Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 20:09   #91
Senior - BHPian

I think those tacky stickers are optional.Otherwise the best car to drive in India this side of 12 lakhs.Even comes with a Momo wheel
Old 28th July 2009, 00:58   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Ok. I need some help here.

Dad is hell bent on buying an Altis as his next car. I need ideas as to how I can persuade/beg/convince him to go for this instead of an old man's car!

PS: My dad's just 52. That's too young for a guy who was completely involved in rallying when he was young and a past winner of the K1000 rally to buy an Altis! Boohooo.... I really love the Cedia. And with these alloys and that touch screen navigation, I love it more!

PPS: To one particular red Cedia owner(who I know will be reading this post), please ask me before selling your car.
At some point you want a complete opposite of what you do.May be that's what your Dad has in mind, or some other very good reason.He's been there done that, so whats going to be new in a cedia in it for him.In altis he gets a more comfy car . Let him go with his choice. You can always get the real thing(or almost real evo) when it gets here.

Why on earth would some one want a Momo steering factory fitted, are mitsu saying they can't do a better job than after market souped up crap, with this they take away the choice when you might fancy say HR racing wheel instead.

Last edited by marlinspike : 28th July 2009 at 01:05.
Old 28th July 2009, 03:43   #93
Senior - BHPian

For the price, imagine what a Turbo can do in a Cedia if installed Proffessionally to minimize turbo lag.
Old 28th July 2009, 18:16   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
Why on earth would some one want a Momo steering factory fitted, are mitsu saying they can't do a better job than after market souped up crap, with this they take away the choice when you might fancy say HR racing wheel instead.
Well, this is the same steering wheel from the Evo XIII/IX. It's all part of the parts bin of the old Lancer Evos. If you are a regular at international Lancer forums, you'll notice that guys outside of India envy the fact that we get "Evo features" like the steering wheel, satnav, aluminium pedals in our "regularl" Lancer.

Of course, we also get the old generation Lancer with only 115bhp. Meaning, we get the icing but not the cake itself!

The older generation Ralliart MiVEC should atleast be brought in here...*sigh*

Cheers!
Payne
d_payne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2009, 21:05   #95
Senior - BHPian

Test drove one and was impressed.It was the sports version and damn the steering wheel is to die for. Any takers on tbhp as yet ? The test drive has gotten me thinking now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Damn! whats with these guys? those stickers!!!
I reckon they should have added red carpets too .
Old 28th July 2009, 21:08   #96
Senior - BHPian

Cedia is an addictive car.When i test drove the sports version in 2008,i simply fell in love with it and bought an Aussie Yellow Sports version.
I dont ever regret this car.
Old 28th July 2009, 22:05   #97
Senior - BHPian

The stickers suck but that Momo steering wheel is to die for.
Old 28th July 2009, 22:49   #98
BHPian

Why would someone want to spoil such a nice car?
Old 29th July 2009, 13:38   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The stickers suck but that Momo steering wheel is to die for.
When I had a talk about the same with the service manager Karnataka, Mr. GovindaRaja, he had told me that this could be removed. So I guess that would be the first mod for any prospective buyer ;-)
Old 3rd August 2009, 09:28   #100
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend I have been to Maya Motors Chennai. The salesman tells me that they get the stickers separately from the factory and they are the ones who fix the stickers on the cars. If we tell them in advance, they won't fix the stickers. (This he told me when I asked if they can give me for only the Door handle RALLIART stickers alone, not he bigger ones.)

So, the car comes to the dealer's shop without stickers...
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:05   #101
Senior - BHPian

Saw a White Cedia with the stickers last Satuday at ASC. The owner was complaining about some of the stickers puffing / getting blackish dirt outlines. So, it seems either the stickers are not put on in the right way etc, or quality is suspect.

The OZ racing wheels looked fab.
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:42   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Last weekend I have been to Maya Motors Chennai. The salesman tells me that they get the stickers separately from the factory and they are the ones who fix the stickers on the cars. If we tell them in advance, they won't fix the stickers. (This he told me when I asked if they can give me for only the Door handle RALLIART stickers alone, not he bigger ones.)

As far as I know many other parts are also fitted at dealer level during before PDI.
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:33   #103

Currently, this car is very close to the model that was available in the US as the Lancer Ralliart (2004 to 2008). See the link below

Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (2006) with pictures and wallpapers

They actually gave the same grills you see in those pictures (minus the ralliart logo of course) for a few months initially this year, and i consider myself lucky to actually have got one of those. The interiors are exactly the same to the one that was available in the US, comparing the two i see that we get OZ racing wheels, we get the SAT NAV and the climate control as extras, but on the other hand we get a smaller engine (they got a 2.4-liter SOHC MIVEC engine), we do not get the cruise control and we get a cheaper instrumentation cluster.

And for the the extra Ralliart vinyl that we get, i don't know if i should consider it as an advantage or a disadvantage, because actually, they are genuine Ralliart Vinyls which you can see on the current and the previous generation EVOs, but HM being HM, they have completely messed it up on the CEDIAs.

But this by the way has marked the Ralliart entry into India. Anyone noticed ralliart on the newspaper ads?

And check the EVO 9 interior out below, you will be surprised to see the similarities here
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX FQ-360 - Supercars.net

All said and done, the current indian version, i must say, is now up to the mark , at least in the looks department (minus the Vinyl ) (dont kill me for this, just my opinion).
Old 3rd August 2009, 15:36   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Really? This is news to me. I was told by the local dealer here that the cars come with the stickers and that they can be peeled off if I don't like them. He was very clear that he wouldn't be reducing prices even if he didn't provide stickers on the car (told me they cost around 2-3k!). Of course our discussion was primarily about looks rather than the cost.

Last edited by CBlazer : 3rd August 2009 at 15:44.
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:54   #105
BHPian

Guys, Any one actually compared quality of interiors in NMC (New Mits Cedia) with OMC (Old Mits Cedia). Some of my Colleagues, who test drove NMC and compared with my OMC said, quality of interior are not good as OMC (I mean use of plastic, fit and finish).
Having used Corolla previosuly, they were generally not very happy with local dealer type fittment in some cases (fitting of USB cable of Kenwood system thorugh dashboard)

Any clue with anyone?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks