it feels the following: Labored, Weighed Down, Sedate, Out of Breath when Revved to a higher speed and Sluggish. Now is it my imaginating suspicious self or because of the 'air duct' (yes, that's what the Motordrome staff described it as).
I feel it's a 'devious ploy' to exact more FE from the car. I also doubt it would not come OEM had it been such a significant piece of plastic.
Please advice.
Old 17th February 2011, 18:31   #175

@ mandheers - I suggest you go back to the service shop and get the original put back on. I had the same concern... I've posted details of my experience at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1514158
patilan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 10:53   #176
BHPian

(not sure if this has been discussed before)

Hi all,

With a 2 ltr engine, whats stopping Mitsubishi from giving Cedia a higher bhp (and keeping mileage similar to say civic) ? The at current price it would be real steal rt ?

The specs look a bit strange when one looks at the the engine displacement and then the bhp figures.....
Old 20th May 2011, 16:11   #177
BHPian

This is what we are missing here in India; check out the Lancer EX in 3 trims - it looks exactly like the EVO X (I personally love the aggressive looks of EVO X), am sure with a great engine and handling capabilities. The 2.0 engine comes with great PS and Torque! Why can't we have this in India, at least with a 1.6 or 1.8 engine? Didn't HM have the 2.0 Cedia with a huge torque, and price it at less than 10 lakh?

MITSUBISHI MOTORS Lancer EX TOP
Tats07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 15:53   #178
BHPian

You might wanna look this up:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2374262
Old 4th June 2011, 20:25   #179
BHPian

See: Mitsubishi Cedia Spotrs | Technical Specifications- Mitsubishi Motors

Is a revised Cedia diesel on the horizon?

See also, my comment here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2374590
Attached Thumbnails
New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L-cediaspecs.jpg  

Last edited by DrunkenMonk : 4th June 2011 at 20:33. Reason: Added comment
Old 4th June 2011, 23:19   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenMonk View Post
Is a revised Cedia diesel on the horizon?
I dont think so. Generally Mistsubishi has lots of errors in their website. Last time I went thru the complete website [2 weeks back], found some major errors. So this also should be a typo - I had noticed it when I was browsing.

Most Viewed