Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2009, 13:49   #1
BHPian

1000 (300?) Honda Jazz Booked In 1st Week

Hi Guys,

Just came across this news:

1000 Honda Jazz Booked In 1st Week

Honda Jazz has managed to garner 1,000 bookings within the first week of its launch. The Honda Jazz is being manufactured at Honda’s facility in Greater Noida, U.P. with localisation level of 77%, to be scaled up in phases. Bookings for the Honda Jazz have been a runway hit at the company’s vast distribution network of 105 authorised dealership facilities, across the country. Honda India has already expanded and strengthened its dealer network in preparation for the launch of the Jazz and this network is likely to go up to 112 facilities by the end of the current financial year.
-----------------------

So as expected Honda did it again with the Jazz. What I am thinking is whether its because of the car’s own potential or it’s the Indian consumers craze for Honda.

As per my experience after feeling this car in flesh, its absolutely a class apart in every aspect but not a value for money car at all at the price of 8 lacs on road, pune if you look at it as a hatchback.

However, I feel, its a value for money car for the one who's looking to buy a sedan & goes for Honda Jazz.

Have your say
Old 28th June 2009, 13:54   #2
BHPian

Well well well. Just goes to show that a really good brand can really pull in the crowds, inspite of that outrageous price. But i still feel its just the novelty factor and at these price levels it wont be sustainable in the long run
Old 28th June 2009, 14:25   #3
BANNED

Jazz is suicidal....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenFire View Post
Well well well. Just goes to show that a really good brand can really pull in the crowds, inspite of that outrageous price. But i still feel its just the novelty factor and at these price levels it wont be sustainable in the long run
Goes to show Honda City will transfer sales to the Jazz and the same thing that happened to the Civic will happen to the City although on a smaller scale. The Civic will be stamped out further with the Altis and Laura coming into the foray. Expect Civic sales to remain around the 100 mark (owing to the fact that it still carries the same 4 people that the City does but doesn't have steering controls and is very costly compared to the City. The Jazz does the same thing with an added CD player that a shameful City which is a segment above doesn't have. That poses competition within the same brand- Honda's marketing strategy is turning out to be suicidal. In any case the demand is being powered by people who are blind to buy an overpriced brand (VFM factor doesn't come in at all- the same A.S.S , 'peace of mind' factor, Solid build, brand value is available in cars with lower cost, higher value and equal brand prestige (atleast internationally it is morE) - anyways much has been talked about this and I think it is time the people woke up from zombies to buyers who look for an overall car and thereby teach Honda a lesson to play fair.
Old 28th June 2009, 14:38   #4
BHPian

I'm starting to lose faith in the Indian buyer, we buy anything and everything
The latest being a featureless and overpriced hatchback at a price where you can say it is underpowered too.

Lets see where the Jazz is going to be when we get the new swift(you know its going to kick arse) and the polo.(VW brand brand brand)

But hey, grats to the people who bought the Jazz, enjoy the car.
Old 28th June 2009, 14:57   #5
BHPian

I'd take this news with a bucketfull of salt!

If people are really accepting Jazz @ 8 Lacs, we are headed for more trouble since other manufacturers would also follow suit with average cars priced exorbitantly.

These days our media will write anything for you if you pay them. They would even terrorize you in some cases.

Recently my builder was approached by TV9 crew and they demanded 25 lacs for not to publish some minor irregularities in the construction. Howz that!

Dunno what happened behind closed doors later.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 28th June 2009 at 15:00.
Old 28th June 2009, 16:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats not good news...

I hope that Hyundai does not follow suite and price the i20 diesel sky high...
Old 28th June 2009, 16:39   #7
nbr
BHPian

Nothing to wory.The initial rush will be there for any reputed model.After few months , the demand will will decline.
Old 28th June 2009, 16:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

That news looks like a speculative one than authentic. I would wait till the official reports to come before making any judgement.
Old 28th June 2009, 17:23   #9
BHPian

This might be the dealer numbers and not customer numbers.
The over enthusiastic dealers might have ordered these expecting huuuge demand for "Honda".
Old 28th June 2009, 17:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

1000 ?

300 is a figure that I have since the launch. And my sources are pretty strong. So I would take that 1000 figure with a pinch of salt.
Old 28th June 2009, 18:08   #11
BHPian

Guess Honda commands a large share of the emotional space among Indian consumers. They seem to see value in the brand and its price tag. Like most things its perception. Whats seems irrationally priced to a few of us seems pretty valuable to many .
Old 28th June 2009, 18:53   #12
BHPian

As per Honda dealers interviewed in today's Times of India, most of the Jazz booking's have been at the cost of City, as people saw a cheaper alternative in Jazz.
This is similar to City eating the Civic's market share.

In an interview in July Autocar, some Honda Boss from Japan justifies the high price by a strange remark 'as hatchback is costlier to make than a saloon.' Does he not know that hatches are available in India starting from Nano and M 800 for a price of 1.1 lacs onwards. Whom is he trying to fool.

And how can Honda justifies a price of 20,000 for fog lamps and 40000 for alloy wheels?

Fact remains that Honda is a greedy company charging atrocious premium for few positive product points as most customers do not evaluate a product properly, technically or financially. Imagine Jazz having a 7 lac ex. showroom price tag and it does not come with a rear parcel shelf.
Old 28th June 2009, 19:04   #13
Team-BHP Support

Better quality interiors, similar passenger/boot space, same features, easier to drive/park in city, lower price and better FE. That's the Jazz in comparison to the ANHC. The guy looking for practicality is bound to opt for the Jazz than the ANHC. A person will opt for the ANHC only for the status symbol of owning a sedan. For all practical purposes the Jazz fits all requirements.

It's no surprise that the Jazz is cannibalising the ANHC with such a silly price point.
Old 28th June 2009, 19:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

On Friday, i visited the dealer for my RC book,
saw some 4 Jaaz cars, i think, one or two were ready for delivery
I found the space, interiors to be better than ANHC.
There was a demo car which had complete Leather interiors which looked very good.
this demo car had one mountain bike and a huge guitar inside the car.

i think, it will eat into some of the ANHC's sales.
but i think, Honda's margins will remain same in percentages (%)
Old 28th June 2009, 19:59   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post

If people are really accepting Jazz @ 8 Lacs, we are headed for more trouble since other manufacturers would also follow suit with average cars priced exorbitantly.
Hi,
In India,you could put a label of a Honda or Toyota on a dead cat and people would probably buy it.I guess its just Honda cashing on the brand image that's all.
I really don't think people would pay 8 lakhs for a hatchback say maybe made by Hyundai.(No offence to Hyundians out there.).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks