Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2009, 22:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Stock clearance is what I see written all over! And yes, might be the Punto effect.
Stock Clearance it is my friends, nothing else!

its been tried before by maruti, remember the 3 door limited edition Carbon and Steel Zens (leftovers from european export stock)!
Old 22nd June 2009, 22:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Typically, Maruti has responded to competition with price cuts. It would be happy to do the same with Swift too. But here its the stock clearance that I suppose. Moreover they have some competition from its own stablemate, Ritz, so just a little bit effort to show swift has is a bit different than Ritz.

The only car that comes close to " perfect hatch " definition ( IMHO ) is not to be easily ruffled by GP so easily.
Old 22nd June 2009, 23:32   #18
BHPian

MSIL, how many more year you will take Indian customer as granted. Wake up and introduce some real good product. Suzuki, dont think that u will earn all your profit from Indian Customer.
Old 22nd June 2009, 23:33   #19
BHPian

I think MUL would do better if they just introduce Swift & Ritz ZDI priced around 30k lesser than GP. Swift VDI-ABS costs 5.81L OTR Pune and GP costs 6.83 OTR. So the difference is more than a lac. Maruti already has ZXI available, so if they just come up with ZDI, there would be lot of buyers there given excellent network and availability of cheap spares that Maruti enjoys. Not introducing ZDI in Ritz was/is a mistake IMHO. Maybe June/July GP sales might force them to consider their decision.
Old 23rd June 2009, 00:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

the new 1.2 Litre K series engine that has debuted in the Ritz
Old 23rd June 2009, 00:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

its the new suzuki engine used in the ritz. the swift uses the older G series engine

PS: 10 chars is not encouraged here. Full replies and questions preferred
Old 23rd June 2009, 00:26   #22
BHPian

swift glam!!
and why only the petrol,didnt they make it too obvious here?
its nothing but stock clearance for the new k series engine,but it would have been better if they reduced the prices.
i dont think it has anything to do with gp launch as maruti is far to be unsettled by fiat in its segment.
and yes if there is a sensible maruti worksperson anywhere listening,please stop such nonsense stuf and bring out the swift 1.6,that ll surely make the sales go up rather than this shitty crap.
Old 23rd June 2009, 03:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
i dont think it has anything to do with gp launch as maruti is far to be unsettled by fiat in its segment.
You are right. It has nothing to with GP launch. It is because the current Petrol mill is obsolete and cannot mean Bharat IV norms to be effective from 2010.

Therefore, they have to put newer series engine in Swift.
Old 23rd June 2009, 07:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

A new word, instead of sports, glam! What a load of !@#$%^&*! Comeon MSIL, you can do better! Nice way to do a stock clearance!
Old 23rd June 2009, 07:45   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
What a load of nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
could you please give reasons for the sense in this car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Another unwanted special edition, just like the Spark Music. What is the point in this model. I dont see anything special except that it might have a higher oops glamourous price tag
Funnily enough , as much as we ( and I ) put down such sales gimmicks as merely cosmetic, i was amazed how these tactics get buyers!

my cousin is one girl that loves music to the core and is listening to it 24/7.She was hell bent on the Spark Music purely cause of the branding and no amount of coaxing from my end could alter her choice.she reasoned out saying a lot of us would be delighted if the Car can be kept stock from day 1. If i get a car that satisfies my ego with the naming and also satisfies my requirements, then why should i pay outside and get something done that is not OEM.

To a certain extent, what she says is true.Cause most of us choose cars on 1 or 2 factors that we look out for and the rest is aftermarket. If a manufacturer covers these points ( in her case a music system and branding it so ), then all of us would be content with what we have bought(one without any aftermarket fitments).The same applies to cosmetic changes as well, I would any day prefer OEM ahead of mods done outside.

We cant counter this argument, cause all of us will be cribbing on seeking performance related promotions but a lot of people are out there whose "feel good factor" is more visual (and not technical).

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 23rd June 2009 at 07:48.
Old 23rd June 2009, 07:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

the new swift glam. Unlimited appeal. Limited availability.
Attached Thumbnails
Now a "glam"oured swift limited edition-getimage.dll.png  

Old 23rd June 2009, 08:53   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
link:Maruti Suzuki Launches Swift Glam Limited Edition

Following are the features in the Maruti Swift Glam Limited Edition
  • Integrated Audio System
  • Beige Upholstery
  • Keyless Remote Entry with buttons on the key fob.
  • Rear parcel tray
  • New wheel covers
  • Dual Tone dashboard
  • Body coloured outside rear view mirrors and door handles.
The Swift Glam is available in two new colours - Noble Arctic White and Goldsmith Black.

Apart from the keyless remote entry with key fob buttons, Indica Vista has everything already on offer and at a cheaper price.
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:03   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Apart from the keyless remote entry with key fob buttons, Indica Vista has everything already on offer and at a cheaper price.
Thats a useless comparison.

I could also soup-up an autorickshaw with all that stuff, but that still wont make it a good car!

There's a reason why Indicas are cheaper than Swifts. Same reason why a Logan is cheaper than a Honda City, and a Lexus is cheaper than a BMW.
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

These are the Nasty ideas from Jagdish kattar.
providing the skirts will be the right add-on.
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:33   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
These are the Nasty ideas from Jagdish kattar.
providing the skirts will be the right add-on.

Jagdish Kattar! If I am not wrong, I think he left Maruti Udyog long time back and now runs his own enterprise which is called "Carnation" (i think).

By the way this limited edition maruti swift is just to move the less selling petrol swift and make way for the new generation petrol engine from the ritz. That engine is a gem and i hope would benefit from 4% excise cut.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks