Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2009, 22:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
any idea if they are as powerful as Advertising Standards Agency as in the UK or ASCI here is just an eyewash and succumb to corruption ( bribery )
Mostly, ASCI will stop these Ads from being aired/printed again! But, this has already been on print and nothing much can be done as of now!
Old 1st July 2009, 22:48   #47
BHPian

Never understood Honda's strategy with Jazz or their ads. They seem to be screaming from roof-tops that their car has safety features as if they were the first ones to put it on hatchbacks. And to prove their point they add words like carefree, etc. to their ads.

"Why so serious?" seems the perfect punchline for the Jazz.

Last edited by CBlazer : 1st July 2009 at 22:55.
Old 1st July 2009, 22:53   #48
BHPian

From day 1 i did not like this car as the punchline is copied from some movie dialogue.
"Why SO Serious", seriously this car does not look so kool from any angle to me.
Old 1st July 2009, 23:08   #49
BANNED

Well if i remember correctly Honda has rarely given full page ads and that also every alternate day and long tv adverts. However with Jazz this has changed so i believe the car is definitely not being picked up by customers and Honda is trying everything to sell this overpriced under equipped hatch.
Old 2nd July 2009, 00:35   #50
Senior - BHPian

Took them at their word and did not take them seriously!

I saw the tagline and and refused to take either the ad or the product it sold seriously! I dug out the newspapers and read the whole thing after seeing this thread.

I agree with Thadiginathom, this ad goes beyond bad copy, it goes beyond bad taste. It is downright irresponsible and dangerous. Dangerous not only to other road users but to the occupants of the Jazz. No amount of safety features like ABS and airbags will not save the occupants if they speed into an oncoming Volvo bus or go off a cliff taking a corner too fast. As Thad has said - it is wrong on all counts.

Whether the ad is from Honda or anyone else is not material or relevant. The issuer would do well to issue an apology and insert ads promoting road safety and responsible driving.

Cheers,
Old 2nd July 2009, 00:36   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Well if i remember correctly Honda has rarely given full page ads and that also every alternate day and long tv adverts. However with Jazz this has changed so i believe the car is definitely not being picked up by customers and Honda is trying everything to sell this overpriced under equipped hatch.
Yeah their advertising strategy is clearly betraying this.
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:35   #52
BHPian

It all started with that old Santro TV ad where they showed a very famous Bollywood actor doing zig-zag.

How IDIOTIC!
Old 7th September 2009, 15:07   #53

This ad on paper and on Tv completely baffled me. First I could not understand the TV ad at all.. (I don't think I still do) and then comes along this weak paper ad. I totally agree with the irresponsible statements in this ad.

I just think they put this campign together in a hurry and the marketing fella must've been just out of college and joined the advertising agency that put this together.

Honda should probably put out an apology or a contra campaign to regain lost goodwill.
Old 14th September 2009, 11:20   #54
BHPian

The Jazz ads fail at every level.
(1) Plagiarizing such a popular phrase is not cool. Nolan should sue these idiots.
(2) To begin with what safety are they talking of? This ridiculously overpriced car doesn't even come with tubeless tyres.
(3) Drive freely and speed? With what? A 1.2cc engine?
(4) And finally, the absolutely deplorable act of asking people prospective consumers to drive carefree.
Old 14th September 2009, 12:28   #55
BHPian

The word carefree is a very strong word to use. It simply says don't care for traffic rules, speed limits, pedestrians and the passengers sitting in your car.

Even a Merc with multiple airbags and various other safety gadgets cant make the above claim. People have still lost lives and claimed lives in these super safe cars.

There are other adds as well which needs to be looked at for sure.

OT: Though I don't like Tata cars, I just love the way they market them. May be the same company is doing it for Fiat!
Old 14th September 2009, 12:48   #56
Senior - BHPian

Forget about Honda, what about auto mags and other raving speed maniacs. Auto mags note that they went at 180 or redlined the rpm metre . What is that.
Old 14th September 2009, 13:01   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Forget about Honda, what about auto mags and other raving speed maniacs. Auto mags note that they went at 180 or redlined the rpm metre . What is that.
I don't think they do that on public roads.
Old 14th September 2009, 15:18   #58
BHPian

Honda Ads

I disliked the Jazz ad to the point of instantly being put-off the car itself. What the heck was it about anyway? Tell me about features, inspire me about the looks or create some kind of impact visual or emotional. The ad did none of that.

OTOH not sure I would object to using the word carefree so much, we Indians need to chill out a lot - reckless people will drive stupidly no matter what. Similarly careful people will not suddenly start drag-racing based on an ad.
No sense in getting all hot and bothered - there are too many other incidents deserving your outrage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks