Team-BHP - Is swift stopped for 6 months for selling ritz??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Is swift stopped for 6 months for selling ritz?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/61674-swift-stopped-6-months-selling-ritz.html)

I had gone with my paternal uncle to khivraj motors nungambakkam chennai 2 days before as he wanted to testdrive a swift as he is planning to change his alto and get a new car. Was shocked to hear from the sales man that maruti has temporarily stopped swift for 6 months and will not be available for 6 months even for booking and waiting. He says the limited edition alone is now available for premium. Have anyone else heared this?. he said since the ritz is being marketed vigorously maruti doesnt want swift to eat up the slaes of ritz. Heard from horses mouth. can someone confirm??

What a news . Looks like Maruti is not able to handle the capcity or is it really wanting to sell ritz over the swift? :eek:

If this is true, then the i20 diesel and GP are going to have a field day. Bad move from Maruti I think.

Well then they should stop the Wagon R as it competes with the Estilo. I doubt if this is true. It could be that the Ritz is eating into Swift sales and hence Maruti is slowing down production for while. No new Swift for six months is monumental stupidity.

I was checking out Kalyani Motors, Bangalore for a Swift VDi for a friend last week - Despite repeated requests for swift, the salesguy was trying to sell Ritz ad nausea.

His arguments were:
1. Ritz is a new vehicle
2. There are already 150000 swifts on road - why do you need to look alike?
3. At least 3 months delay (but Ritz immediate deliver sir!)
4. Ritz is better than Swift
5. There will be a huge waiting period for Ritz very soon - So you buy this now (????)

I got really tired of the way they downplayed swift (suspensions are better in Ritz, sir!)

My friend is not buying either of the vehicles...

Actually only production of the Petrol Swift and Estilo have been stopped. Both the cars are receiving the new K-Series engine.

Perhaps they are upgrading the petrol Swift's engine to the K12M that does its duty on the Ritz---in that case it is worth the wait.
If I were to buy a hatch today, I'd rather buy a hot-looking one than one that looks as if its been rear-ended by a truck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer (Post 1383641)
I was checking out Kalyani Motors, Bangalore for a Swift VDi for a friend last week - Despite repeated requests for swift, the salesguy was trying to sell Ritz ad nausea.

+1 to that, agree:this is exactly what happened to me as well, the sales person said Ritz is better than Swift in all terms,
- more boot space
- more head room
- better suspension than Swift
- rear seat support better than Swift
- lesser price than Swift
- immediate delivery
But anyways, my wife rejected Ritz by its look. Looking for another car now lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeash (Post 1383590)
I had gone with my paternal uncle to khivraj motors nungambakkam chennai 2 days before as he wanted to testdrive a swift as he is planning to change his alto and get a new car. Was shocked to hear from the sales man that maruti has temporarily stopped swift for 6 months and will not be available for 6 months even for booking and waiting. He says the limited edition alone is now available for premium. Have anyone else heared this?. he said since the ritz is being marketed vigorously maruti doesnt want swift to eat up the slaes of ritz. Heard from horses mouth. can someone confirm??

No way that Maruti has stopped the production of Swift. MSIL has capacity constraints and they are in the process of upgrading the Swift powerplant. It is a classic case of the sales executive trying to sell what he wants to ( or has been instructed to), rather than what the customer wants.

Quote:

No way that Maruti has stopped the production of Swift. MSIL has capacity constraints and they are in the process of upgrading the Swift powerplant. It is a classic case of the sales executive trying to sell what he wants to ( or has been instructed to), rather than what the customer wants.
No rajneesh. i am hearing the same story from another maruti dealer also which i went subsequently to check out if theyhave a swift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeash (Post 1383687)
No rajneesh. i am hearing the same story from another maruti dealer also which i went subsequently to check out if theyhave a swift.

Please drop in a mail to MSIL or better still call them. Dealers are not the best source of information. 6 months is too long a break. It is quiet possible that the production has been stopped for 2-4 weeks but 6 months is too long a period given the competitive nature of this segment.

Swift diesel sells by itself so they might be trying to divert the sales towards ritz to promote it,sales figures show Ritz is already a huge hit with indians.

I seriously doubt that Maruti has stopped production of Swift. Swift diesel is one hot seller for Maruti and many prefer Swift for looks.
Moreover Swift Dzire cannot be stopped and for economies of scale, Maurti will never mess up what has achieved huge huge success.
Dealers want to push new car on which they have to offer minimum discount. They might be pushing ritz so the rumor is one thing they come up fast. This is not the first time that I am hearing some news about Swift. Ritz is based on modified ( i.e. somewhat tweaked or changed here and there a bit ) Swift platform, so putting in K12M will not take 6 months long time.

EDIT : This news might be true!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...gine-soon.html

Balderdash. The dealerships are all trying to sell their Ritz stockpiles/"Limited Edition" Swifts. Some of you who have heard this nonsense from the dealerships should email Maruti directly and see the change in version of the dealers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 1383797)
Balderdash. The dealerships are all trying to sell their Ritz stockpiles/"Limited Edition" Swifts. Some of you who have heard this nonsense from the dealerships should email Maruti directly and see the change in version of the dealers.

It may or may not be true. But this is true that Maruti Suzuki cannot produce vehicles according to demand. Swift Petrol is not selling very high. Here is thread on that from sidindica

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...gine-soon.html

It seems it is true.