Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2009, 11:55   #31
BHPian

Well, if we dont pay Lakhs for basic repairs, then who will pay for the fat salaries of german goras, their standard of living and their exotic vacations?

Payback Time!
Old 8th July 2009, 12:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

My take is that this is the fault of T&T motors delhi Omaragra. You should send in a letter to them as well as too MBIL. Currently they are trying to get into better shape and are changeing their non enthusiastic dealers and also dealers that they get alot of complaints for. I could put in a word for you with the Mercedes guys here in Bombay and with some officials at MBIL pune.
The best solution that i can see is to change the car, but since the letter has been sent you would have to retain it as evidence now.
Old 8th July 2009, 13:54   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
My take is that this is the fault of T&T motors delhi Omaragra. You should send in a letter to them as well as too MBIL. Currently they are trying to get into better shape and are changeing their non enthusiastic dealers and also dealers that they get alot of complaints for. I could put in a word for you with the Mercedes guys here in Bombay and with some officials at MBIL pune.
The best solution that i can see is to change the car, but since the letter has been sent you would have to retain it as evidence now.

Yes we have sent copies of the mail to T&T too. Lets see what happens, just waiting for my father to get free from some work of his. Will discuss in detail this weekend !!

It would be really great if you can put the word in ^.^

Thanks for the support.

I have also written to autocar and overdrive asking if they can help in anyway.

Regards

Omar
Old 8th July 2009, 14:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragra View Post
Yes we have sent copies of the mail to T&T too. Lets see what happens, just waiting for my father to get free from some work of his. Will discuss in detail this weekend !!

It would be really great if you can put the word in ^.^

Thanks for the support.

I have also written to autocar and overdrive asking if they can help in anyway.

Regards

Omar
Would be glad to help in anyway.

Ask Hormaz or Shapur at Autocar, Srini at BSM and Sirish at Overdrive to have someone write an arcticle on this. They had done it some time ago for a complain.
I have noticed is MBIL responds well when they are threatened with legal and media stands by a customer.
Old 9th July 2009, 05:24   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragra View Post
We own a 2004 Mercedes Benz E 270. Our problems started from the car's 3rd year and they have become worse since the past 1 year.

Earlier the problems were regarding tyres, once the tyre used to get puncture it used to immediately get flat and become useless. We had to change 10 of them in total.

Now recently the things became worse, here is a summary of problems.

2. The headlights got dis-coloured, the company refused to change them saying that the warranty was over, so we paid 70K for their replacement.
Normal. It has happened to our car too. While not majorly discolored, it is slightly discolored and the lights aren't as bright as they used to be. Nothing wrong with the bulbs though. One problem that both me and a friend faced on our E270's was that somehow there was a dead cockroach in the LHS headlight on both the cars. Wierd?

4. Once the A/C stopped working, the part was ordered came from Germany the car was in the workshop for around 5 days.

This happened to our car twice if I recall correctly. Something to do with a part of the alternator i believe.

Omar
Hi,

We own a 2004 E270 CDI as well, and just like yours, we too have been having some problems since the last 2 years.
I have written some comments in bold, and apart from that, we too have been having some other problems with our car, which will be documented in my LTR when I go back to India.
The amount we have spent on this car makes me wonder whether I should push dad (given the recession and slow business) to replace this car or keep it running for another 2 years. And if we do replace it, what other car offers superior reliability and prestige for a similar price?

BTW, even my friend's E270 had been facing some problems, which included the tailgate opening on its own, and what not.

BTW, somewhere in this thread I read that the W211 was amongst the worst mercs to buy. Actually, it happens to be one of the more reliable new mercs, and the W212 is meant to be more reliable. But I don't know if owners would trust Mercedes again for a while.
Also, the most unreliable Mercs happen to be the old C Class (the first one launched in india), W210 E class (first twin light E class), and the Old S Class (the one before the current gen).

OT: It is really ironic that our fiesta, which is a 2006 model with 50+Kkm on it (around the same as the merc) hasn't faced any issues. Seems as though USA's troubled car maker known for making fuel guzzling, unreliable and low quality vehicles actually has tougher vehicles than one of Germany's best brands.

Last edited by lamborghini : 9th July 2009 at 05:27.
Old 9th July 2009, 07:20   #36
BHPian

Thanks Speedy, yes lets hope Auto-car and Over-drive get back to me soon.

Lamborghini I am still waiting for a reply from DC India, who still have to reply to my father's mail !!!!!!!!!
Old 9th July 2009, 08:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Buying a Merc was an Ambition for me.
but after reading this story, i think i should have better ambitions in life

Sorry to hear about your horror story. There is a concept call SUNK COST.
probably your father would know it. there is no point in sinking more
money into this CART, COurt cases drain energy, money, time,
i am not sure whether your father would have enough to persue the cases.

the best option is to sell of the car, write off the SUNK cost,
buy a better car, focus back on business and enjoy the drive
Old 11th July 2009, 14:20   #38
BHPian

Just got an update from my father. The car has been fixed and T&T Motors has only charged us for the crane i.e. only around Rs. 15,000.

Lets hope things don't go boom again. But still haven't got a reply from DM !!!!!!

Like everyone says filing a case is useless, only thing we now plan to do is get rid of the car as soon as the monsoon finishes and then my father will start driving his 7er full time.

Regards

Omar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks