Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 10:32   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
did they approach you for publishing those!!looks like cheap gimmicks to me!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Haha! Bunch of fools they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
another one: http://www.******************/stop-p...g-in-december/
Old 24th July 2009, 10:36   #62
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a whole lot of confusion between the kia picanto and the santro.
The santro is based on a chassis that dates back to 1997 (atos) and will continue to use the same, only some minor cosmetic differences-like the wagon R which had 2 facelifts.
The kia picanto is based on a shortened getz platform and was introduced in 2004.
So, kindly do not consider that car here.
Old 24th July 2009, 10:39   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
C'mon atleast dont accuse bsmotoring of plagiarism... they are a motoring mag and may even have better sources in the industry than you. If you can get the details, why cant they???
Old 24th July 2009, 11:02   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
C'mon atleast dont accuse bsmotoring of plagiarism... they are a motoring mag and may even have better sources in the industry than you. If you can get the details, why cant they???
Exactly what i was thinking! News can possibly originate from one source, but there would be many takers for the same.
Old 28th August 2009, 19:20   #65
BHPian

The facelifted Santro is coming on September 1st.

Hyundai to launch all new Santro, pull back Getz
Old 28th August 2009, 22:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

yes.. it is indeed coming on 1st SEPT
Old 29th August 2009, 12:39   #67
Senior - BHPian

yes the source does reveals that new santro is surely coming this september, but also statedthat Getz would be completly phased out, diesel already out and now petrol ones too would be discountinued.
Old 29th August 2009, 15:59   #68
Senior - BHPian

The grapevine says that Xing has been rechristened as Santro CEO. The guy from whom I got this update is indirectly related to the Promotions and told that earlier they decided on the name Santro Pa, but later changed it to CEO.

Lets see if he's correct or not.
Old 29th August 2009, 17:48   #69
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE:

New Santro Changes:
  • updated body coloured grill
  • dual tone beige interiors with i10 i-relax front seats
  • rear spoiler and full wheel cover* on top varient
  • As was told, no further exterior changes
  • maybe AC control buttons may be changed.
again, most of the info is subject to be correct. Or else Hyundai have something on its sleeve..
Old 29th August 2009, 22:06   #70
BHPian

New Santro on Sep 1, Santa Fe next year...

Hi there,

According to reports in the Economic Times and a TOI today, Hyundai Motor India managing director and chief executive H.S. Lheem has stated that the revised version of the Santro will be launched on September 1.

He is also reported to have stated that the Santa Fe will be launched next next year and an 800 cc car by 2011.

The two reports are mentioned below.

Thanks,
Melvyn

Hyundai to launch redone Santro, phase out Getz

29 Aug 2009, 1438 hrs IST, IANS

NEW DELHI: Hyundai India Motor Friday said it will phase out its premium hatchback Getz by 2011 but launch a revised version of Santro next month.

"The Getz will be phased out in two years," said company managing director and chief executive H.S. Lheem at the annual convention of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) here.

"We will launch a revised version of the Santro on Sep 1, and an 800 cc car in a few years," Lheem told reporters on the sidelines of the event, but declined to give further details.

Maintaining that Hyundai hoped to sell about 5.5 lakh units, including exports, this fiscal, he said: "We expect to export about 2.7 lakh vehicles and about 2.8 lakh in the domestic market."

Lheem said the company will shift the production of its i-20 model for export purposes to Europe mid-next year due to logistical reasons. The company expects better sales in the upcoming festive season.

"We expect to sell around 40,000 i-20s this year," Lheem said.

Hyundai will also ramp up its production from two shifts to three, which will increase the capacity from 2,000 units a day to about 2,500 units, from Sep 14.

(SOURCE: Hyundai to launch redone Santro, phase out Getz- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times)

Hyundai to introduce Santa Fe next year, 800cc car by 2011

PTI 28 August 2009, 11:40am IST

NEW DELHI:
Korean carmaker Hyundai Motor plans to launch its sports utility vehicle - Santa Fe - in India by next year.

The company is also planning to launch an 800cc small car in the country by 2011.

"We will be bringing in the Santa Fe to India by next year and we also hope to bring our smaller car than Santro, which will be an 800 cc vehicle, by 2011," Hyundai Motor India Managing Director H S Lheem told reporters on the sideline of the SIAM annual convention here.

He, however, did not divulge details like price range of the two cars.

Hyundai Motor India, India's largest car exporter, also plans to raise its sales in the overseas market this year.

Last year, we exported 2.45 lakh units to over 100 countries from India. This year we are targeting an exports figure of 2.7 lakh units, Lheem said, adding that it is looking at increasing domestic sales to 2.8 lakh units this year from 2.45 lakh units in 2008.

The carmaker is also shifting the production base of hatchback
i20 to one of its European plants. "This will be done to save logistics expenses and import duty in the European market," Lheem said.

(SOURCE: Hyundai to introduce Santa Fe next year, 800cc car by 2011 - India Business - Business - NEWS - The Times of India)
Old 29th August 2009, 22:24   #71
BHPian

Any info on whether any discounts are being offered on the present Santro?

I don't see anything worth waiting for in the new one.
Old 29th August 2009, 23:28   #72
BHPian

wow! yummmmy! I hope it is true!

I especially like the following
  • new instrument cluster with tachometer (on higher end versions) with electric
  • improved spring and damper rates of the rear suspension for better ride quality*
  • a bit stiffer front suspension with anti-roll bar of a bigger size*
I had been praying for these things to happen, mainly 1 and 2!

But this said, it seems contrary to normal logic/trend. The current trend I am seeing is, they have taken out the top end Santro model ( with spoilers , other garnishes), making Santro cheaper, there by widening the gap ( reducing the overlap) between Santro and i10. So one would expect, in the future, they will reduce to Santro to just base model (like Accent's case), and may be phase out Santro, if the sales reduce below a thershold.

And now!! It seems, they are reviving and refreshing it!! I am totally surprised, but very happy about it and welcome it, if it materialises.

The 800 cc car by Hyundai! now that will be interesting! With the commendable ( for this segment) build quality, refinement and A.S.S of Hyundai, we might have a M800/Alto/A-Star killer. But is it a case of too little, too late?

Last edited by rageshgr : 29th August 2009 at 23:35.
Old 29th August 2009, 23:44   #73
Senior - BHPian

Bare basis cosmetic changes will not bring in the sales numbers which Hyundai is hoping.
I hope they come up with more fuel efficient engines & refreshing styling to keep pace with Maruti's.
Old 30th August 2009, 13:54   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Bare basis cosmetic changes will not bring in the sales numbers which Hyundai is hoping.
I hope they come up with more fuel efficient engines & refreshing styling to keep pace with Maruti's.

and a BS4 engine..
Old 30th August 2009, 17:57   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
and a BS4 engine..

I read that they are just tweaking the existing engine to make it Euro 4 compliant. Its not a new engine

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks