Team-BHP - Scoop: Hyundai i20 CRDI EDIT: Now Launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop: Hyundai i20 CRDI EDIT: Now Launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/60930-scoop-hyundai-i20-crdi-edit-now-launched.html)

Today while driving i spotted a I20 crdi with temporary registration plates near my house at pallavaram. I clicked these pictures with my mobile camera. Seems they are testing it in chennai. This shows the i20 crdi launch is nearing.Now it is for others to speculate......as i dont have any other info of what is under the hood

Scoop: Hyundai i20 CRDI  EDIT: Now Launched-29062009486.jpg

Scoop: Hyundai i20 CRDI  EDIT: Now Launched-29062009487.jpg

Scoop: Hyundai i20 CRDI  EDIT: Now Launched-29062009488.jpg

Cheers

Good catch. Wonder why Hyundai don't strip off the CRDi badge. No one would ever guess then. Was it fast? Could you hear the diesel noise?

Yes it was fast. Couldnt even hear the whisper of diesel.

i dont think they are "testing" it. it is already being sold in other markets world-wide.
it seems like the vehicle is being taken to a dealer shop, for displaying or test-drive purposes.
someone has mentioned that test drives would start by this weekend.

Hey geeash!
Great spotting, Seems like the i20 diesel is really coming soon.

BTW, I think mods should merge this thread with the i20 diesel one. :)

VT

Good catch Geeash : Looks like Asta CRDi doesnt have ABS. So would this variant be equivalent to the Magna trim on the petrol? Also were you able to get a glimpse of the interiors? Any visible differences?

good catch, July is nearing and so is the launch. Any idea on dates ?

thats a good catch , i just hope that they dont screw the pricing , my cousin just brought the Getz CRDI for Rs 5.4 Lakhs on road in TVM :-), he is taking delivery tomorrow.

will this CRDi i20 can bring down the prices of the petrol i20? I am planning to book i20 petrol this week and if I get any discounts in this by waiting for another week, then I would wait for that.

Whopee!! Its great that the car comes in the asta version too. I'm glad they didn't follow the earlier trend to introduce the diesel engine in stripped out variants only. Hope they price it sensibly this time around though!

Thanks for the pix geeash! :)

clap: WOW!! This is good news. The i20 Diesel (i20 -D) is coming. Any idea on the launch dates. I presume it will be launched in July. The arrival of the i20-D will sure raise a lot of questions. Some of them like:

1. What happens to the Getz now?
2. Where will the i20-D stand as against its contemporaries in this segment?
3. How cleverly or otherwise will it be priced?

All in all this looks good. The 3rd Diesel hatchback in this year already. :D

PS - I visited a Hyundai dealership a couple of weeks back. On inquiry of the i20-D, i was told that it "may" be launched at the end of the year. Yeah right!

i20 CRDi Asta without ABS, may be this will be available for the Petrol Asta price.

I saw one on the Bangalore-Chennai GQ route, but didnt take any pics. The guy was driving it sedately at 100kph when I managed to overtake him at 120. I believe that was an Asta as well.

This is indeed great news, hope they an automatic transmission option too. Nothing like a small diesel car like say a Santro/i10 with an automatic, great for city driving and easy to park plus easy on the fuel bills too.

a dealer told me that they are planning to launch an automatic petrol version also.