Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2005, 18:29   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Why don't we start a show guys?
Think about it. We get to TD exotic cars, blab something which we know is true and not talk crap and even have hot chicks for company and the best part. GET PAID FOR DOING IT.
That would be cool. And it would be an up to date auto show, not like some dumb auto shows where they are featuring NEW cars that were going to be replaced soon.
Old 28th October 2005, 18:50   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
No Indian car show will ACTUALLY test the car to its limits like Top Gear.

Dude I completely agree with you, I don't think that any car show like Top gear will go places to test the car, if you guys happen to watch Top gear regularly you can notice that they actually go different places to test the cars take the car to its limit and actually keep the car for a week and when the tyres are worn out they put in the new tyres and giv the car back to the owner..etc, etc.........

Unlike our Indian car shows who I bet get paid by the producers to keep their mouth shut and just say goodie goodie things about the car. :WTF:
Old 28th October 2005, 18:52   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Why don't we start a show guys?
Think about it. We get to TD exotic cars, blab something which we know is true and not talk crap and even have hot chicks for company and the best part. GET PAID FOR DOING IT.
That would be cool. And it would be an up to date auto show, not like some dumb auto shows where they are featuring NEW cars that were going to be replaced soon.
yeah and we can have our own test track, and have our own test driver (named the Sting not Stig), it would be so much fun what say guys??????
Old 28th October 2005, 21:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

I have a dream...........

- Team-Bhp auto magazine launched in stands in 2008 to an astonishing reception from the Indian car world. Its concise, straight-talking, no-nonsense, comprehensive style wins fans all over the world.

- Team-bhp TV show launched in 2010. Featuring Indian cars taken to their limits by exprerienced test drivers, it climbs very high up in the TV ratings.

- Team-bhp becomes a huge automobile-talent finding resource, and various companies turn to TBHP for constructive critiscism for their products( this has aldready started to happen).
Old 3rd December 2005, 00:21   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
I have a dream...........

- Team-Bhp auto magazine launched in stands in 2008 to an astonishing reception from the Indian car world. Its concise, straight-talking, no-nonsense, comprehensive style wins fans all over the world.

- Team-bhp TV show launched in 2010. Featuring Indian cars taken to their limits by exprerienced test drivers, it climbs very high up in the TV ratings.

- Team-bhp becomes a huge automobile-talent finding resource, and various companies turn to TBHP for constructive critiscism for their products( this has aldready started to happen).
to add to that - and we could have our own DVD series like the one Best Motoring International has ..
Old 16th September 2007, 22:53   #36
BHPian

Sorry for digging up such an old thread. Was about to start a new one on how pathetic the Indian Auto shows on TV are, when I came across this one. The one incident I remember very clearly though its pretty dated; don't recall what channel it was though. Was brushing my teeth one morning, my Dad was watching some news channel. I hear a female voice: "Hero Honda has launched a new bike. It is a 150 bhp segment bike and is called the Achiever." I am not kidding, I spluttered all the toothpaste foam in my mouth on the mirror in front of me and ran to the living room almost tripping over the floor mat. Then I saw the Yellow Achiever on the screen and went ***. The girl had used bhp and cc interchangeably and worse still, it wasn't even edited. Pathetic is the least degree one can use.

So now I just stick to Top Gear, Fifth Gear and Best Motoring. Trying to find some International show which is dedicated to two wheels. Any pointers???
Old 16th September 2007, 23:14   #37
LLL
BHPian

Just saw one show today called "gaadi bula rahi hai". From introduction it appeared it would be about discounts/offers in upcoming holiday season. They got tutu dhawan and another guy from a consumer forum to join the discussion and for 30 mins they kept on repeating
1. bargain hard
2. buy a car that you like.

Absolutely no details on what were the best cars, discounts, vfms, performance of cars, pros and cons. Absolutely Nothing.
Old 17th September 2007, 00:49   #38
BHPian

awesome ... it never struck me, what we have here is a gold mine

well if people are still intrested in the idea, we could do a pilot show here in bombay

no it wont be with complete details like lights and high end camera

but yea i can bring my direction experience and kick in the basics, we could have video reviews of cars done here, we could have videos of modded cars, and gurus speak up about ICE

as visuals are always better than plain text, if members here in bbay are up for it, then lets plan a meet and decide. we could do a pilot by TD 1 car for beginners lets see how it turns out and we could have a video section on TBHP. to hell with the stupid television shows
Old 17th September 2007, 03:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

The closest that we have to a respectable "Indian Motoring Show" is the Speed from Autocar on CNBC. But they goof up occasionally on the specs as well.

TBHP going live is not a bad idea, though...
Old 17th September 2007, 06:41   #40
BHPian

Actually launching a show seems a very nice idea....As all of us being a part of this great forum with a lot of info exchange.......True feedback and review could be given to the media......India's own top notch show....by the petroheads.....
Old 17th September 2007, 09:46   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

NDTV Good Times new show "It all about my wheels honey" is pretty okay for a watch. I liked Tutu Dhawans interview in the last weeks episode.
Old 17th September 2007, 09:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

It seems to be raining auto shows here in kerala. All the local channels have one idiotic grinning gorrila(model) who dosent know the basic of cars and starts blabberin nonsense. "the pulsar 220DTSI has twin monoshock suspension in the front!.

And the worst part is where they bring the showroom people to explain the car! and they just read from the catalog!! What's the point. No negative point about any car /bike is mentioned as they are taking the cars from the showroom and maybe wont get it the next time if they give a bad report! damn!
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2007, 10:02   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
It seems to be raining auto shows here in kerala. All the local channels have one idiotic grinning gorrila(model) who dosent know the basic of cars and starts blabberin nonsense. "the pulsar 220DTSI has twin monoshock suspension in the front!.

And the worst part is where they bring the showroom people to explain the car! and they just read from the catalog!! What's the point. No negative point about any car /bike is mentioned as they are taking the cars from the showroom and maybe wont get it the next time if they give a bad report! damn!
Very much true !

And they will always bluff only about the pros of any vehicle !
Old 23rd September 2007, 20:01   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
NDTV Good Times new show "It all about my wheels honey" is pretty okay for a watch. I liked Tutu Dhawans interview in the last weeks episode.
This week Autopsyche seems to be getting them to clean his workshop.
Old 23rd September 2007, 20:56   #45
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone remember Wheels which used to come on BBC...? It was the best show on Indian Automobiles...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks