Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Most logical and Practical Hatch for the price.
Chevrolet Aveo U-VA 6 2.39%
Fiat Punto 77 30.68%
Ford Fusion 60 23.90%
Honda Jazz 7 2.79%
Hyundai I20 57 22.71%
Maruti Ritz 39 15.54%
Skoda Fabia 5 1.99%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 15:07   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Well, you really can't.

But I am pretty sure you can squeeze the 165 liter into a Fusion (easily). Here's a list of things I have carried in the car with ease.
1. 5KVa UPS from Microtec, weighting about 50 Kgs. Without folding the seats. Plus 3 people in the car.
2. Baby cot (full size), pram, baby car seat, harness, plus regular luggage with seats folded flat. All in one go. Not to mention the Baby and the Mom as well.
3. A folding futon, folded and dumped in. With the mattress.

In all cases, the boot lid was closed. And yes, it surely fits in a Flower Pot and a Mountain Bike (touche Honda).

Das
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
+1.

Of course without the baby and the mom. The father of the baby was the passenger tho' with me driving the car.
ha ha that perfectly explains the best of the boot size available in this car, damn i love this car.
Old 20th July 2009, 15:16   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojkgopalan View Post
I have few queries after watching the thread. I liked the vehicle from the day it introduced. But because of the so called stories about ford service, I didnt made the decision to go for it. Now is it wise to go for it? I also feel that it is near the end of its life. But I still liked the concept, the size etc. Can anyone suggest?
While Ford service is definitely not as good as Maruti or Hyundai. It is not too bad either. Shares the boat with others like Honda.

Parts tend to be expensive, but then you must stop looking at the car like a hatch. Compare it with a C-segment Sedan and things fall into perspective.

How is the Ford dealership in your region. Or simply, how many Fiestas and Ikons (and Fusions if any) do you see on the roads around your city?

Like I saw many more Fiestas and Fusions in Mangalore than I can see in Bangalore. I guess people like the car there and service should be decent.

If you see a decent number check with the owners about service.

Even after so many years, the Fusion can still hold a candle against similar and even more expensively priced competition. It still is a great car making a lot of sense!

But then it sure is an offbeat decision and you have to go against many odds to make that decision. If you fine with it, go for it. You will not regret. And some issues you may have with the service etc. will be more than offset with what the car offers in driving pleasure, solidity, handling and features.
Old 20th July 2009, 18:31   #108
Senior - BHPian

One must remember that When compared to a Honda, Ford parts are actually cheaper. It's a myth that one should go to the service center and clear personally. Hyundai is a different case though.
Old 31st July 2009, 11:02   #109
Senior - BHPian

I have heard from a reliable source that the Fusion is getting axed soon.
Old 31st July 2009, 11:38   #110
BANNED

People had same question about Baleno also - my reply is same:
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Ajay Devgan produced & starred in a movie called 'Raju Chacha' in 2000. The film bombed at the box office. Many years later, he claimed that his film was ahead of its time and if it was released now, it would have been a hit. His argument was multiplex culture would have ensured it a hit.

For me, this Baleno being 'ahead of its time' argument sounds similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Do you think Maruti Suzuki Baleno, though a dated car in other countries, was a car that came to India (and left, too) ahead of its time in India?
Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Ford Fusion a superhatch before its prime
My vote Jazz - since it gives unmatched convenience. I think Jazz has more leg space than Fusion.
Old 15th September 2009, 00:01   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
I have heard from a reliable source that the Fusion is getting axed soon.
@devarshi, its been more than 2 months since your post. Any idea what is the timeline Ford is looking at for the 'Fusion' to R.I.P?

And if that is the case, what is the replacement automobile? I ask this because I am considering buying a new diesel car and Fusion is one of the options on my radar. Kindly enlighten us on the subject, please.
Old 15th September 2009, 10:59   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
@devarshi, its been more than 2 months since your post. Any idea what is the timeline Ford is looking at for the 'Fusion' to R.I.P?

And if that is the case, what is the replacement automobile? I ask this because I am considering buying a new diesel car and Fusion is one of the options on my radar. Kindly enlighten us on the subject, please.

I agree with devarshi. Fusion is getting the axe. Fusion production will stop by October 2009. No replacement as of now. However, if you are not particular about resale value and plan to keep the car for a long time, this should not be a constraint for you. If you like the car, my advice is to go ahead and buy it.
Old 15th September 2009, 12:57   #113
BHPian

Great Hatch

The Fusion is a great hatch. While purchasing my Fiesta, I had a chance to compare the two and it is more roomy for driver, has more leg room in the back and shares the drivability of the Fiesta - a true driver's hatch.

There are a couple of CONs -
1) Vry Poor resale value - too expensive to compete with the Santros and vry low on customer recognition
2) Fiesta feels faster and more Agile
3) I was scared making tight turns in this Hatch;
Lot of power + High CG + bad Indian roads == Watch out
Old 15th September 2009, 13:44   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
I agree with devarshi. Fusion is getting the axe. Fusion production will stop by October 2009. No replacement as of now. However, if you are not particular about resale value and plan to keep the car for a long time, this should not be a constraint for you. If you like the car, my advice is to go ahead and buy it.
@chennai-indian,

Thanks for the update. Will keep this in mind. I am still in early stages of shortlisting my options. Will put in a detailed post in the 'What Car' category soon enough. I quite like the Fusion myself, but will have to consider the long-term impact of the car that might go out of production in a month's time from now.

Last edited by wanderlustindia : 15th September 2009 at 13:47. Reason: Post reworded
Old 15th September 2009, 14:20   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
@chennai-indian,

Thanks for the update. Will keep this in mind. I am still in early stages of shortlisting my options. Will put in a detailed post in the 'What Car' category soon enough. I quite like the Fusion myself, but will have to consider the long-term impact of the car that might go out of production in a month's time from now.
There is a thread on possible new hatch from Ford. It may make more sense to do research on that or wait beore deciding on Fusion.
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:30   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
As per the discussions on the Fusion forum, it may be produced when demanded. Dies are there, so better use them. Only wish the brought it up to age with ABS and some niceties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Spd View Post
There are a couple of CONs -
1) Vry Poor resale value - too expensive to compete with the Santros and vry low on customer recognition
2) Fiesta feels faster and more Agile
3) I was scared making tight turns in this Hatch;
Lot of power + High CG + bad Indian roads == Watch out
1. Very true. Hence, makes a lot of sense used as well.
2. Possibly. Also you sit lower in a Fiesta.
3. Not true. In fact it is shorter than most tall boys (WagonR, Santro) and even the Swift! Plus the rigid suspension make it a great handler. You can throw it into a corner with confidence unmatched by many sedans. Try it out! Add to that it is hardly undertyred. Comes with great tyres stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
There is a thread on possible new hatch from Ford. It may make more sense to do research on that or wait beore deciding on Fusion.
True. But it will be much smaller than the Fusion. Based on the UK Fiesta (as seen here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1482499 . Looks like the Fusion on the side, but it is not!
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:33   #117
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

sad - the Fusion really was a superhatch before its time in our weird market.
personally I love that car - if only they had introduced a 4WD version and Diesel Power at the outset itself rather than try and push only the petrol version!
the Fusion TDCI Plus was very well loaded with ABS etc which made a huge difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks