Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:22   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
That's what the rumor was all about!
4.1laks on road and 60k discount! Thats fabulous, I beleive its gonna hit maruti's estilo and the new wagonR very badly. Even the swift LXi??

No engine modifications have been done, Just cosmetic changes.
so it must be detuned with new norms getting applicable next year to its 1.1 engine.
Those discounts are on current santros to clear up discounts which is a good deal but new one just around i dont think many are there to take it.
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:25   #137
Senior - BHPian

So here we have a New Santro. With exciting interiors, stylish exterior for and a 1.1 ltr engine for sporty handling. With an ECU inside, its smarter than others.

I am basically very tired of these *NEW* cars or smarter cars. If at all there are any changes in powertrain, I can call it smarter, rest all cosmetic upgrade to fool indian customers.

There is nothing particularly new in the car and its nothing but cosmetic upgrade. Santro sales were falling fast and i10 were rising fast. Unlike Maruti, Hyundai is not able to sell two generations of cars simultaneously.

Some news article :
Source : Hyundai launches smarter Santro

Article :
Quote:
Hyundai Motor India, on Wednesday, launched a refurbished model of its entry-level hatchback, Santro. The cost ranges from Rs 2.64 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) for the non-AC version to Rs 3.69 lakh for the GLS (LPG) variant.

According to a company press release, the new Santro will have body coloured radiator grille, full wheel cover and a rear spoiler.

Inside, the Santro gets new fabric in dual tone beige and brown with silver touches at multiple locations. A rear parcel tray has been added.
So, its same old story of nothing particularly changed, but named new.
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:44   #138
Senior - BHPian

what a damp squid. maybe we expected a lot more from the korean.
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:07   #139
BANNED

i expected something better from hyundai..the so called all new is all bad.

earlier santro looked far more better
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:37   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
So here we have a New Santro. With exciting interiors, stylish exterior for and a 1.1 ltr engine for sporty handling. With an ECU inside, its smarter than others.

I am basically very tired of these *NEW* cars or smarter cars. If at all there are any changes in powertrain, I can call it smarter, rest all cosmetic upgrade to fool indian customers.

There is nothing particularly new in the car and its nothing but cosmetic upgrade. Santro sales were falling fast and i10 were rising fast. Unlike Maruti, Hyundai is not able to sell two generations of cars simultaneously.

Some news article :
Source : Hyundai launches smarter Santro

Article :

So, its same old story of nothing particularly changed, but named new.
aaggoswami: do you have data to back that statement ("Santro sales were falling fast and i10 were rising fast"). All-India, through 2009?
Old 5th September 2009, 12:37   #141
Senior - BHPian

What Hyundai should have learnt while refreshing the Santro

Santro is a car that only looks average, much better in is xing avatar. But seems that on its latest refresh, it looks very chinese with that tacky grille and that 80s era wheel covers.

Today, my car gets a second life,at 63000 kms of course after all that mess and I think that now the car looks good. What say?

Hyundai should have retained the chrome grille and add these wheelcaps instead of those cheap ones.

The only thing I need to change is the number plate and find locales where the photoshoot can be done properly in Delhi. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
New Santro expected in Dec '09-dsc01129.jpg  

New Santro expected in Dec '09-dsc01130.jpg  

New Santro expected in Dec '09-dsc01131.jpg  

New Santro expected in Dec '09-dsc01132.jpg  

New Santro expected in Dec '09-dsc01133.jpg  

New Santro expected in Dec '09-dsc01134.jpg  

New Santro expected in Dec '09-dsc01135.jpg  

New Santro expected in Dec '09-dsc01136.jpg  

Old 5th September 2009, 13:11   #142
BHPian

According to me, this is one of the best cars the indian road has got, but sure agree with your point. Hyundai should improve on its santro version
Old 5th September 2009, 14:33   #143
Senior - BHPian

nice pics. The latest version from Hyundai on santro is a joke on calling it a new version.

There is nothing new to call in that version. So you got your vehicle back. Well that was quick.
Old 5th September 2009, 15:50   #144
Senior - BHPian

may i know what are those black tiedowns in front for?

This santro 'upgrade' is totally nonsensical and looks like a panic response to match the estillo facelift.
Old 6th September 2009, 21:47   #145

So much for the new Santro !!

I thought the gap between the current xing and the new one would be as much as Xing and Zip drive of yester years. But this one? The one thing I liked most about Santro was the Chrome Grille. Common, thats what they have in their 8L sedan Verna right :-).

Well, this is a car with 2 spoilers, one at the rear and the other at the front
Old 7th September 2009, 11:46   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
nice pics. The ltest version from Hyundai on santro is a joke on calling it a new version.

There is nothing new to call in that version. So you got your vehicle back. Well that was quick.
Absolutely. The 'facelifted' Santro hardly has any changes to be called a new Santro. It really surprises why Hyundai had to launch such a version at all?
Old 7th September 2009, 12:42   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prada View Post
It really surprises why Hyundai had to launch such a version at all?
well thats with the reason being santro being only hyundai's entry level car to compete with sparks,alto's and i10 is a step above this as a car as well as in price range, with i10 sales picking up and santro's dropping, this new car came up, with nothing else to say about.
Old 7th September 2009, 21:16   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The only thing I need to change is the number plate and find locales where the photoshoot can be done properly in Delhi. Any suggestions?
Try the Ridge (Mandir Lane near Shankar Road) or anywhere in the vicinity if you want a woods type backdrop. Or try somewhere in the green and rocky areas of Vasant Kunj and Rangpuri; else Emporio in the backdrop and some nice photoshop work will make it look like a pic taken in Dubai.
Old 8th September 2009, 00:02   #149
BHPian

I feel Santro is one of the people's car in india. its a proven product & people seldom ave second thoughts when they buy one
I personally expected a good change on the exterior so that it creates an excitement for a customer...but this is dissapointing..there has been really no notable changes...
Old 8th September 2009, 01:23   #150
BHPian

IMO, the revival of santro is because of not so expected i10 sales.

Hyundai has to refresh their still the flagship brand santro.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks