Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 10:30   #76
Senior - BHPian

The alloys are really good,seems like BMW alloys.
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:03   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Is Ford sharing Peugeot's designers? The hatch in the above post looks like a Peugeot design!
If they can use the engine, why not design as long as they use it well.. The premium hatch war is going to heat up even further in 2010 with Polo and the Verve.
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:08   #78
Team-BHP Support

I personally doubt it will be the Ka coming in. I would place my bets on the Fiesta hatch, but the previous generation version. The Ka looks too tiny to be a hatch for the Indian market, where a hatch is a primary car to a majority of customers.
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:41   #79
Senior - BHPian

My bro called up last day. Said he sighted a heavily camouflaged car the size of Vista with MAYBE a boot. Sad he didnt have a camera at the time. @ Salem,TN.

Last edited by jkdas : 22nd July 2009 at 11:46.
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:33   #80
BHPian

Any more news on the Ford's new launch, it makes sense for me to wait for 2 - 3 months if Ford is launching some uplift and upgrade for sure.
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:55   #81
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
My bro called up last day. Said he sighted a heavily camouflaged car the size of Vista with MAYBE a boot. Sad he didnt have a camera at the time. @ Salem,TN.
JK,

I saw a few of these on the ring road in BLR as well. One of the black covers on the car had FORD FORD as in a very faint white strip running across it near the bottom of the tailgate which was the only way one could identify the manufacturer.

Shape was well camouflaged, so could not make out the exact lines of the body. Could not capture a pic of it.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:55   #82
BHPian

sorry for getting that excited .

so if its not the fiesta hatch. then it must be the ford ka but a 5 door version. KA is cute i saw this one in the quantum of solace where Olga the bond girl drives around town in this cute lil car.
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:44   #83
oss
BHPian

Fiesta hatchback is coming only in Feb'10. No idea if the current Fiesta sedan will get 1.6l TCDi engine anytime now
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:55   #84
BHPian

I think this has already been discussed, either in this forum or elsewhere. The new Ford small car for India is being designed in Australia. It is a new design (read cost-cut), based on the previous generation Fiesta, but with styling cues from the new Fiesta.

This information is from memory - I did a quick search but I couldn't find a link - but it does make sense in the light of the picture shown here. The body shell shown in picture looks just like the old Fiesta but the front bumper and lights look like the new one.
Old 22nd July 2009, 23:02   #85
Senior - BHPian

The Ka is actually a very old car..a five door version of the Ka priced in the i10 territory would do wonders for Ford India.
Old 22nd July 2009, 23:08   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

The Ford Prefect and Anglia of the 1940's were also hatches from Ford, I believe.
Old 22nd July 2009, 23:11   #87
Senior - BHPian

Ka, as far as I remember, does not have a 5 door version. It is based on Fiat 500's platform. In fact, Ka gets built at the same factory that 500 gets built, somewhere in Poland. If I remember correctly, the 1.3 diesel engine is also the same as our national engine.
Old 23rd July 2009, 00:36   #88

I may be new to Team-Bhp but guys my friend who was supposed to be intrested in to buy a Fiesta was told to wait for some 10 days (3 days back),since Fiesta is supposed to be comming out with a variant with ABS and alloy Wheels which was his requirement.the sales guy was gung-ho about the alloys saying that it was a 10 spoke alloy ,drop dead looks (which i dont belive to be) but never the less i advised whats bad in 4 days more delay since he is supposed to fly out for 2 weeks and come back and then decide/finalise which model . Any body has any news about this ,we got this news from Planet Ford Pune.

By the way OT i still havent posted my Introduce yourself post , which i would be doing in couple of days , guys from Pune , please note that there is one more of your member of your clan who would be connecting with you shortly .
Old 23rd July 2009, 11:12   #89
GTO
Team-BHP Support

For a brand that's been in the Indian market for a decade, Ford's performance is lacklustre at best. They simply haven't released any car that would give them sustainable volumes. Compare that to the other American (Chevy) who are enjoying the market's response to the Spark & Tavera. Ford's Ikon - though well priced - has failed to achieve the volumes we'd expect from a 6 lakh rupee well priced diesel sedan. And the small Fiesta is starting to lose favour as well.

Ford needs a hatch if it wishes to become a serious player in India. And they better get the positioning & price right this time.
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:23   #90
Senior - BHPian

I agree, Fords present line up is sorely missing the desirability factor, something that used to be their trump card during the Ikon 'Josh' heydays.
But they have lots of promising possibilities they could launch.
First of all is the new Fiesta saloon that's been launched in China, this car can easily give the City a run for its money, whether its in respect of looks, handling, interior quality and of course the diesel advantage. I still think if priced right the present Fusion will make an excellent hatchback, a decent make over, more sensible pricing and a new name will be good. If the new Fiesta is launched, the existing one could be stripped to a more basic package and could be branded the new Ikon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks