Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2009, 11:43   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
i dont like it. it is almost same design like fusion. ford need to change the design profile if they really want to sell the car in good no. the car should be more curvy like Punto, fabia. even polo looks cool.
Exactly. There are many feature that match with this car with Fusion. They might be planning to have small car with same platform may be with 1.2L engine with < 4M. So that they can priced it very less.
Though Fusion is failing the no of sell due to high price, its a very practical car for Indian Road.
Old 6th July 2009, 10:31   #47
BHPian

I caught up with 2 cars under test yesterday, they were in a small convoy along with a mildly taped Endy, so I guess the Endy is going to get a facelift before the Fortuner.

I managed to split the convoy with some help from a speeding Sumo behind me and I drew up parallel to these cars, they were maintaining a steady 80 km/h, sorry no pics but here's what I noticed

1) The cars in profile looked exactly like the last pic from Sidindica (the taped one)
2) In these 2 cars, the tail light on the boot is now working , I could not see the Xmas cluster lighting up
3) Interior seems unchanged from the Fiesta, but that does not count for much since the launch is probably atleast 6-8 months away
4) This is a tall car, more Fusion than Fiesta, imagine a Fusion with styling like the Fiesta but the hatch was like the Fusion
5) The front appeared to be like a mixture of i20/i10/Ford design
6 ) At 80km/hr the car did not appear to be stressed, but I could not check the engine noise since wind noise was quite high in that stretch.

Will take a camera next time
Old 6th July 2009, 10:36   #48
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

any idea whats happenning to the ikon replacement ?
Old 6th July 2009, 19:37   #49
BHPian

I left my car for service today. I spoke to the head mechanic and asked him about any new cars coming out of Ford stable. He said there is new Ford fiesta with 1.8 liter engine coming out and he also confirmed it is definetely not the engine which did duty in Ikon 1.8 diesel. Launch date is somewhere 4 to 5 months down the line and they have not yet gone for the training.
Old 6th July 2009, 20:02   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
I left my car for service today. I spoke to the head mechanic and asked him about any new cars coming out of Ford stable. He said there is new Ford fiesta with 1.8 liter engine coming out and he also confirmed it is definetely not the engine which did duty in Ikon 1.8 diesel. Launch date is somewhere 4 to 5 months down the line and they have not yet gone for the training.
Thanks for the info buddy. But frankly speaking i think they will prefer plonking a 1.6 TDCI. I aint sure of a 1.8 TDCI. I think Ford should rather wait to launch the Next Gen Fiesta.
Old 6th July 2009, 20:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Heavily cloaked is such an understatement, I'm surprised the driver can even look out that thing.
Old 10th July 2009, 12:47   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Ford Fiesta 1.8 diesel should be a very interesting addition to the Fiesta stable. 1.8 shud give real power that can match the Ride and Handling characteristics of the Fiesta. I seriously hope they do give that option. In which case, I would probably choose a Fiesta 1.8 than the current Linea MJD. Let me check with some Ford dealers here in Chennai if this is true. I doubt if they,ll have this info though.
Old 10th July 2009, 13:22   #53
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Ford Fiesta 1.8 diesel should be a very interesting addition to the Fiesta stable. 1.8 shud give real power that can match the Ride and Handling characteristics of the Fiesta. I seriously hope they do give that option. In which case, I would probably choose a Fiesta 1.8 than the current Linea MJD. Let me check with some Ford dealers here in Chennai if this is true. I doubt if they,ll have this info though.
Check and let us know if you get any good news
Old 11th July 2009, 00:42   #54
BHPian

Ford Fiesta 1.8? Haven't heard anything about it - will check and find out.
Old 21st July 2009, 20:59   #55
BANNED

Ford's first hatch in India

Quote:
After a long wait Ford is getting ready with its first small car in India and Auto Bild India brings you exclusive first hand information and spy pictures.

Scoopers Any news on this?!

Source: AutoBild
Attached Images

Old 21st July 2009, 21:17   #56
BHPian

Hmm kinda looks like Astar

The Verve concept-based small car will have as high as 75% localization to keep costs in check and will host a sub 1.2-liter petrol and sub 1.5-liter diesel engine. Ford plans to make use of this car to make a sedan in the future, much like its peers Tata and Maruti Suzuki. The hatchback, planned for a release later this year, will also be less than four meters in overall length to avail the small car cost advantages from the government. This car is thoroughly designed and developed for Indian conditions and might be exported to nations like Brazil in the future.

Michael Boneham, MD and president of Ford India-
It will the first offering from Ford in the mass-market segment and we are making efforts to keep it cost-competitive while making it a great value proposition
Old 21st July 2009, 21:25   #57
Senior - BHPian

It will most probably surface in Chennai during testing.
Old 21st July 2009, 21:30   #58
Senior - BHPian

wildon, the Fusion was Ford's first (premium) hatchback in India : what you are referring to would be the first small-car hatchback in India for Ford.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 21st July 2009 at 21:31.
Old 21st July 2009, 21:33   #59
BHPian

I think there already a thread is running on this new Ford Hatch any way good scoop.

Last edited by arin_12 : 21st July 2009 at 21:34.
Old 21st July 2009, 21:33   #60
BHPian

The front looks good, but the sides dont have that appeal. Is this a concept?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks