Team-BHP - HINDUJA's + Fiat ???
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   HINDUJA's + Fiat ??? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6094-hindujas-fiat.html)

GUys, just opened todays Times of India and there is news about the Hinduja group trying to strike a deal with Fiat to buy it out . I wonder what that means for fiat India ?? I wonder if this will affect the image of the company ?? Or I guess v'[ll just have to sit back and watch wat happens ...

cheers

yea..i also read that...i hope it works out this time for fiat...

i dont think if it will spoil the image of the company...and i sincerly hope that the company gets a new lease of life....but why change in the top order if a sell out was round the corner? :confused:

Thats the confusing part ... It cant b that they suddenly decided to sell out !! And if they had been planning to sell out I'm sure the talks must have been on for quiet some time so why the change at the drivers seat .... CONFUSED !

cheers

Hinduja Group already had some stake in Fiat Spa, and now want to take on fiat India to start its passenger Car operation in India.

So how about Petra and Palio selling with Ashok Leyland Tag :))

I dont think that the Leyland tag will be used. I think it will be Fiat as the brand name. What the Hinduja's will push for however, and this is my guess, is for greater control in day to day running and strategic decision making in the Indian market. That could be the reason of the flight from top positions.

My guess is that rather than an outright sale, Fiat will maintain some stake in the passenger car operations. How much is anybody's guess.

If the deal comes through, it will be interesting to note how the Hinduja's will take to the idea of the supply of the JTD engines to Maruti. Interesting times ahead.

I really wonder what would be Fiat's fate with Hinduja's because if I am not wrong then HM also belongs to the Hindujas & we have seen what they are doing with the Mitsubishis viz the Lancer & the Pajero :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat
I really wonder what would be Fiat's fate with Hinduja's because if I am not wrong then HM also belongs to the Hindujas & we have seen what they are doing with the Mitsubishis viz the Lancer & the Pajero :(

Interesting posit. But do remember that Fiat has a broader spectrum of products vis-a-vis Mitsubishi. Also do note that both the Lancer and the Pajero are targetted at an extremely niche segment where there are products that are better than them. Also in case of the Mitsubishi lineup I think it is more of a case of dumping. Fiat on the other hand has developed its products primarily for developing markets.

Can anyone provide me the link to this news? Well, if this is true, we need to wait and watch how fiat does in india under the hindujas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat
... if I am not wrong then HM also belongs to the Hindujas

I think you're wrong, because HM has belonged to the CK Birla group.

Hmm now that you have mentioned even I think am wrong, but then its a good news :)

Companies when in a crunch, sell their assets and lease them back. My guess is that Fiat wants to do a variation of this. Sell the factories and licnece the production to cut overheads

Another FIat thread LOL..

LOL if hinduja buys it then i just hope fiat wont become worst..

If HM belongs to hinduja then we have fiat going into history for having a same palio model for 50yrs.. i mean like tha AMBY

P.S Fiat - Faltu Idiotic Aim of Talking..

Hindujas and Fiat were in news for sometime that the Hindujas want to handle the sales, service and some other operations of Fiat.

Will Hindujas be able to take the compitetion to Telco's door step the same way they did with Ashok Leyland?

I think it makes sense that Fiat provide the technology, take a royalty and leave production, sales and marketing to someone who knows and understands India.............all the Italian CEOs have so far fallen flat on their face one by one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montoya
Another FIat thread LOL..

P.S Fiat - Faltu Idiotic Aim of Talking..

stop making fun of a firm just coz it is not doing good...u might hurt sentiments of other fellow t-bhpians.....

you never know...even GM was not doing good in india untill they launched tavera and optra... this move might play a turn around for fiat india...

and HM is not with HINDUJA's....read this link a little carefully...
www.peoplesmarch.com/publications/ globalisation/chapter4.htm

P.S: i am not another fiat owner..but i know what fiat cars are..and what that firm is capable of..( if all that old staff in FIAT spa is changed with young blood....things can work out soon..)