Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2009, 10:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

DC invited to make faster bikes for Mumbai police!!

Here is a satire in the making the Maharashtra government has invited DC to design faster bikes for the police DC and fast are words that don't make a sentence. If you want to make something heavy and slow you give it to DC. This made for some good Sunday humor. To top it Mr. Chavan says we have asked DC for a proposal and he is yet to revert. This must be DC's most challenging proposal. For someone who is known to load things to justify his rip of charges. Those bikes are going to fall apart sooner than later.

We the Tax payer are footing this stupid exercise when any of the super bike makers will do it for free either on existing indian models or gift semi super bikes (250 to 600cc) as done with cars in the past. These bikes will at least have a service backup every time DC's bikes fall apart which they always do one has to go to saki naka or pune! wow must say Mr. Chavan needs to grow up and take some lessons in maturity as he seems to be stuck in the 90's

This may even be some ingenious way of making money?

Last edited by canonball : 7th July 2009 at 10:21.
Old 7th July 2009, 10:21   #2
BHPian

Its totally a stupid thing that DC is designing bike for Mumbai Police.
See the situation,
The thief is having RX100 (assumed) & Mumbai Police inspector is having Pulsar designed by DC (weighing almost as M800 ) then how they will catch thief ???
I think that when Police will reach first destination of theft, thief will by safely at home by stealing something from second place !!!
Old 7th July 2009, 10:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

truth is stranger than fiction

Anybody still remember this
DC invited to make faster bikes for Mumbai police!!-yamaha.jpg
Old 7th July 2009, 10:27   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
Its totally a stupid thing that DC is designing bike for Mumbai Police.
See the situation,
The thief is having RX100 (assumed) & Mumbai Police inspector is having Pulsar designed by DC (weighing almost as M800 ) then how they will catch thief ???
I think that when Police will reach first destination of theft, thief will by safely at home by stealing something from second place !!!
that totally true.
i think DC's firm has bribed top politicians in maharashtra.
if they are serious about making bikes faster, their safest bet is importing them from some other country.
Old 7th July 2009, 10:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

Attachment 155506
My god!. That's one of the worst things I've ever seen.

And DC making FAST bikes?

May be he is making bikes which look like they go fast.

A cop should have a bike which should be reliable and I don;t understand how can the Mumbai police go to DC with such a proposal.
Old 7th July 2009, 10:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

I think the citizen of the city should launch a PIL against wasteful expenditures of this sorts.
Old 7th July 2009, 10:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

Attachment 155506
woah..some 'styling'. (gone seriously wrong). This design qualifies to be 'DC' - Dud Converts...
Old 7th July 2009, 11:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
The thief is having RX100 (assumed) & Mumbai Police inspector is having Pulsar designed by DC (weighing almost as M800 ) then how they will catch thief ??
Well, the last time a cop caught me for lane-cutting, another black Accent decided to drive away, and a cop went behind him on an RX100. I asked the cops why they let him go, and they said that their fellow has gone behind him on an RX100. "RX100 se koi bhi gaadi fast nai hai, wo bike koi bhi gaadi ko pakad leta hai, abhi tak to usko pakad liya hoga..." I laughed on his face and told him "to mere saath bhi try karke dekh lo na"
Old 7th July 2009, 11:51   #9

Speak to Bajaj Auto

I think the Maharashtra Govt would be better advised to speak to Bajaj Auto for their New Pulsar Bike(220 cc).It will be a win-win situation for both.Bajaj will get good publicity and the Mumbai Police will have a fast bike.
Old 7th July 2009, 13:04   #10
BHPian

duh - MH Govt so uninformed about what exists

LOLz (i didnt know a car designer (or modifier, blinger) could design a bike,or vice versa)

Why design bikes?

Just buy some existing good Police bikes from Honda or Suzuki or Yamaha (from Japan), if need be.

Show - BMW Police Bikes

They could also consider some 4-wheel ATVs and their importance (if the bulb in their head turned on)
Attached Thumbnails
DC invited to make faster bikes for Mumbai police!!-atv.jpg  

DC invited to make faster bikes for Mumbai police!!-yamahafjr1300answ.jpg  

Last edited by aerohit : 7th July 2009 at 13:10.
Old 7th July 2009, 13:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

Come on guys. DC can design the bike and get a stonker of an engine from someone. That should make it fast.
Old 7th July 2009, 14:31   #12
Senior - BHPian

srishiva seriously my friend he is not the kind of guy to back if I were you. Folks out here have intimate knowledge and some of us first hand experience of DC and his capabilities so urge you not to try and be different or just argue.

Let me explain before you react, even if DC were good no one in the world, and that inlcudes all police departments get volume orders executed from a botique styling shop known for limited volumes and one offs. Mumbai police does not need one bike for its chief or to display at headquarters, they will need a large volume so consistancy, relaibility, service back up are important parts of delivering that volume which trust me forget DC, no boutique can do and will do if they want to retain their images! Boutiques do bespoke work not mass scale manufacturing. The ones that tried are bankrupt all over the world because they are two completely different schools of thought and pilosophy. So what you suggest plonking an engine at best is a back ally experiment not mainstream volumes

Last edited by canonball : 7th July 2009 at 14:36.
Old 7th July 2009, 14:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

Just hope that he does not make bikes heavier than trucks.
Old 8th July 2009, 00:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

The Mumbai city police received three armoured Rakshak vehicles, 150 motorcycles, 20 jeeps, nine vans, 21 towing trucks and four buses!

Mumbai, July 5 Mumbai police will soon get new motorcycles, designed with all modern technologies, which will replace the existing ones and help the cops act faster.

The new bikes with high speeding capacity and easier to drive, will be designed by famous automobile designer Dilip Chhabria.

The Home Department is planning to provide well equipped motorcycles to beat marshals so that they can reach the desired sites within two minutes, Home Minister Jayant Patil told PTI.

The Department approached Chhabria and he has agreed to design motorcycle for the marshals, Patil said.

The marshals usually take eight minutes to reach the desired location in their areas with the current bikes. But now, the time would be reduced to two minutes and chances of nabbing a culprit would increase, he said.

ChennaiOnline News : Mumbai cops to get new motorcycles

i think Bajaj should provide 100 or so bikes free of cost to mumbai police to show its share of responsibility and commitment towards India. (free advertisment and publicity!!)

toyota usa gave 100 free of cost hilux double cabin pickups to american special forces to fight in afghanistan as the humvee was too slow and slugish to match the toyotas used by taliban & co, provided the forces dont remove the toyota badging from the vehicles!
Old 8th July 2009, 03:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I know what they are trying! The bikes they use will be so damn ugly that the trouble-makers will be scared of it. In a few years, mothers will warn their kids about these police bikes, lest they fall into trouble and be forced to see one firsthand.

Most Viewed