Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 01:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes to Car n Bike Show.

Shan2nu
Old 13th July 2009, 01:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

cnbc overdrive and then next comes ndtv.
i find times drive extremely immature and childish they are trying to be funny in a top gear kinda of a way(well no one can be jeremy clarkson except himself). I rember one of the lame hosts wearing a wig to test drive a scooty.
then that imbecile called The Nano the cheapest Porshe because it was the cheapest rear engine/wheel drive car. They are trying very hard to be funny.
Old 13th July 2009, 07:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
i will stick with the NDTV Car & Bike show. the way Siddarth Pathankar presents is excellent. each and every detail is there. also the supercar trio-ferrai summer, la lamorghini and maserati shows were awesome.

next is the UTVi Autocar show. its very good.
rest are total crap. (according to me.)
I differ. I hate the show only coz of Siddarth. He just talks some gibberish and it makes no sense for a automobile afficianado. He only thinks he explains the design.."...the curve on the fender justs moves nicely from the start to the end.." ..duh. Is that giving any sense? He just talks making non sense out of himself.
NDTV Car & Bike show is majorly monotonous. The only drool factor is the fact that international car shows are covered. Like somebody else mentioned, this show features cars we are never going to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
For me its NDTV Car & Bike show. This show talks about the aesthetics and design elements of the car not just the performance aspects. IMO that is an important point usually missed by many.
Among the rest UTVi autocar is OK.
And he messes up while explaining the aesthetics and design elements too. Anybody into automotive design would not like to listen to dumb reviews of design.
waste of time these TV shows. Magazines are better.

Last edited by 14000rpm : 13th July 2009 at 07:52.
Old 13th July 2009, 09:04   #19
Team-BHP Support

I don't watch any of these on a regular basis. From what I've seen I'll place the Autocar Show first. Times Drive is next and thanks to Siddharth Patankar's brilliance, the NDTV Show comes in a close third.
Old 13th July 2009, 09:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

How abt KNIGHT RIDER in star world.is any one watching it?
I'm a regular student to watch all the above TV shows(begging wify to spare some time),except the one in Z.
Old 13th July 2009, 10:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

love the CNBC show. well packaged and presented. I wish they could have a one hour show.
Old 13th July 2009, 12:32   #22
BHPian

My vote goes to NDTV car and bike show. That's really the only show where the anchor feels at ease with the reviews and talks about every detail of the car. He's not trying too hard to please the viewers.
With shows like overdrive, they tend to focus a lot on some really useless specs. I just don't understand the importance of specs like 0-100 in 15 secs, or maximum speed of 160 for a Ritz, Punto or i10. They are reviewing city cars for a country where the maximum speed does not exceed 80 kmph, so what's the relavance of such specs!!!
I also find their reviewes inconsistent. Look at their review of the i10 one year back and look at the review of the i10 from two weeks back. The car hasn't changed, but the way the overdrive reviewer feels about the car handling, performance seems to have changed. they should at least review their previous videos!!
TImes Drive is okay, but every time I watch it, I feel Navjot Singh Sidhu is the script writer for the show. I mean, they try really hard to sound stylish, but they forget that people dont watch the show for their prowess of the English language, but to help make a decision on the car they want to buy!
What I feel the shows don't do enough and should do more off is to talk about the cost of ownership while comparing cars. Its one thing to compare cars in terms of looks, specs, comfort etc. But in a country, where people usually keep cars for 5 or more years, it would be good to know which car would be most hassle free, what would the after sales be like etc. etc. That may even push some of the car companies to improve their ***
Old 13th July 2009, 13:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
How abt KNIGHT RIDER in star world.is any one watching it?
I'm a regular student to watch all the above TV shows(begging wify to spare some time),except the one in Z.
I watch it occasionally but its a bit too unreal for me. I'd prefer shows along the lines of the Fast and the Furious movies. Good cars with a lot of action!
Old 13th July 2009, 19:20   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Similar to how they dominate the print magazines, it's not surprising that ACI & OD make the best tv shows. Times Drive is nice too, especially the language used, but they hardly talk about the actual pros / cons of a car.

P.S. Merged the two OD poll options
Old 13th July 2009, 19:39   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

NDTV car and bike show is better than other ones mentioned here.
Old 13th July 2009, 19:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

classic facts!

My vote goes to NDTV Car & Bike show. I like the anchor to be factual and detailed when presenting a review, and the guy in the show does this very well.

I've watched one episode each of Wheelocity and Top Drive, and found them to be absolutely worthless in terms of content and presentation of facts.

Also (dont kill me for saying it here) does someone watch "All About my car, Honey" on NDTV Good times? Its hosted by Gautam Sen. A must watch for Classic car lovers.

Last edited by predatorwheelz : 13th July 2009 at 19:46. Reason: Correct punctuation
Old 13th July 2009, 21:02   #27
BANNED

Few months back I was a regular viewer of almost all these shows but now I don't watch them much, Also some of their timings have also changed.

Among these listed above, I voted for the "NDTV Car & Bike Show", Its really nice and I like its host.
The others shows I like are the Wheelocity, ACI and Motormouth(It comes on Delhi's local channel)

VT
Old 14th July 2009, 12:09   #28
BHPian

I personally prefer NDTV Car & Bike show other than anything else, coz I like the way Siddharth Patankar narrates the vehicles....
Old 14th July 2009, 12:30   #29
BHPian

Tutu Dhawan is a disgrace to auto-journalism. Even a toddler can give better advice to prospective buyers.

"Dono gaadiyan apni apni jagah bahut acchhi hain. Aapko decide karna hai ki kaunsi acchai aapko acchi lagti hai" (Both cars are good in their own respect, It is you who has to decide which car suits you)
WTH, if we had to decide, why would we ask you dodo!
Old 14th July 2009, 12:58   #30
BANNED

Hey I forgot to add "Top Speed" in my previous post.
I watch that too, Its one of the nice auto show I've seen, Also its anchor, Mr. Raj do a really great job. Hats off to him.

VT

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks