Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:48   #1
BHPian

Zen estilo gets a fresh heart, and more!

Yes, the much hated zen estilo has gone under the surgeon's knife.

The production of the old variant has already been stopped, and after Maruti's factory resumes operations after the week long shut down for scheduled maintenance, the new estilo will go into production.

The facelift is typical maruti fare, with not many changes expected. (I haven't seen the car though)

The big news, however, is the introduction of the 1.0L K-series engine from the A-star in the zen. Given how light the zen was, and that the new engine is lighter than the 1.1L engine being used currently, the zen is expected to give even better fuel efficiency than the A-star's 19.1 kmpl !!

That's all the info I have here, folks.

Here's hoping the looks of the 'All new' zen estilo will be a little more palatable !
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think at this point of time, it'll be a "heart transpalnt" only and no cosmetic surgery will be done. As per Sid's another post, facelifted Zen is expected in 2010.

PS: If the facelifted Zen comes out this month, it'll be good for all the Zen Estilo fans.

PS2: More than the facelift, I would prefer it to have a B**lift!
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

I hope they facelift the zen to the prior design. Not the tall boy design which it sports currently. Almost nobody likes the look of the current 'zen'.
I have high hopes don't I ?
This is nice trend that has started off late. If the car bombs in the market, or to boost sales, just plonk a cousin car's engine and make it either peppy or fuel efficient.
Ok that about the heart of the car. What about the exterior? any updates on that ?
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:53   #4
BANNED

I do not think they had too many options. The 4/3 version of the M800 engine is not going to meet EIV next year. Expect to see same (or may be a 1.2 engine) in the WagonR soon. Also, one can now presume that the stories about the M800 being upgraded to EIV were just Stories!
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:54   #5
BHPian

I had read in cartradeindia that all maruti cars are going in for a facelift. I dont if it is to be believed but then if that does happen it will be good to see some new new faces with old hearts on the road
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:55   #6
BHPian

Minor cosmetic changes have also been done.Basically in the back.
A bit of changes in the interior as well.
OT: Swift limited edition is to be out very soon.
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Minor cosmetic changes have also been done.Basically in the back.
A bit of changes in the interior as well.
OT: Swift limited edition is to be out very soon.
Any changes in the front? What changes have they made at the back? New tail-lamp design or they moved the number plate from the bumper into the back of the tailgate?

Also, is the limited edition Swift the same as the GLAM edition?
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:14   #8
BHPian

What if the 'face-lifted' Aen Estillo is pitched as whole new car. Going by the Maruti tradition, it can really be possible.

That would make 3 types of alto and 2 types of zen estillo + wagon R + Swift + Ritz.
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:01   #9
BANNED

Though the new K-series engine is good, it needs a lot of modifications to make the Estilo a good looking car from outside.

The absence of a prominent bonnet and grill, plain side and back profiles, narrow width coupled with a tall body - all these make it look ugly for me. Side skirts make it a bit trendy in 'stretched' photos only.

What we want back is the old black-honey-comb-grilled Zen. Even the Maruti-modified Zen came after that, with rear number plate on the back door was also ugly to me.

Regarding engine, a 4-cylinder 1.0L K-series engine will be much better for Estilo and Wagon-R.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 23rd June 2009 at 17:18.
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:07   #10
BHPian

Will the gearbox be upgraded too, or the same rubbery stuff that is currently installed?
Old 24th June 2009, 10:33   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The A-star engine isn't the best within the city, and suffers from poor driveability. You really need to revv it to make it move. Compare that to the WagonR engine which does have better low end torque delivery. How much of an upgrade is it then? And yes Maruti, please do something about that gearbox.
Old 24th June 2009, 10:40   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak
PS: If the facelifted Zen comes out this month, it'll be good for all the Zen Estilo fans.
Zen Estilo fans! Well, that's news to me!
Old 24th June 2009, 10:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

My friend booked a Ritz yesterday, and he has been promised a Limited Edition Ritz! Anyone has any scoops on this?
Old 24th June 2009, 11:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Zen Estilo fans! Well, that's news to me!
There are many. Here's 1 atleast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
My friend booked a Ritz yesterday, and he has been promised a Limited Edition Ritz! Anyone has any scoops on this?
Seems more like a dealer "limited" edition. Its been just over a month that the car has been launched. Else, pure sticker job to keep Punto at bay
Old 24th June 2009, 11:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

I believe the whole idea of making the Astar engine in Estilo is to mass produce the astar engine & making the Estilo cheaper to buy to counter the Spark & Xeta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks