Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 22:07   #16
BHPian

Scary to say the least!

Hi!

I was evaluating a SKODA Laura. I am scared to go for it now! I would rather trust Toyota or Chvrolet for that matter. Man, I have been owning a FIAT for about 3 years, and I have been greatly happy with the post sales service (and people do not even take a minute to bash them for poor A-S-S). This story from SKODA is scary to say the least!
Old 6th July 2009, 22:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Guys, tell me one thing, how many customers is Skoda willing to loose?

Last year, we were looking to buy a luxury vehicle and I quite liked the Laura, but did not even consider it due to the horror stories on this site.

Even now, I am willing to shell out 7 lacs + for a diesel hatch, but still I refuse to consider the Fabia.

Wake up Skoda!
Old 6th July 2009, 22:22   #18
Team-BHP Support

I am very very sorry for your situation. This is actually the first time that I feel so ashamed about plight of the consumer in this country, how can this company be allowed to do business in India.

I am almost scared to ask you this, but did the fine gentleman Mr Bapat die a natural death ?
Old 6th July 2009, 22:32   #19
BHPian

This has got to be the limits.

I was seriously contemplating on buying the new Laura petrol base model to replace the 6 year old Palio GTX I own at present and even saved up the cash for it but this issue is the last straw. I am going to invest this money I set aside in buying a new flat in Tripunithura, Ernakulam tomorrow morning. Thanks to Skoda my money is going to appreciate and not depreciate like it does when buying automobiles. I am in two minds as to whether to wait for the Chevrolet Cruze.
Chevrolet Cruze review - Telegraph

Check out the torque figures for the base petrol.
Skoda Laura :: Technical Specifications ::

Alas! though I crave for the Laura petrol engine this purchase is surely out of the window with this latest revelation.
Old 6th July 2009, 22:44   #20
BHPian

why does a premium brand like skoda try to go with the bad guys for promoting their products. Could it be because the bad guys - most of the times - have more say in our country and more money!! I hope professionalism and good work will take prominence over greed and corruption of people who are best placed to make people smile.
Old 6th July 2009, 22:46   #21
BHPian

Folks, This is scary. Only a few days back after reading the review (4 Car Shoot-Out) in Autocar, I was contemplating changing over from Civic to Laura. I'm not sure i have the courage to do that anymore... I guess I will wait for Mitsu Evo X
Old 6th July 2009, 22:48   #22
BHPian

It's quite obvious why the good guys were shut down. They were the ones who exposed the truth. Can't have people ruining good reputations you see..

@nareshtrao: the evo x if it makes it to india is likely to come in as a CBU, and it would not be surprising if it were priced upwards of 50 lakh. Remember reading a figure of 72 lakh somewhere, though not confirmed.

Last edited by mayjay : 6th July 2009 at 22:56.
Old 6th July 2009, 22:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

1) I wonder how much more low can Skoda go. The height of these unscrupulous activities is higher than Mount Everest. I dont what to compare with Skoda auto. Now if I dont hear a thing or two wrong about Skoda, I am surprised.

2) 14 months is too long a car to get repaired. Very very long. Its only when the car is completely rendered useless and unidentifiable, then 14 is OK time. But you were able to tow the car and dashboard was OK, so they were doing something wrong.

3) Can you post the images of your when the car was sent for accident repairs and the state of the car when it was returned to you.

4) I wonder what is the common sense and technical knowledge of Meghna ( I think you are talking about TBHP user " Skoda.Corporate " ) and Mr Kartik. I think for them non genuine parts = genuine parts.

5) I seriously feel that we must do something more serious as the problem is not being solved. Since TBHP mods met high profile Skoda people, there is no remarkable improvement in their standards. We must do something more, but my brain is directionless in what can we do.
Old 6th July 2009, 23:20   #24
BHPian

SKODA them self are promoting NON-Genuine parts :( Thats real sad for this Luxary Car maker. Wake up Consumer Court. Save the Indian Customer from this Loot Maar.
Old 7th July 2009, 10:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

(my quota of 2 smileys)

Man, someday when I have enough money to afford a Skoda/VW I am still never ever going to buy one, in India or outside it. Will make sure that none in my family ever touch one too.

I guess you were one of the lucky ones to get you car replaces albeit at a cost. If I were you, I would sell it off and buy another one, even if it's the risky Chevy Optra Magnum diesel.

Last edited by asr245 : 7th July 2009 at 10:59.
Old 7th July 2009, 11:14   #26
BHPian

With all these proof, can't we check if we can expose this in media. Am sure that someone in the media can help us portray the case and get Skoda to respond and own up the issues. Also, are these the problems with their dealers or Skoda itself. Its really a shame for such things to go on for so long. Not sure how many more horror stories are out there, which are yet to come out in open.
Old 7th July 2009, 11:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

The way things are going, I think Skoda can say Bye-Bye to India soon.
Old 7th July 2009, 12:07   #28
BHPian

So the moral of the story is ,

If you really really want to take revenge on somebody,
Gift a skoda to him and N'joy
Old 7th July 2009, 14:44   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Honestly, Skoda horror stories don't really surprise / shock me anymore. Skoda & its dealers are running a SCAM. It's what I naturally expect of the brand. And it's only the customer who loses.

I'm glad you were one of the luckier customers who was finally able to get a replacement car, Flyram.

P.S. How about an ownership report of your 530D?
Old 7th July 2009, 16:08   #30
BHPian

I feel your pain, Flyram.

But like many have pointed out, and it surprises me when I say it, you are one of the luckier ones.

If the stories keep trickling in like this, we may well have to open a dedicated forum section for skoda misdemeanors.

Most Viewed