Team-BHP - Honda might Re-Launch Civic Hybrid in India!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda might Re-Launch Civic Hybrid in India! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/61630-honda-might-re-launch-civic-hybrid-india.html)

Hello People,

Honda Siel Cars India (HSCI) has said that it may re-launch the Civic Hybrid as it believes that the union government would slash the import duty on hybrid and other environment-friendly vehicles. Honda had stopped selling the Hybrid Civic, which was brought through the CBU format. The company had stopped importing chiefly due to the prohibitive import duty at 104%, which makes it commercially unviable for the consumers. Excise duty and VAT further increased the on-road price of the car.
Due to its exorbitant pricing, Honda was compelled to slash Civic Hybrid’s from Rs. 21 lakh to Rs. 13 lakh within two months of the launch to clear the inventory. The company sold only 60 cars at the original price tag of Rs. 21.5 lakh while the remaining 240 vehicles were sold at the discounted price of Rs. 13.36 lakh.

:.Click for source.:

Shouldn't they launch the new Insight then? That should be available for a little over the current Civic price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srishiva (Post 1382500)
Shouldn't they launch the new Insight then? That should be available for a little over the current Civic price.

I really agree with you, as Insight is having much better range than Civic Hybrid.

Are there any hybrid owners here??

Are they satisfied, or they are having freequent trips to expensive honda work shops.

If they are satisfied then, i must say that, Civic hybrid has a good market here. (only with revised price tag)

frankly what was the point for honda to even try selling the hybrid at 20+ lacs in the first place!!
the revised prices are fair enough and i havnt heard much complaints about it here!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariendj (Post 1382596)
frankly what was the point for honda to even try selling the hybrid at 20+ lacs in the first place!!
the revised prices are fair enough and i havnt heard much complaints about it here!!

May be HONDA was trying to play some lottery/luck here with that hyped price. Before Blaming GOVT they also should blame them for the pricing tag. Let see how many days they can hold the price of the JAZZ too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arin_12 (Post 1382656)
May be HONDA was trying to play some lottery/luck here with that hyped price. Before Blaming GOVT they also should blame them for the pricing tag. Let see how many days they can hold the price of the JAZZ too.

Is it necessary for every Honda thread to talk about the Jazz and its pricing? Give it a rest!

The main reason behind these EVs, Hybrids are not much popular in India is because of their High price tag.
It would be nice if Civic Hybrid remains at 13lacs price tag then it would be worth it.
A good way to save earth. :)

VT

Whatever they do, the pricing better be spot-on. Such massive price corrections (21 lakhs to 13) do nothing for the brand. Despite its limitations, the hybrid / fuel efficient tag is enough to draw customers to Honda showrooms. On a related note, the Civic could do with better equipment levels to help its market performance. Sales have been pretty badly hit in the recent past.

It will also be interesting to see how (if and when) Toyota manage its own hybrids in India.

What do they mean by re-launch? What about the suc...(cough*cough err) buyers who went in for the Hybrid in the first place? Where is Honda's commitment to the buyer? Where is Honda's commitment to the environment? This is something they harp on every-time. Though I do feel that buying a Honda pinches the pocket, unfairly, I would assume that a company of Honda's stature should not launch a car and then withdraw it in a jiffy.

P.S. I love Honda cars. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative (Post 1383562)
P.S. I love Honda cars. :)

Haha I love these disclaimers but I don't think you need it unless we're talking about Fiat :D

Seriously, when they say relaunch, I assume restart the production of the hybrids which was discontinued. So at least those who bought the Civic hybrid now don't have a car that's out of production.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1383373)
Whatever they do, the pricing better be spot-on. Such massive price corrections (21 lakhs to 13) do nothing for the brand. Despite its limitations, the hybrid / fuel efficient tag is enough to draw customers to Honda showrooms. On a related note, the Civic could do with better equipment levels to help its market performance. Sales have been pretty badly hit in the recent past.

It will also be interesting to see how (if and when) Toyota manage its own hybrids in India.

absolutely gto, thats what was needed on its first launch, spot on pricing and what needs to see is when toyota comes out with their hybrids in india.