Team-BHP - Best Mini Car (A, A+ Segment) barring price.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Best Mini Car (A, A+ Segment) barring price. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/61552-best-mini-car-segment-barring-price.html)

I know I have included CBU's in the fight because I wanted to know which car is the best in Indian viewers eyes. My vote goes to the cute Fiat 500... The list of cars include already launched or soon to be launched compacts also.

Excellent thread.
Can we add more cars to the poll. If we are putting in i10 as a separate entry from Santro, same has to be done for Alto/A-star. A-star and Alto have to different entries.

EDIT :
1) Chevrolet Beat/Chevrolet Spark 2009 is yet to hit the market, so IMHO its not worth adding it to the list along with Mini Cooper.
2) Where is Maurti Wagon R ?

@mods : Can we have necessary changes like A-Star and Alto as separate entries ? I can vote then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1380441)
Can we add more cars to the poll. If we are putting in i10 as a separate entry from Santro, same has to be done for Alto/A-star. A-star and Alto have to different entries.

Internationally the i10 and Santro are different but the Alto and A-Star are the same- although the moderators could include another Alto Classic if they like... although I have put Chevrolet Spark and Beat as different because internationally they ARE two different cars.

EDIT:

I may have forgotten the Wagon R but as I have already mentioned in my first post these cars are to-be-released cars included and Mini and Beetle are confirmed to release in India. And again, thanx for the compliment.

Without the Suzuki Ritz i am not voting in this poll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 1380545)
Without the Suzuki Ritz i am not voting in this poll.

You actually want to force a B+ Segment Ritz into an A segment poll? Or is it the judgement that 'because the Mini Cooper/ Beetle/ 500 is here I want the Ritz too- then if I include the Ritz someone will say Swift and U-VA and so on so lets just stck with similarly sized cars for now barring the price. If you still dont want to vote- your wish!:)

I fail to understand how Beetle/Mini/500 can be called A/A+ segment cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by autocarcr (Post 1380567)
lets just stck with similarly sized cars for now barring the price.

So you mean you are comparing size?

Let me throw in some data for you

Ritz Length 146 inch
Ritz width 66 inch
Volkswagen Beetle 2009 Length 161 inch
Volkswagen Beetle 2009 width 67.9 inch
Mini Cooper 2009 Length 145.6 inch
Mini Cooper 2009 width 66.3 inch
A Star Length 137 inch
A Star width 62 inch

Question 1. Now if Beetle and Mini belong to A/A+ segment, where does the poor A Star go? A- segment ? Where is the Reva then ? A-- ?
Question 2. Whats so remarkably different comparing the *size only* of Ritz and Mini Cooper?

I really think the criteria for a certain car to qualify for participation in this poll have not been defined well. The CBU's aren't A/A+ by any means. And if they're included just for size, then why not the B's? It's rather hazy if you ask me. The criteria should either be price or size. It can't be both.

Well honestly, the Cooper, Beetle and 500 should have got all the votes. Why would anyone vote for the others? Since its a contest where price isn't a factor, the rest don't stand a chance :). Those who did vote for them subconsciously included the price when they decided on their choice.