Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2009, 21:19   #16
BHPian

To me, this looks like the outgoing generation of Fiesta hatchback, which is being phased out in Europe currently.

I make this judgment by looking at the door handle (same as our current Fiesta sedan and the outgoing Fiesta hatch), the front door mirror (looks nothing like the new Fiesta ... looks same as our Fiesta sedan), and the absence of a front quarter window (which the new generation Fiesta has).

The boot is just disguise ... probably made of thermocol under the camouflage. Proof that it's a hatch are the tail lamps in the C pillar.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 28th June 2009, 21:58   #17
BANNED

hmm....as most of you say that its a hatch, Then I guess, It might be THIS car from ford, but I'm still in confusion whether its a hatch or a chopped fiesta

VT
Old 28th June 2009, 22:15   #18
A.R
BHPian

Ford it is - very evident from the OVRMs & the dashboard/dials.
Fiesta Hatch - well isnt this a sedan?
Old 28th June 2009, 23:14   #19
BHPian

May be we are getting the new fista named as verve same as the chinese fiesta sedan
Old 29th June 2009, 10:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

Had seen this car around a month back on NH8, by the time I could take out my camera it went off the highway into a lane and disappeared.

However had seen its pics on another website.

Here they are.

Source: Scooped - Spy Pictures of New Sedan from Ford – Any Guesses? | CarTradeIndia.com
Attached Thumbnails
SPOTTED - Testing 25.06.09! The New Ford Fiesta?-1.jpg  

SPOTTED - Testing 25.06.09! The New Ford Fiesta?-2.jpg  

SPOTTED - Testing 25.06.09! The New Ford Fiesta?-3.jpg  

Old 29th June 2009, 10:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

From a comparison of the spyshots and pictures of the new Fiesta launched in China, the dashboard, door handles & rear view mirrors are totally different. I don't think this is the new Fiesta/Verve.
Test Driven: Ford Fiesta Sedan Review | China Car Times

Maybe they're testing the hatchback version of the existing Fiesta in India, dressed up to look like a sedan.

That said the new Fiesta/Verve would make great competition for the Honda City. The Fiesta hatchback already launched in Europe is a much better car than the Jazz. It will be great to watch their sedan versions battle it out in India.

The Verve easily has the better interiors, looks (which are subjective of course). When it comes to power trains Ford are no slouches either and can always play the Diesel trump card.
Old 29th June 2009, 13:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
The boot is just disguise ... probably made of thermocol under the camouflage. Proof that it's a hatch are the tail lamps in the C pillar.
+1 to that.
Tail lamps on the C pillar is a clear pointer to this been a hatch-back and with the bits that others have pointed to it seems its based on the current Indian Fiesta sedan. Also, I think the base of the rear window slants upwards going from the B pillar towards the C pillar.

But I am disappointed. For too long, I was hoping Ford to get their European beauties down to India. But I dont see that happening too soon.
The Ikon has been here for so long. The current Fiesta's conservative take has left it showing its age too soon. And now we have a hatchback based on the same car.
Old 29th June 2009, 16:59   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VT* View Post
hmm....as most of you say that its a hatch, Then I guess, It might be THIS car from ford, but I'm still in confusion whether its a hatch or a chopped fiesta

VT

Am I the only one to feel some similarity? Just a thought. BTW, moderators, not sure if this amounts to copyright violation, if so please delete this post.
Attached Thumbnails
SPOTTED - Testing 25.06.09! The New Ford Fiesta?-comparo.jpg  

Old 29th June 2009, 17:02   #24
MAS
Senior - BHPian

+2 - The boot is a disguise.

If one would note the second picture posted by jpm, the rear left mudguard looks like the one which would be in a hatch. The "boot" is completely misaligned. It is definitely the fiesta hatch.

I hope Ford upgrades their dealer service network as they are already full with cars. Service space is limited and the quality of service is still pathetic. With the new car coming, i am sure there would be even more strain on the workshop which would result in adding oil to the to the already frustrated owners.
Old 29th June 2009, 17:27   #25
BANNED

The Fusion returns
Old 29th June 2009, 17:31   #26
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the pictures posted by Tanwaramit, the proportions of the vehicle look exactly like a Fusion. As i own a Fusion, the pictures are strikingly similar.
Old 29th June 2009, 21:42   #27
BHPian

Why Ford continues to sell dated junk in this market I don't understand. They should create some excitement by at getting in some modern cars which they already have in their portfolio, instead of giving facelifts to last generation vehicles.

Here's an example, something which passes as the 2010 Ford Fusion in another market.

2010 Ford Fusion | Official Site of the Ford Fusion | FordVehicles.com
Old 29th June 2009, 22:03   #28
BHPian

Guys,
I saw this vehicle in very close quarters and followed it for some time too.

There is no boot - It looks like a cardboard box stuck to the hatch's back. It might be the small car, but it looks quite big. Interiors have Ford written all over them. Pretty nice to have a boot as a decoy

Hope it is a good car!
Old 29th June 2009, 22:37   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
Why Ford continues to sell dated junk in this market I don't understand. They should create some excitement by at getting in some modern cars which they already have in their portfolio, instead of giving facelifts to last generation vehicles.

Here's an example, something which passes as the 2010 Ford Fusion in another market.

2010 Ford Fusion | Official Site of the Ford Fusion | FordVehicles.com
Fusion is the most practical vehicle around. Just that Ford couldn't the positioning right in India. Ford would do well to spruce up its interiors add gizmos like cruise control, traction control add a 1.6 Diesel and position it as the performance diesel, mini SUV that it can be at a 75K premium to the current offering. Forget the Jazz's magic seats, you have so much space inside the fusion seats flattened out you can move a house in two/three trips and that with a length that still is within the small car definition. but they need to ring down the spares cost on fusion if they are looking for some numbers and bring in some entirely new features not currently seen under 8 Lakhs.
Old 30th June 2009, 03:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

+1 to that Marlinspike, the Fusion was always a great package, but never fell into any particular segment. It offered good space and practicality. I think if Ford can redo the exteriors and price it sensibly it can definitely give the other so called premium hatchbacks a run for their money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks