Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2009, 12:24   #76
BHPian

I was considering an SUV too! But nothing in & around 10L - Scorpio/Safari are not as refined! Hope Yeti comes in that price range!
Old 13th July 2009, 08:49   #77
BANNED

The Hindu Business Line : Mahindra Renault venture posts Rs 490-cr loss

The story is based on info from the M & M annual report.

I was wondering if respective foreign parents with Indian subsidiaries publish such info in their annual reports, and if so, where such info is available.
Old 13th July 2009, 09:59   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashish Gupta View Post
Am I reading this right? - The ANHC is 90% of the Civic!!! With all due respect to you Mr. Moderator, but its more like 60% of the Civic at 75% of the price. Drive both of them side by side and you will surely agree with me. Actually, leave alone driving, just sit inside the ANHC after a Civic and you will feel the difference.
I agree that Civic has much better feel and probably drives better, but these are aspects you can't quantify. But if you look at aspects like Space and power, you can't say ANHC is only 60% of Civic. In fact the boot space in ANHC is 120% of Civic! Utilatarian aspects still matter more then the emotional aspects in this price range.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:50   #79
BHPian

Quote:
I agree that Civic has much better feel and probably drives better, but these are aspects you can't quantify. But if you look at aspects like Space and power, you can't say ANHC is only 60% of Civic. In fact the boot space in ANHC is 120% of Civic! Utilatarian aspects still matter more then the emotional aspects in this price range.
I was planning for a Honda City(ANHC). I went and sat in the car(city), had a testdrive. Then came back to the showroom. Casually sat inside a civic there. And wow.I was smitten! I never compared the dimentions. But the feeling you get inside the car is totally different from any other car I had been. I forgot city and bought a civic. Maybe personal perceptions.For me there is no comparation.
Old 14th July 2009, 11:17   #80
Senior - BHPian

Audi India: Records best-ever sales in June 2009
  • Vehicle sales in June 2009: 204 cars, growth of 165 percent
  • Audi India records 75 percent growth in sales volume in half year
    of 2009 ( January – June)
Mumbai - Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, continues to register strong growth in sales in India. Audi India today announced the best-ever record sales of 204 cars in June 2009 - a growth of 165 percent in comparison to June 2008 (77 cars). Despite the challenging market situation, Audi India has shown consistent growth over the last six months and recorded impressive sales of 821 cars for the
first half of the year 2009, a significant growth of 75 percent compared to the sales registered during the corresponding period last year (470 cars).
The second quarter of 2009 has seen Audi India introducing two new models- the Audi Q5 and the new Audi A6, bringing the total number of Audi models available in India to seven. By introducing 3 new engine options, Audi India also expanded the engine range of Audi A4 to 5 engines- the widest engine range in the luxury car market in India. The first half of the year also saw Audi expand its dealership network to Mumbai and Kochi - first Audi Terminal showroom in India.
Commenting on the remarkable performance, Mr. Benoit Tiers, Managing Director Audi India said: “Audi India recorded growth in the first half of 2009, both in terms of sales and network expansion. This clearly shows not only our consistency in performance but also the growing acceptance of our brand. The continuous success reaffirms our commitment to the Indian market, and we will continue to offer our customer progressive, sporty and sophisticated products and services inspired by our
core essence of our brand DNA ‘Vorsprung durch Technik’. “
On the global front, Audi continues to win awards and laurels- for the fifth time in a row, a jury of 64 leading motoring journalists from over 30 countries voted the 2.0 litre TFSI the “International Engine of the Year” in the 1.8 to 2.0-litre category. This engine is available in India in the Audi A4 and the Audi Q5, reinforcing Audi as a manufacturer of progressive, sophisticated and technically superior luxury cars.
The entire Audi model range comprising the Audi Q5, the new Audi A6, the Audi A8, the Audi Q7, the Audi A4, the Audi TT and the super sports car Audi R8 is available at 11 dealerships across the country: in Delhi, Gurgaon, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai and Kochi.

Audi India > news > Pool > Audi India: Records best-ever sales in June 2009
Old 14th July 2009, 12:22   #81
BHPian

Fiats deserve much more numbers than what they are achieving now...
But since, with launch of hugely popular Punto and Linea and some good after sales service support, we can hope to see a revival of the Italy Major. 1300 in 13 days is a gr88 number for Punto..

I am sad to see the numbers for Optra Magnum.. its a beautiful car and a bad marketing strategy and bad pricing will ruin this car in India, if its not corrected soon and with Chevy Cruze soon to be launched and placed above Optra (according to reports), it will be an death blow to optra magnum and in the long run will result the same for Cruze....
Old 14th July 2009, 16:37   #82
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Vehicle sales in June 2009: 204 cars, growth of 165 percent
One of the numbers I was waiting for. Thanks for sharing Sid!

Impressive performance, Audi! BMW sold 289 cars in June, and Mercedes 200. Net net, Audi's overtaken Mercedes. This is HUGE...most people (including me) would have thought it impossible only a year back. I'm certain the Audi boys haven't stopped celebrating.

Butttttttttttttttttttttttttt : The question remains:

1. Why is Audi unwilling to share the breakup? Is it because its SUV sales account for 60 - 70% of the total?

2. Why will Audi not submit its sales information to SIAM?
Old 14th July 2009, 16:59   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Butttttttttttttttttttttttttt : The question remains:

1. Why is Audi unwilling to share the breakup? Is it because its SUV sales account for 60 - 70% of the total?

2. Why will Audi not submit its sales information to SIAM?

Just to speculate, Reasons could be

1. AUDI is not a member of SIAM, hence will not share the details to SIAM
2. it could be AUDI policy to announce their sales figures through their own press release just to ensure that they are not misquoted.
3. Aud India is not allowed to talk to the press directly, every release need to be vetted by Audi Corporate hence the delay.
4. regarding not giving the break up of models, it could be becasue they do not want to segmentize thier products (only this one sells, this one does not).

More over thier customer base is very elite class where the direct communication of the propositions and company position messaging could be done. It need not be done through mass media or industry association.

this is just my feeling, need not be true.
Old 14th July 2009, 18:27   #84
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
this is just my feeling, need not be true.
Umm, no offence, but I do not agree with any of your first 3 points.
Old 14th July 2009, 18:42   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
• Its heartening to see India’s only affordable 4x4 – The Maruti Gypsy – still selling 190 cars across India. Offroaders rejoice!

• Best selling premium SUV? The Mitsubishi Pajero at a June score of 163, followed by the Endeavour with 151 cars.
As someone that bought the Paj just a year ago, it is great to see that there is still a significant fan following for the old warrior.
And as someone that hasn't yet given up on his Gypsy dreams, this is good news as well
Old 16th July 2009, 15:19   #86
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_payne View Post
Very good, comprehensive report as always.

One suggestion: Is it possible to split the "Hatchbacks" section into two parts - based on either size or price? Of course to mention what variants sell the highest (if the report gets to that level).

Considering the new breed of "premium" hatchbacks out there - i20, Jazz, Punto, Swift, Vista, Fabia etc. -, I guess it would be a useful value add.

Cheers!
Payne
Ditto to this can we do this.

Also can we know the specific sales of Auto x'mission cars.
Old 17th July 2009, 13:41   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
In the sales sheet, it says that Tata sold around 3500 UV-Van types. Which are these vehicles? Winger and Magic?
+1. I am curious to see Winger numbers. I found that some cab operators bought Wingers (to replace the Indicas which cater to call centers) when Winger was launched, and then I haven't seen any new ones on the road. Or may be they are targeted towards rural market, but then can they pack them up like good ol' Mahindras?

Did TATA fail to market the Winger? I don't agree that market does not exist for this class of vehicles...
Old 17th July 2009, 13:45   #88
Team-BHP Support

In our apartment building one chap has bought "magic". Its basically ACE with seats. I think Tatas Nanno answer to the innova?
Its still unregistered, so I have no idea whether it will get white plates or not!
Old 17th July 2009, 15:00   #89
Team-BHP Support

Most Wingers I see, look pretty ropey not as tough as it should be
Old 17th July 2009, 15:13   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
+1. I am curious to see Winger numbers. I found that some cab operators bought Wingers (to replace the Indicas which cater to call centers) when Winger was launched, and then I haven't seen any new ones on the road. Or may be they are targeted towards rural market, but then can they pack them up like good ol' Mahindras?

Did TATA fail to market the Winger? I don't agree that market does not exist for this class of vehicles...
The Winger is a big hit here in Assam, with the short haul (<200km) public transport operators. Tata Ace Magic is also seen in large numbers with autorickshaw type doors which are operated in shorter routes. Before the advent of these two models Tata Spacio (Soft top) was a rage. I think the North-east is a major market for these models.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks