Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 09:46   #46
BHPian

In the eyes of the affected party (1.7D Uno owner), FIAT did indeed run away with 5 lakhs worth of his/her money... BTW, FIAT in India lost money due to its own mis-management and dont blame the poor customer...

But but, it used to be lousy Italian managed until recently. FIAT has learnt its lesson and now have an Indian head, so pls pls give this new guy a break in turn to get us Indians VFM quality products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
This post is in very poor taste.

FIAT India paid for their mis management by loosing over 1000 crores in their Indian operations. So they have not run to Italy with your money.
Now if they are honestly trying to revive the company, there is nothing wrong in it. If you dont like their product or policies, dont buy their cars.

There are many other companies who are pricing their products at a very high premium and earning huge profits. Why dont you target them
Old 6th July 2009, 14:33   #47

1.Earlier also when they came to India with Uno and Palio, Sure Some one would have Interviewd their CEO and He too Might have promised the same way, not him but every companys CEO would say so..
and we belived them

2. Why didnt the Interviewer this time asked the CEO "what are you going to do with those CARs you dumped in India earlier", (are they going to ask their old customers to remove the FIAT badge, to boost their reputation!)

3.poor Rajeev Kappoor is running here and there ("why should the CEO keep running around showrooms in India? ") sure he will run! , then later if he gets a good offer from any other company he will jump as thier new CEO and will cooly work for the new company... I Belive Team BHP Interviewed CEO of the FIAT and not Rajeev Kapoor

4. "There are many other companies who are pricing their products at a very high premium and earning huge profits. Why dont you target them" Not all companies can be targeted by a customer who own a Prestigeous FIAT UNO 1.7D

5. CEO assure only spare parts for their new products only!

6. If Hundayi say we are sorry its not our responsibility to supply spare parts for our olds santros and accents, you forget the old ones you buy our new colorful I10and 120s, we will sure "try to " supply spare parts......
Old 8th July 2009, 20:56   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpkmahe View Post
1.Earlier also when they came to India with Uno and Palio, Sure Some one would have Interviewd their CEO and He too Might have promised the same way, not him but every companys CEO would say so..
and we belived them
:-|

Quote:
2. Why didnt the Interviewer this time asked the CEO "what are you going to do with those CARs you dumped in India earlier", (are they going to ask their old customers to remove the FIAT badge, to boost their reputation!)
I went with my friend who wanted to buy the Punto - And I have not bought any Fiat cars earlier. And, I have no personal gain in publishing the interview - I dont work in / with Fiat or any agency that is even remotely involved with Fiat.

My views do not represent the collective view of the forum - I am just sharing what I spoke with RK. That's all about it! - I can see what a Uno 1.7D can do to a guy
Old 8th July 2009, 22:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I am just sharing what I spoke with RK. That's all about it!
As a matter of fact you guys did a commendable job of not only posing the questions we all have but the very fact that you could get yourself to approach the CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
- I can see what a Uno 1.7D can do to a guy
This is not a matter of joke for many. Uno was launched in an era when car buying wasn't as mundane an activity it has become today. People used to plan for days, if not weeks. A lot more (percentage wise) was at stake.

Fiat and Peugeot both messed up big time. Their cars were regarded very highly in comparison to the competition inspite of having generation gaps. Some could only get rid of those cars after paying to the kabadiwalahs.

But then fortunately for Fiat, this time, the car buying population has increased manyfold and opportunity presents itself to create a positive image amongst the new crop of owners.
Old 9th July 2009, 10:09   #50
BHPian

Good points discussed in this thread so far! Really gives an insight on what the CEO feels about the product and the future of the company.
Still i think one question would have completed the otherwise great conversation.
Is Fiat planning to stop the production of The Palio (mjd, 1.1 and/or 1.6) If the answer is "yes", it would i think bring out the same emotions few years down the line like what we have already read in this thread.
I agree that Palio is an old product and might be at the fag end of its Product life cycle. But I would rather like to think that with Palio, Fiat would have a complete profile of cars in their stable and should look at strengthning their port-folio of cars.
I have personally driven the new Palio MJD for a extended period of time and feel the car still has all that one would like to have in a good affordable hatch (apart from the dated dash ofcourse!)
I personally would love to see a Palio MJD being offered with a refurbished dash, abs,ebd and airbags too. This would not only make the car more safer/desirable but also would help invoke trust in the minds of die-hard fiat fans/ customers.
Cheers!
Old 9th July 2009, 10:16   #51
Senior - BHPian

What I feel is, if FIAT improves the interiors, Palio can still manage good numbers. People are fed up of around 8 years old outdated interiors. Vista in the same showroom has good interiors (at least looks) than Palio. After all car is not all about exteriors and engines for some people.
Old 9th July 2009, 10:50   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
What I feel is, if FIAT improves the interiors, Palio can still manage good numbers. People are fed up of around 8 years old outdated interiors. Vista in the same showroom has good interiors (at least looks) than Palio. After all car is not all about exteriors and engines for some people.
i do agree.. people are looking for a change. the interiors in palio are a decade old except for the color. IMO the palio's black color dashboard is better than the stile's. i think interiors are the oldest designs available now in market along with Ford Ikon TDCi. Change the interiors and palio can still manage to stay.
Old 9th July 2009, 10:56   #53
Senior - BHPian

@gpkmahe. Be thankful that you have a Fiat Uno 1.7D and not a Skoda .
Old 9th July 2009, 11:13   #54
Senior - BHPian

I can feel the pain of the Uno 1.7D owner, though fortunately I never bought any product like this with one exception.

Imagine the faith a user must have put and the money in buying the product of the company. Now the company is at a very critical juncture, they have to move UP ONLY if they do the same story once more like earlier models, then they are definitely doomed in India.

I feel sorry for the owners of these cars, who having paid large sums of money for their cars have to sell them to kabadiwallahs for lack of A.S.S or decent priced parts.

I have suffered the same for one product installed in my car, Poor A.S.S and non availability of product. I removed it, thankfully it had costed me 25k which I can write off as a loss.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 9th July 2009 at 11:15.
Old 9th July 2009, 11:18   #55
BHPian

Promising and overwhelming!!! Too Good!!!
Old 10th July 2009, 13:58   #56
BHPian

SRK..........? better check it up with Rajnikant

SRK..........? better check it up with Rajnikant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Nice Report. Good to know about Fiat.

But, if we give more power, they say mileage is low! We can't change the laws of Physics. Check With SRK
Old 10th July 2009, 15:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
@gpkmahe. Be thankful that you have a Fiat Uno 1.7D and not a Skoda .
Or a Matiz? An Opel Vectra? A Peugeot? A Rover Montego?

But I do understand the pain. The biggest mistake Fiat made was, imho, the tie-up with PAL not that Fiat was a world class company either.
Old 12th July 2009, 17:13   #58

Its seems most of our friends here speaks the business way! and I belive most have missed the points in me debating.

No matter it car is Uno, Opel, Matiz..

FIAT Uno is still in production in Brazile and SA and is selling as Hot cake there..

1. If CEO is that much enthusiastic he could have brought the Spare parts from there.. or he should ask "FIAT to make spares again, People of Inida would not let me live peacfully" Should we?

2. Here is a Question for my friends who speeks the business way, Imagine that ur "SKODA" or what ever u have , the company suddenly says we are stopping the production of this car and cooly moves to their parent country. (NO spare parts not support , and U all carrying those "jwells" here and there in search of spare parts and finally you scrape it!!!)

Then after a short gaps the same company returns with a old wine in fresh bottle and puts lots of "promises" advts: reviews, Interviews etc.. with out SPEAKING a WORD about the PAST happenings!!

WILL all the Friends HERE greet the Company (CEO) with garlands! !?

2. Matiz and Opels issuse is something different they lost the company itselfs

3. Nice to here that FIat is Stopping Palio also...

4. Withdrawing a product from market is normal not a big issue ! BUT the company should be responsible for after sales support and for the supply of spares.

5. Can any of the UNO or OLD PALIO user get their cars serviced from TATA FIAT. ?

6. WHY did such a big reputed company joined with TATA ?

I welcome firends to visit the thread "The Fiat Grande Punto - will history repeat itself yet again? " on the Team BHP started by someone

"INDIA IS A COUNTRY REPEATEDLY INVADED & LOOTED BY MANY FORIEGN RULERS! "
Old 12th July 2009, 19:39   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Its seems most of our friends here speaks the business way! and I belive most have missed the points in me debating.

No matter it car is Uno, Opel, Matiz..

FIAT Uno is still in production in Brazile and SA and is selling as Hot cake there..

1. If CEO is that much enthusiastic he could have brought the Spare parts from there.. or he should ask "FIAT to make spares again, People of Inida would not let me live peacfully" Should we?

WILL all the Friends HERE greet the Company (CEO) with garlands! !?

3. Nice to here that FIat is Stopping Palio also...

4. Withdrawing a product from market is normal not a big issue ! BUT the company should be responsible for after sales support and for the supply of spares.

5. Can any of the UNO or OLD PALIO user get their cars serviced from TATA FIAT. ?

I welcome firends to visit the thread "The Fiat Grande Punto - will history repeat itself yet again? " on the Team BHP started by someone

"INDIA IS A COUNTRY REPEATEDLY INVADED & LOOTED BY MANY FORIEGN RULERS! "
+1 to the point made
After sales service should always remain the owner company's responsibility.Period.
But! Lets not pray them (FIAT) to fail again.If they fail no spares & service for sure.
IMHO we should, with the help of this forum, make them realise their responsibility more seriously only if they succeed. FIAT has grat products if pull up their A.S & S we have one more throbbing auto company. More the marrier.
cheers
Old 12th July 2009, 22:49   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes I do. And I have a 1.2 Petrol Uno which is the rarest of the breed of the Unos sold here in the country and doesn't share any part almost with the Palio even though its the same engine block. I have been able to get spare parts for my Uno from Chennai. Hyderabad and Delhi (all the places that I have been positioned over years). Now you with a Uno Diesel should be in a much better position as there are much more number of cars present in the market and hence greater availability of Spare Parts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks