Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 18:04   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Every one in my family is so dead agianst german cars/MB's just for this reason and therefore I am not able get one so if this episode helps improve things as a consumer I will help you in anyway possible
My family'd disown me if I buy another German.

Quote:
Thats just a lame excuse given by Merc to cover up their own incompetencies
Agreed. Jurgen Scrempp cut costs bigtime and bled the component suppliers dry. Result : Loss of quality & durability.
Old 6th July 2009, 19:20   #17
BHPian

Thanks guys for your replies, just got a mail from T&T telling us the cost of the repairs !!

Rs. 134000.00 but they are ready to pay 75 % of the cost so will have to pay only Rs. 60500 + Taxes !!

So basically the radiator needs to be changed which is not in stock and will take 2 weeks to arrive !!!

My father has written back to DC India who are yet to reply to his earlier mail !! Here is his second mail sent :

"
Dear Mr. Rao,

Kindly refer to the attached estimate from T & T motor which is yet another shock to the owner of the World class Car. First, we would like to thank MBIL for sharing 75% of the cost of the radiater assembly which even though should have been 100%, still it is a step forward but we are not able to understand as to why we should pay 100% for all the other items including labour and towing charges when the problem was purely a manufacturing defect. Hence, we would strongly request MBIL to look into it and absorb this unnecessary charges.

We know for sure that if the above cost is not absorbed by MBIL then we will have no other alternative but to pay, in which case we would immediately like to dispose off the car before another problem crops up or we have to dump the car as a show piece in one of the street corner because we do not have any more pride in owning such a liability.

Best Regards"
Old 6th July 2009, 19:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
If not the court some really bad press should help MB get of its arrogant perch! I think we need to get a complete exposure of MB and their dealer practices via the press. Omaragra there have been few cases in Mumbai where the MR coffee guy sued & made a lot of press noise till they gave him a brand new car of a new model (the case went on for couple of years by when new & more expensive model came in). He used his old car till the day of replacement. Another car rolled on the expressay and that guy also got a new C class replacement for the old 124!.

Hormaz of Autocar told me 3 years ago he was going to do an expose on this I suppose there were political compulsions. If I were you I would round up few more owners like you and get the press involved you will for sure benefit in the meduim term. Also helps to convinve the press that if they do a proper expose all sorts of owners will tumble out of that closet with horror stories But as the rest said here is it worthwhile? If it happened to me I would take them and squeeze the dalights out of them and also do some much needed consumer public service and awarness around this it is high time. I must remind you though that after using an MB for one year I suspect most problems in India are related to how we use/operate the car and whom we let drive it! I suspect in many cases people almost abuse the car I may be wrong

Every one in my family is so dead agianst german cars/MB's just for this reason and therefore I am not able get one so if this episode helps improve things as a consumer I will help you in anyway possible

Can you cook up something ???
Old 6th July 2009, 19:30   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragra View Post
Thanks guys for your replies, just got a mail from T&T telling us the cost of the repairs !!

Rs. 134000.00 but they are ready to pay 75 % of the cost so will have to pay only Rs. 60500 + Taxes !!

So basically the radiator needs to be changed which is not in stock and will take 2 weeks to arrive !!!

My father has written back to DC India who are yet to reply to his earlier mail !! Here is his second mail sent :

"
Dear Mr. Rao,

Kindly refer to the attached estimate from T & T motor which is yet another shock to the owner of the World class Car. First, we would like to thank MBIL for sharing 75% of the cost of the radiater assembly which even though should have been 100%, still it is a step forward but we are not able to understand as to why we should pay 100% for all the other items including labour and towing charges when the problem was purely a manufacturing defect. Hence, we would strongly request MBIL to look into it and absorb this unnecessary charges.

We know for sure that if the above cost is not absorbed by MBIL then we will have no other alternative but to pay, in which case we would immediately like to dispose off the car before another problem crops up or we have to dump the car as a show piece in one of the street corner because we do not have any more pride in owning such a liability.

Best Regards"
so out of 134000 they are paying 100000. why do you want to pay 60k again ? i guesss nothing above 35k for the same. since you mention 75% they are paying.
Old 6th July 2009, 19:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
so out of 134000 they are paying 100000. why do you want to pay 60k again ? i guesss nothing above 35k for the same. since you mention 75% they are paying.

Forgot to mention the other charges include labor, oils and crane charges !!!
Old 6th July 2009, 20:24   #21
BHPian

In eighties, Rover was introduced in India. Many people bought that car and later realised that the car was full of problems with no cure or support coming from manufacturer / dealer. One unfortunate customer was owner of Narula Hotel in Delhi. He posted a big 'For Sale' notice on the car listing all the defects and problems faced by him and parked the car in front of his restaurant in Connaught Place. The car received huge publicity and its story was even carried by newspapers.

So only negative publicity will help you. But now that T&T Motors is willing to share some of your burden, best way out will be get it repaired and sell it. MB should share the part cost and dealer should reduce the labour cost.

Later on buy only that car which comes with a 4-5 years warranty or maintenance package.
Old 6th July 2009, 23:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if this proves to be useful or not, but this is the information I could rake up.

1) When I was searching, I came across the following address and phone number. I am posting after translating it from German to English.

By post: Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance
Center Maastricht NV
PO Box 1456
BL 6201 - Maastricht
Netherlands

By phone: 00800 1 777 7777
(You can reach us Mon - Fri 8:30 to 18:00 clock)

By fax: 069 95 30 7255

2) Click on the following :
Mercedes-Benz International Corporate Sales - Contact

Here note the text highlight by selection as per following image. I think they might help you on getting the email address or contact number of DC head office.

Have a look at the image.
Attached Thumbnails
Help needed regarding filing a case against Daimlerchrysler-omaragra-merc-case1.jpg  

Old 7th July 2009, 00:35   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I dont know if this proves to be useful or not, but this is the information I could rake up.

1) When I was searching, I came across the following address and phone number. I am posting after translating it from German to English.

By post: Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance
Center Maastricht NV
PO Box 1456
BL 6201 - Maastricht
Netherlands

By phone: 00800 1 777 7777
(You can reach us Mon - Fri 8:30 to 18:00 clock)

By fax: 069 95 30 7255

2) Click on the following :
Mercedes-Benz International Corporate Sales - Contact

Here note the text highlight by selection as per following image. I think they might help you on getting the email address or contact number of DC head office.

Have a look at the image.

Thanks for that I will certainly look into it.

Cheers

Omar
Old 7th July 2009, 02:03   #24
BHPian

Omar, thats a scary experience.

I now hate Mercs :-)

The charges you've mentioned are just mind blowing and the frustration after owning such a luxurious car can be imagined.

anyway as many of us suggested, you should dispose this car and buy one which cares for customers and where dealers have more transparency.
Old 7th July 2009, 08:34   #25
BHPian

[quote=ghpk;1373444]I now hate Mercs :-)
quote]

I wouldn't go that far. They've made excellent cars in their time, true marvels of engineering - it's just the last decade that will tarnish their otherwise excellent history
Old 7th July 2009, 09:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

omaragra I can certainly faclilitate a cookout you will have to do the leg work There is a brand new s class (S500 just done less a 1000 km) customer whose car rattles he has taken MB to court as the rattle is not being rectified, his car was also damaged/scratched the top when Autohanger tried to test fit someone else's roof rack! Roof rack on an S class? :( He wants the car replaced, I can put you on to him if you like, GTO here is another owner who has had bad service expereince and premature repair so he could be number 2 owner. If you PM me I can get you the contact of the S500 owners. I can get you ton's of owners who are fed up but still paying through their nose!!

Last edited by canonball : 7th July 2009 at 09:49.
Old 7th July 2009, 13:32   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
omaragra I can certainly faclilitate a cookout you will have to do the leg work There is a brand new s class (S500 just done less a 1000 km) customer whose car rattles he has taken MB to court as the rattle is not being rectified, his car was also damaged/scratched the top when Autohanger tried to test fit someone else's roof rack! Roof rack on an S class? :( He wants the car replaced, I can put you on to him if you like, GTO here is another owner who has had bad service expereince and premature repair so he could be number 2 owner. If you PM me I can get you the contact of the S500 owners. I can get you ton's of owners who are fed up but still paying through their nose!!

I'll show this to my father and lets see what he says !! Anyways thanks for your support.
Old 7th July 2009, 16:45   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragra View Post
I'll show this to my father and lets see what he says !! Anyways thanks for your support.
I will support you to file the a case against this Greedy/Careless... MNC's who are taking the Indian Market/Customer as a granted. There is many threads are running here against different Auto Car Maker in India.

Putting a case against them will not cost you much but at the end if you get some thing out of that it will benefit you. Any how you are not loosing any thing,
Good Luck.
Old 7th July 2009, 20:16   #29
BHPian

And I thought only TATA & SODA's has problems !

Dear Omar,

Sad to hear your story. I would have killed some MB official if I were in your place. After paying 50 lacs we have car which cannot run trouble free for 5 years ! My 2000 model Safari ( one of the worst lots that came out ) gave me a quarter of the problems you listed after 6 years and I sold her off.

As GTO advises, sell her off and buy a Accord or The New Fortuner! Trust me no use to pay for this sort of Snob Value.
Old 8th July 2009, 10:54   #30
BHPian

I was just talking to my father and explained him that filing a case would not be a good option as you guys have suggested !!

But what we can do is have a collective effort and use the electronic or the print media to create a negative image of the company, which I am sure will 100 % work.

So what can be done ??

Regards

Omar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks