Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 08:00   #151
Senior - BHPian

I dont have a magnifying glass. can someone spot the changes for me??
Old 12th September 2009, 13:49   #152
BHPian

New Santro Pics

Hi guys,

Yesterday had been to the Hyundai showroom in Outer Ring Road to give my Getz for the free check up camp. When i was waiting to get my car, i thought of paying a visit to the showroom above the service center to see the facelifted Santro. I clicked a few pics too but pardon my quality of pics thanks to my 2mpx cam. On the first sight its hardly differentiable with the previous model. Only the second glance shows its so-called 'newness'.
Attached Thumbnails
New Santro expected in Dec '09-abcd0001.jpg  

New Santro expected in Dec '09-abcd0002.jpg  

New Santro expected in Dec '09-abcd0003.jpg  

New Santro expected in Dec '09-abcd0004.jpg  

New Santro expected in Dec '09-abcd0005.jpg  

Old 11th June 2011, 13:33   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Santro expected in Dec '09

Hi people,can anyone please tell me if there is going to be any NEW SANTRO?Had read earlier that there could be facelift akin to Picanto.We are planning to replace our 6yr old santro with Santro/Wagon R.
Old 11th June 2011, 14:11   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Hi people,can anyone please tell me if there is going to be any NEW SANTRO?Had read earlier that there could be facelift akin to Picanto.We are planning to replace our 6yr old santro with Santro/Wagon R.
There is no concrete information about new Santro. I guess Hyundai is still happy to sell this old model for some more time. Since you already have Santro for past six years, I will suggest you to try WagonR this time. It's new and comes with factory fitted CNG/LPG kit.

EDIT - If it has to be a hyundai then you can check i10 too.

Last edited by bluevolt : 11th June 2011 at 14:34.
Old 11th June 2011, 14:16   #155
BHPian

As far as rumor mills suggest, Hyundai HA with 850 cc mill should be launched as early as Sep / Oct.
Old 11th June 2011, 14:22   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We are planning to replace our 6yr old santro with Santro/Wagon R.
Any particular reason for replacement? Or is it just that the current car is 6 years old and you just want a new car?

Also since the GL Plus is just out, dont think there will be a new Santro soon. And we have not read any news on the same nor anyone has spotted any scoops.

Also any particular reason why you are looking at the Wagon R ?
Old 11th June 2011, 14:46   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Any particular reason for replacement? Or is it just that the current car is 6 years old and you just want a new car?

Also since the GL Plus is just out, dont think there will be a new Santro soon. And we have not read any news on the same nor anyone has spotted any scoops.

Also any particular reason why you are looking at the Wagon R ?
We are planning to replace it as there are many issues involved,lots of rattle and creaking from inside as well the suspension units esp rear,rusting at many places inspite of getting anti-rust coating from HASS,high speed(even 80kmph and over) stability not great.The car is 6yrs old but due to the condition of roads that we had till few years ago,it has suffered a lot.
Considering only Santro or Wagon R as its primarily to be used by dad wherein he requires easy egress/ingress and taking out anything wider than these cars is a pain here.Dad is happy with the all round visiblity of santro.
Old 11th June 2011, 14:53   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Considering only Santro or Wagon R as its primarily to be used by dad wherein he requires easy egress/ingress and taking out anything wider than these cars is a pain here.Dad is happy with the all round visiblity of santro.
Then you should go for WagonR. It is best suited for tall/elder people due to easy egress/ingress, tall boy design, very spacious interiors. Go for WagonR as it has latest K series engine, contemporary looks and Maruti Service. The current Wagonr is superior in all aspects when compared to Santro. WagonR will offer you better resale value as it is new in market. The WagonR's visibility is even better than Santro.

Last edited by bluevolt : 11th June 2011 at 14:56.
Old 11th June 2011, 20:52   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Then you should go for WagonR. It is best suited for tall/elder people due to easy egress/ingress, tall boy design, very spacious interiors. Go for WagonR as it has latest K series engine, contemporary looks and Maruti Service. The current Wagonr is superior in all aspects when compared to Santro. WagonR will offer you better resale value as it is new in market. The WagonR's visibility is even better than Santro.
I would suggest that you also take a look at the I10 as well. It has good ingress/egress without the unnecessary height (and greater body roll) of the Wagon-R. The I10 VTVT Magna is an excellent car, while even the cheaper I10 Era with the 1.1 ltr engine may be a better option to the Wagon R. The interiors of the I10 are great and driver has a great view of the road. If you have been happy with your Santro (sales/service) do consider its elder sibling.
Old 11th June 2011, 22:31   #160
Senior - BHPian

Got a pic of the new Santro or the H800.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp New santro.bmp (239.6 KB, 1906 views)
Old 11th June 2011, 23:01   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Something is definitely wrong here. This looks more like an upgrade / newer model of the i10. And if this is indeed the new Santro or H800 (cheapest car in the Hyundai stable), then it will definitely cannibalize the i10. Weird.
Old 12th June 2011, 00:44   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
When is this coming?

I just hope that they keep the width as much as santro only.

Most Viewed