Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 22:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Folks
I had left my ANHC for service. The average FE displayed on the control panel was 10 kmpl when I left and it was showing 5.5 when I took it back. I dont know if workshops are known to steal petrol as well. Anybody has simillar experience?
Old 17th July 2009, 00:03   #32
Ali
BHPian

It may be the truth,Better be safe than sorry. When we park our cars,let us park where it can be seen.If we park it in the remote corner of the parking lot.There are chances of theft.
Old 17th July 2009, 13:50   #33
gpa
Senior - BHPian

A scary thing to hear.

Hope all manufacturers devise a locking system for the fuel filler cap as is present on some cars.
Old 17th July 2009, 14:26   #34
BHPian

For two wheelers there is a fuel tank cap lock avalible. Is there anything like this for 4 wheelers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
A scary thing to hear.

Hope all manufacturers devise a locking system for the fuel filler cap as is present on some cars.
Old 17th July 2009, 15:33   #35
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
For two wheelers there is a fuel tank cap lock avalible. Is there anything like this for 4 wheelers?
Yes, a few manufacturers have a fuel flap that can be released internally as well as a fuel cap that can be locked with the key. If I remember correctly, the Skoda Fabia and Ford Ikon have a system like this.
Old 19th July 2009, 22:10   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
afaik its very easy.. i remember a kid near my area stealing petrol from altos and swifts.
the good thing is he got caught and was taught a lesson.
How was it done ? Would you please explain his tactics ?
Old 16th May 2011, 16:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

Re: Petrol Telgi? (Petrol Theft in Parking Lots)

I have myself caught a thief red handed , getting petrol out of my bike which was parked outside Vidyavihar station! i have stopped parking my bike since there.

Also since the thief was from a nearby slum, and i had caught him by his collars , a mob from the same slum gathered and they requested me to leave him.

I had to leave him since i could not alone be against a mob, there were no police around.
Old 3rd December 2013, 22:29   #38
BHPian

Re: Petrol Telgi? (Petrol Theft in Parking Lots)

Bumping up this thread to relate one incident:

I parked my car at Forum (3rd Floor on MLP Parking). After leaving, I found that the fuel gauge had dropped by one bar (mine has 10 bars for the A-Star's 35 litres, hence one bar = 3.5 litres). As per the trip meter, I ad only covered 18 km when that one bar dropped (the car normally does at least 35km for one bar of fuel). I do not know how anyone would have taken it, but I guess the car next to mine must be suspect (there was a driver sitting in it, windows were open).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks