Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Most logical and Practical Hatch for the price.
Chevrolet Aveo U-VA 6 2.39%
Fiat Punto 77 30.68%
Ford Fusion 60 23.90%
Honda Jazz 7 2.79%
Hyundai I20 57 22.71%
Maruti Ritz 39 15.54%
Skoda Fabia 5 1.99%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 11:55   #61
BHPian

My vote goes to Maruti Ritz. Its well priced and well equipped with decent mileage as well.
Old 15th July 2009, 14:51   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Admittedly, I never spent too much time thinking about the Fusion. I thought Ford did a terrible job of managing its positioning.

Butttttttttttttttttttt

Quote:
Ford Fusion a superhatch before its prime?
After reading up on some of this thread's responses, I'd say YES. The Fusion was probably ahead of its time. Maybe it wouldn't have ended up as the best selling 6 lakh car of 2009, but the Fusion would surely have enjoyed wider acceptability today. It is only in the recent past that 6 lakh rupee hatches have gained a comfort level in the minds of the Indian car buyer. Nothing is really wrong with the Fusion (save for the stiff ride), and it does better other 6 lakh cars in some ways. Personally, I think she's a heck of a drive too (typically Ford).

Unfortunately, once a product has suffered market failure for 3 - 4 years at a stretch, it's very difficult to stimulate demand again. The Fusion's case is closed in India.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

Not only was the Ford ahead of its time, it also suffered from dull design, big (and therefore perceived as thirsty) petrol engine and Ford refusing to market it as a hatch.

The 4m trim job and the diesel came too late and Ford did a terrible job of marketing that. I doubt if the i-20, Jazz and Punto-D buyers even know if it exists.
Old 15th July 2009, 18:29   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
The 4m trim job and the diesel came too late and Ford did a terrible job of marketing that. I doubt if the i-20, Jazz and Punto-D buyers even know if it exists.
Exactly , i was not aware of the Fusion till i bumped in to this thread, only after reading throught the post i thought i should be looking at this car as well, and guess what, i started believing this might be the solution to my car needs. Awesome mileage as given by the sales person, the sales person claims 22 - 27 in highways and 17 - 20 in city, he also said these are customer feedbacks and the company claim is 33 KMPL.
Old 15th July 2009, 19:36   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Exactly , i was not aware of the Fusion till i bumped in to this thread, only after reading throught the post i thought i should be looking at this car as well, and guess what, i started believing this might be the solution to my car needs. Awesome mileage as given by the sales person, the sales person claims 22 - 27 in highways and 17 - 20 in city, he also said these are customer feedbacks and the company claim is 33 KMPL.
The Fusion is tall and can be dark though not handsome, but one sensible car.
I've had a TD of the same, its really a good car. As for FE you can expect 20-24 on a diesel as per my friend who drives a bit lame.
Old 15th July 2009, 22:45   #66
Senior - BHPian

The last few posts explain my thoughts precisely. Ford people surely try their best to give good service and products ( they not really have done the best job with it though). The mondeo, Fiesta and Endeavour reflect my statements to the T.

I just wonder why if people can stop buying skoda upon recommendation, why cant the Fusion sell more?

Dont we need the good products to survive in this country other than Suzuki's and Hyundai's?
Old 15th July 2009, 23:40   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Surprisingly the dash had "AIRBAG" written over it and i asked the Sales person does it have airbags and he said "no sir", it is just printed . Could someone please confirm it?
It does not have the AirBag even in the high end model. May be Ford is trying to add this feature too.
As per my personal exp the petrol version gives a mileage upto 15-17km on Highway. When i saw this car 1.5 yrs ago, I just decided that this may be my next car. It does suite all my requirement that I was exactly looking in a car. A bit SUV look with 5 seating capacity. Good power and bigger space. High GC to cruise almost each and every Indian road.
Old 16th July 2009, 08:02   #68
NIP
Senior - BHPian

well...since we're at it, here's some pics of my fusion:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fusion a superhatch before its prime?-fusion_coorg1.jpg  

Ford Fusion a superhatch before its prime?-ff3.jpg  

Ford Fusion a superhatch before its prime?-ff5.jpg  

Ford Fusion a superhatch before its prime?-ff10.jpg  

Ford Fusion a superhatch before its prime?-seats1.jpg  

Ford Fusion a superhatch before its prime?-seats5.jpg  

Ford Fusion a superhatch before its prime?-ff9.jpg  

Old 16th July 2009, 09:03   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
well...since we're at it, here's some pics of my fusion:
Nice Pictures NIP. Nicely detailed car and well maintained. How many km has it done?

Just one question. What happened to the Stereo? Or you didn't install one as yet?
Old 16th July 2009, 09:33   #70
NIP
Senior - BHPian

These were pics i shot when it was brand new and also just after I got the seats done. I now have a kenwood HU with USB with JBL speakers in the front door only. Sounds fabulous

EDIT: It still looks the same now
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fusion a superhatch before its prime?-kenwood40361.jpg  

Ford Fusion a superhatch before its prime?-kenwood40362.jpg  

Last edited by NIP : 16th July 2009 at 09:37.
Old 16th July 2009, 10:02   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
EDIT: It still looks the same now
True!

Fusions age well if looked after decently (even with some abuse). Both exterior and interior.

Despite complaints of poor quality (tacky) plastics, they hold well and last.

I hope you have seen the pics of my car: here and here.

Got a Dec, 2005 model used and had 42,xxx km on the Odo.

Looks like you are in Bangalore (number plate visible). Are you a member of the Ford Fusion Yahoo Group?
Old 16th July 2009, 10:04   #72
Senior - BHPian

Any comparison between Ford Fusion and Honda Jazz, the new kid on the block which claims to be the super hatch of the country?

Jazz's USP is its space and practicality, something which was claimed by Fusion 5 years back at lesser price (though considered much higher at that time).
Old 16th July 2009, 10:47   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Any comparison between Ford Fusion and Honda Jazz, the new kid on the block which claims to be the super hatch of the country?

Jazz's USP is its space and practicality, something which was claimed by Fusion 5 years back at lesser price (though considered much higher at that time).
This should have been what this thread needs to discuss. Not compare Fusion with Punto, i10, Ritz etc.,
Old 16th July 2009, 11:20   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post

I am planning to do the comparison and put it in excel sheet for all the car that we are Voting for in this thread

Here is some more pic of my Fusion.
Fusion 2007 - arin_12's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP
Old 16th July 2009, 11:23   #75
BHPian

Looks does matter .

More than 4 persons told me that it looked l weird, somebody told me looks like a frog etc etc.

Heard similar reactions(but in lesser extent) for swift when it was launched

But it was maruti launched at great price and this is Ford with insane price.

So the result.

What to say. A very good product failed because of failed strategy.

Most Viewed