Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which cheapest car is your choice?
Maruti 800 DX 162 45.51%
Tata Nano LX 194 54.49%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 21:10   #76
BHPian

My vote goes for 800 due to its proper car like looks and ofcourse a better and powerful engine. Everyone has been doing ga-ga since ages only because of the inch more inside space available in Nano.

Last edited by dodge_v1per : 29th December 2009 at 21:11.
Old 29th December 2009, 21:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

i have already voted for the 800.
its a 20+ year old car and still no issues with it.
nano in its first year made headlines for catching fire etc .
for a person looking for their first car with the added peace of mind go for the maruthi.
Old 29th December 2009, 21:37   #78
Senior - BHPian

Definitely the Nano, aprt from the financial savings it is a far safer car unlike the quarter of a century old design, also its far more spacious inside. Also it looks far better.
Old 29th December 2009, 21:43   #79
BHPian

All the reasons I've found yet from people favoring Nano is -

- Inside Space
- Looks & Design (Fore Some)
- Cheap

What else? Is the Nano Proven Product?? How Practical it is??Most surprisingly people made it ICOTY! And I totally agree with vinaydas..
Old 29th December 2009, 22:11   #80
Senior - BHPian

The Nano is as practical as the 800, if not more. Its more spacious and more fuel efficient, safer as well. All this despite costing a lot less than the 800 which is being made for more than 2 and a half decades. Most reviews even found the Nano better riding than the 800.
The 800 does have the advantage of a boot lid (which will soon be added in the future versions of the Nano) and a bigger engine, which is not a huge deal especially considering it costs 50% more.
The only reason why the 800 still sells in India while its been phased out in rest of the world is the poor crash test regulations in place in India, once the new laws come this car is to be phased out.

Very much the reasons why majority people found the Nano deserving the ICOTY.
Old 29th December 2009, 22:24   #81
Senior - BHPian

Although I've owned a M-800 and it scores good on a lot of points, it really misses out on space. The cramped seating inside was making longish drives even within the city uncomfortable for me, and that's the reason I voted for the nano.
Old 29th December 2009, 23:08   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_v1per View Post
Most surprisingly people made it ICOTY!
Only cars launched in 2009 are considered for ICOTY. So no surprise there.
Old 29th December 2009, 23:16   #83
Senior - BHPian

Nano for me. Mainly because the 800 is just too old, probably less safe, cramped and most of all significantly more expensive. Time for Maruti to start working on a new design if they want to dethrone the Nano
Old 29th December 2009, 23:29   #84
Senior - BHPian

Only time will tell for all those who voted for the Nanny. M-800 still rocks as a car.
Old 30th December 2009, 00:43   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Definitely the Nano, aprt from the financial savings it is a far safer car unlike the quarter of a century old design, also its far more spacious inside. Also it looks far better.
I would say look at in another way it mayb more spacious inside but is a new product and it would take some time to settle down and like earlier mentioned the TATA's have a bad reputation of making the customers the ginnypigs and after that they wrok on it.

The Quarter of a century car may not look that good or may not have that kindof space but atleast you can see what you are getting and get the solutions to your problems in a giffy whereas the TATA's them self would handle the problem the first time and would use the method of "HIt & Miss" and the brunt is payed by the customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_v1per View Post
All the reasons I've found yet from people favoring Nano is -

- Inside Space
- Looks & Design (Fore Some)
- Cheap

What else? Is the Nano Proven Product?? How Practical it is??Most surprisingly people made it ICOTY! And I totally agree with vinaydas..
Absalutely correct and the other thing is how many people would have the time and the money to experiment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Nano for me. Mainly because the 800 is just too old, probably less safe, cramped and most of all significantly more expensive. Time for Maruti to start working on a new design if they want to dethrone the Nano
Sir How can we say that a 800 is less safe ?Seing the nano making the headlines to many that is more unsafe than the 800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Only time will tell for all those who voted for the Nanny. M-800 still rocks as a car.
Completely even i think so.Its going to be a huge disaster.
Old 30th December 2009, 00:53   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Completely even i think so.Its going to be a huge disaster.
I do not think it would be disaster for the company, i feel it would be a disaster for the country. For every person that thinks that a car should be like THIS, there are 500 or maybe 50000 people who think that a car could be like THIS(NANO). And when TATA says it is for you, it means it is for YOU.
Old 30th December 2009, 06:35   #87
Senior - BHPian

Some of our fellow Bhpians really need help with their spell check.
Putting aside the sheer ignorance in the earlier comments below, I shall try and shed some light here,

Unfortunately the Nano has only been launched recently, so for those who believe that a car ages better like whiskey please opt for an 800 or even better the Ambassador. Rest of the progressive and enlightened population would see sense in the Nano and saw it deserving the ICOTY, like someones mentioned before its for the 'car of the year' not a lifetime achievement award.

Now for the comment that says disaster for the whole country, ahem.. shall keep my language in check since I've been given a severe warning by the administrators already.

I dont think that any of us Indians living in India have any pride in mentioning that for the last 3 decades we have been making and selling a Japanese car that has been phased out in rest of the world, the only other country that suffers this is our neighbouring Paki's with their version of the 800. This is a car the Japanese have designed and built, with no major significance and when they were finished with it, handed it down to us to make and use, while they still raked in the dough from royalties and whatever else.

The Nano is designed and made by an Indian car company, and has given Indian engineering global respect. Instead of sticking to ones own discriminatory views, open your eyes and read whats written about the Nano elsewhere.
Old 30th December 2009, 08:18   #88
Senior - BHPian

NANO it was for me.

Its going to come in diesel, and then smoke out the 800. The 800 was a great car, but it is time to move on now
Old 30th December 2009, 11:36   #89
Senior - BHPian

Imagien yourselves in both the Nano and the 800 waiting at the traffic signal. A lot of people are crossing the road. What would they look at besides running for their life?
Old 30th December 2009, 12:05   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Imagien yourselves in both the Nano and the 800 waiting at the traffic signal. A lot of people are crossing the road. What would they look at besides running for their life?
That is only till the market is flooded with the Nanos. Once the Nanos start competing for space with the autos, no one will want to give it a first glance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks