Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 21:40   #61
BHPian

It looks like Ford Fiesta Hatch
Attached Thumbnails
SPOTTED - Testing 25.06.09! The New Ford Fiesta?-ford_fiesta_five_door_hatchback_1.jpg  

Old 21st July 2009, 22:09   #62
Senior - BHPian

Looks on the lines of Ford Mondeo.The hatch race is surely hotting up in India.
Jazz..Punto..now ford.Keep hatching !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21st July 2009, 22:24   #63
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Seems to be a lot of flair in terms of the design of the car. Looks quite a stunner to me.

@ nitrous: Do keep a camera handy and click a few pics as soon as you spot one
Old 21st July 2009, 22:30   #64
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rd-fiesta.html

this thread has speculations that this would be the hatch that ford would launch for india. from the lines in the first pic and in the above thread, seems like it is the same car
Old 21st July 2009, 22:32   #65
BHPian

Going by Ford's history - this should be a sweet handling hatch if not 'hot'
Old 21st July 2009, 22:37   #66
BHPian

There's another thread originally started by Ben and John with pics of the last gen Fiesta in Chennai and another member @jpm has added some spy pics of the cars under test.

I have personally seen this car on the road and compared to the Civic the car was taller , the front looked like a combination of i10/i20 and the Ford badge from the Ikon.

The cars I saw had interiors, mirrors, doors etc similar to our Fiesta. They initially ran a dummy boot but on the cars I saw the tail lamps were functional and no tail lights on the C-pillar. The overall profile is more or less like the pic from Autobild.

For people in Chennai, the cars seem to travel in a convoy of 3 - 2 hatches and 1 covered Endy . They go as far as the second toll booth on the Chennai-Tindivanam highway (is that Paranur or Athur, I forgot).

I will take this road in the next few weeks again and hopefully will get some pics.
Old 21st July 2009, 22:54   #67
BHPian

This is here in discussion for quite sometime.. we are still looking at the spy pics :( ...

Come on Ford - Get us the Hatch ASAP.. It will be fun to watch the diesel hatch models compete with each other..
Old 21st July 2009, 23:42   #68
BHPian

Looks rocking.

But when will it come?
Old 22nd July 2009, 00:00   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Looks rocking.

But when will it come?
Scheduled to arrive in Feb 2010
Old 22nd July 2009, 04:15   #70
BHPian

oh my god are they bringing in the fiesta hatchback. that's awesome.

ya know this hatch will beat every darn hatchback in all the fields. jeremy clarkson tested this. it raced with a corvette in a shopping mall. on top gear.
i just love this car. plzzzz ford bring it here.

what engine can they put into this one for India. they must be developing something special for this one.

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd July 2009 at 15:04. Reason: only 2 smilies per post please. thanks
Old 22nd July 2009, 07:56   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post

ya know this hatch will beat every darn hatchback in all the fields. jeremy clarkson tested this. it raced with a corvette in a shopping mall. on top gear.

what engine can they put into this one for India. they must be developing something special for this one.
mate, water down your excitement. What we'll get will be a 1.2 ltr engine and besting it with a 1.4 diesel. thats all. JC tested the RS version or was it the ST? whatever. we ain't getting that.
Old 22nd July 2009, 08:04   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post

From the pics it does not look like Ford is getting the latest Fiesta hatch (pic 1) to India. It looks more like a mix of the old gen Focus (pic 2) with a few styling tips from the Fiesta.
Attached Thumbnails
SPOTTED - Testing 25.06.09! The New Ford Fiesta?-fordfiestaconcept4.jpg  

SPOTTED - Testing 25.06.09! The New Ford Fiesta?-fordfiestamk6.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2009, 08:13   #73
BANNED

Here is another Pic (International Version)

Its seems like this would be car they are launching in India
Ford Ka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The new Ka comes with a choice of two engines, a 1.2 litre petrol with 69 PS (51 kW) of power and 102 N·m (75 ft·lbf) of torque and a 1.3 litre TDCi diesel engine with 75 PS (55 kW; 74 hp) of power and 145 N·m (107 lb·ft) of torque. Both engines come with sub-120 g/km CO2 emissions (119 for the petrol and 112 for the diesel). Furthermore, a 1.4 litre petrol engine with 100 PS (74 kW) of power and 131 N·m (97 ft·lbf) of torque will be added to the lineup in the future. All three designs are loaned from Fiat.

New Ka has better shock absorption than the Fiat 500 as fitting a rear anti-roll bar enabled Ford's engineers to soften the springs by 30 percent and retune the dampers accordingly. Changes were made to the steering geometry, although it lacks the communication of its predecessor. New Ka is fitted with standard Electric Power-Assisted Steering, which makes it much lighter and more energy efficient in comparison to its predecessor where hydraulic assist system was used.[14]

As for safety, the new KA has an overall ENCAP rating of 4 stars,[15] with standard driver and passenger single stage front airbags, ABS, immobiliser, hazard warning lights and remote central locking (except Studio version in UK). In addition, there are front side airbags and curtain airbags and ESP (Electronic Stability Program) with HBA (Hyraulic Brake Assist) and HLA (Hill Launch Assist) that come at an extra cost.
Attached Thumbnails
SPOTTED - Testing 25.06.09! The New Ford Fiesta?-ka_action_br_05.jpg  

SPOTTED - Testing 25.06.09! The New Ford Fiesta?-ford_ka_2009_front.jpg  

SPOTTED - Testing 25.06.09! The New Ford Fiesta?-800pxford_ka_2008_003.jpg  

Last edited by wildon : 22nd July 2009 at 08:30.
Old 22nd July 2009, 09:25   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Is Ford sharing Peugeot's designers? The hatch in the above post looks like a Peugeot design!
Old 22nd July 2009, 09:31   #75
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Ford Ka is a ladies favourite in Europe. If this is launched in India, it will be an awesome city car given its handling prowess.

Either way, its good to see manufacturers considering widening their portfolio of products. VW, Ford - way to go!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks