Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2005, 12:06   #16
BHPian

Hyundai sucks!! :thumbs down They have been doing this kind of bad mouthing right from the beginning. It just shows how far they can go to push their comparitively inferior cars.

I hope Suzuki goes all out and slaps them with a big compensation package....They ought to be taught a lesson coz they are pushing it now! You cannot compare a Santro and a Swift anyday.....They are poles apart!

This is one of the reasons why I have never looked at a Hyundai car as an option to buy nor ever will in the future!!
Old 17th June 2005, 12:21   #17
BHPian

Getz is a good car, with its high price as a negetive point, unfortunately it is a product of Hyundai, that is another reason to ignore a good car.

Hyundai boss BVR Subbu giving a statement like "Swift falls into Xing category" is unfortunate. When the boss himself can go to such a "level", then think about the employees and sales and marketing people.

I guess Hyundai is the only company in India which is ripping down its own reputation.
Old 17th June 2005, 12:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thank god MUL took this step.

Btw such adverts by Hyundai proves one thing that they are feeling the heat after the Swift launch & are getting desperate to get their sales figures right.
Old 17th June 2005, 12:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camry93
BTW, why is Hyundai comparing Swift against the Xing and not against the Getz? I feel they are being rather snooty by doing so ... what say?
Although I am Xing owner, but feel really disgusted by the act of Hyundai...shame on them..this is just dirty marketing which lead them no where.

To answer your question..yes Xing does compete with Swift but only for price and NO Other comparison can be made.
I dont know why cant Maruti use this as counter strategy for marketing, Compare 1.3L Swift with 1.1L Xing on price.

Btw guys, can sombody tell me, best possible offer for my 2 month old and fully Loaded (Xing XS) Santro. Well thinking abt. Swift offcourse based on offer I get for santro
Old 17th June 2005, 12:34   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
On a related note, suppose i buy the Xing based on the brochure, later i come to know that the specifications of swift were reported wrong. Can i go to court for a refund as the company lied.
There was an Opel Astra owner who got a full refund of his car + interest after more than 5 years since purchase.

His claim was that GM misguided him through adverts and brochures of the Astra being German engineering.

Link to Opel Astra Case

GTO
Old 17th June 2005, 13:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

GOOD DONE MARUTI

I was slowly starting to like Hyundai company & might have considered buying a Hyundai car
but now no way I will buy a Hyundai car
I would rather ride a cycle than using Hyundai car
Old 17th June 2005, 15:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Nice move Maruti! I really wanted them to take action about this... its really stupid of them to even compare the two. I hope Maruti sues them big time. I'm glad at the moment that Maruti did take some action against those misleading brochures.
Old 17th June 2005, 18:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Yeap. This was bound to happen and I would have been surprised if they hadn't sued Hyundai.
Old 17th June 2005, 19:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

I'm disappointed by hyundai in this regard...they dont need to resort to such unethical practices...
Good...maruti is teaching them a lesson.

This is just degrading their image in my opinion.

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 17th June 2005 at 19:25.
Old 17th June 2005, 20:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
I want the guy in hyundai who suggested this add campaign...flogged in public...
That would be BVR Subbu, ex-marketing now CEO. Dosen't matter who suggests it, he's the one who approves it.

Last edited by Mpower : 17th June 2005 at 20:02.
Old 17th June 2005, 20:07   #26
BHPian

I can't believe Hyundai can stoop to such low levels in their marketing.. The ARAI, 5-seater ad of the santro had already pissed me off..
Old 17th June 2005, 23:59   #27
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai doing what it does the best ! I'm not really surprised by this considering their past. I hope Maruti goes ahead with the case. Its about time Hyundai realised that Marketing isn't just about lying or twisting the facts.
Old 18th June 2005, 20:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai do give lots of wrong info. I say this cuz when we went to check out the Elantra, they said it gives a mileage of 16-18kms/l and this is higher than any D segment car. They also said its the most powerful car in the D Segment and are like forcing you to buy it..
Old 18th June 2005, 20:56   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Hyundai cos it will prove a deterrent against such future activities
This isnot the first time this has happened. It has happened before. HM had moved to court or had given a legal notice as Hyundai had printed false info on the CRDi Accent brochures about the Lancer.

Quote:
best possible offer for my 2 month old and fully Loaded (Xing XS)
Well reasale will be really low since new models of Xing have arrived..

Quote:
they said it gives a mileage of 16-18kms/l and this is higher than any D segment car
Nothing beats the Octy in FE Hyundai dealers are given special marketing lying strategies..

Hope now Hyundai lovers now why people hate hyundai..(not cause its korean)

Quote:
When will Hyunda learn??
When BVR Subbu becomes a member of team-bhp and all hyundai car comes like this(Drifters car)

Old 19th June 2005, 20:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

What the **** is the meaning of this montoya.
You better have a good explanation about this.

Dude do you want me to start about how you got duped by the dealer regarding your optra? I'd rather not. But you are asking for it.

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 19th June 2005 at 20:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks