Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 16:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

Alto CNG + Swift petrol and Zen to get k-series engine soon

Alto CNG with existing engine getting launched on 15th-16th at a premium of 40,000-45,000 over petrol.
Available in both LX and LXi model.
Swift petrol production temporarily stopped, only glam available and remaining stocks with dealers available.
Both Swift and Zen to get KB series engine by august-september.
Old 14th July 2009, 16:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good news for Alto, but G series being phased out is bad news. You had earlier started the thread " Way of life " or something similar to that.

Zen will get 1.2 ltr K12M or not. I think that they are suppossed to detune K12M and put that in Zen and Wagon R. For Swift Suzuki must do something to pump out 90 bhp from that K12M else it loses the race to Ritz and customer might end up in confused state.

Any news on 1.6 VVT for SX4 ?

EDIT :
Wagon R is one hot seller for Maruti, so any news on Wagon R front. I think that both Zen Estilo and Wagon R will receive K12M but in detuned format. In cities that are not yet E-IV, Wagon R and Zen Estilo might be available with F10D option. This is what I feel.
Also is Alto getting detuned K10B ?

Last edited by aaggoswami : 14th July 2009 at 16:34.
Old 14th July 2009, 16:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

What Maruti needs to do is stop producing that hidieous Zen Estilo.
Old 14th July 2009, 16:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hope they are also planning to stop the Wagon-R from production,but may take sometime.
Old 14th July 2009, 17:02   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
What Maruti needs to do is stop producing that hidieous Zen Estilo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Hope they are also planning to stop the Wagon-R from production,but may take sometime.
IMO the Zen Estilo is a better car than the Wagon R. It has everything the Wagon R has plus more modern looks and better interiors. Time for the Wagon R to go. In fact the Estilo should have been launched as the new Wagon R,
Old 14th July 2009, 17:08   #6
BHPian

Is Wagon-R is also getting K-series engine ??
It should have a face lift also I think !!
Old 14th July 2009, 18:01   #7
BHPian

This is certainly a good news that all these models are getting some kind of upgrade.Going slightly off topic here, but I dont understand the point when people say x manufacturer must now stop selling a crtain model. This has been the case all over the forum, be it the Santro, or a Alto , M800 or zen estillo. Why this bashing business? After all manufacturers are just giving people more choices and not taking anything away byu continuing these models. And cars like M800, Alto and Omni...even a Santro sell very well even today.People should not forget that manufacturers have to keep in mind the requirements of varied range of customers and not just for the enthusisasts type. I honestly feel that if Alto Flash is being sold at same price as normal Alto, whats the harm. There is no point making fun of these small add ons as these may be good enough for a levl 1 buyer. Do you realy expect Maruti to throw in Alloys in the name of special edition?? Let's think about everyone's tastes and requirements and of course the budgets.Lastly, I think people have given only TATA's the license to produce stripped down cars like Nano and they'd go any length to praise the little car which has been a compromise to some extent compared to a conventional car. But at the same time ,they'd want the more competent and wholesome cars like Alto Santro and Estillo to be discontinued. just baffles me....
Old 14th July 2009, 21:32   #8
BHPian

The Alto CNG is certainly good news. But looking at the Alto CNG taxis in Mumbai, all the boot space is occupied by the CNG cylinder. Hope Maruti has done something about this.
Old 14th July 2009, 21:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
The Alto CNG is certainly good news. But looking at the Alto CNG taxis in Mumbai, all the boot space is occupied by the CNG cylinder. Hope Maruti has done something about this.
but it will be good for a total VFM office commuting specially for people who are not very very tall.

and most of people prefer factory fitments when it comes to CNG/LPG stuff.
Old 14th July 2009, 21:59   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

What about the gypsy? Any chances of it getting the newer engine.
Old 14th July 2009, 22:16   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
What about the gypsy? Any chances of it getting the newer engine.
Maybe it will get the SX4 engine. The Ritz engine won't be that good for a Gypsy.
Old 14th July 2009, 22:28   #12
BHPian

I must say very good timing for long awaited engine upgrade. MSIL still have some ace up its marketing sleevs.
Old 14th July 2009, 23:13   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
This is certainly a good news that all these models are getting some kind of upgrade.Going slightly off topic here, but I dont understand the point when people say x manufacturer must now stop selling a crtain model. This has been the case all over the forum, be it the Santro, or a Alto , M800 or zen estillo. Why this bashing business? After all manufacturers are just giving people more choices and not taking anything away byu continuing these models. And cars like M800, Alto and Omni...even a Santro sell very well even today.People should not forget that manufacturers have to keep in mind the requirements of varied range of customers and not just for the enthusisasts type.
The old model should be discontinue to make sell of new/modern car to the customer. For ex: M800 should be phased out becos it still use the old engine which does not have emission certified/ latest standard meet. Does MSIL is taking care of any thing ? Does they ever thought that they should give better emission controlled vehicle ? 15 yrs back just break was enough for safety but now ABS,AIR BAG .... things comes to safety feature. Its not only building your portfolio of car also need some feature to be added as time pass.
Otherway if you see the same SUZUKI keeps launching product in US market why not in India market ? OMNI van should be phased out becos its the most unsafe vehicle on the road. Any time can be toppled...
Old 14th July 2009, 23:19   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
This is certainly a good news that all these models are getting some kind of upgrade.Going slightly off topic here, but I dont understand the point when people say x manufacturer must now stop selling a crtain model. This has been the case all over the forum, be it the Santro, or a Alto , M800 or zen estillo. Why this bashing business? After all manufacturers are just giving people more choices and not taking anything away byu continuing these models. And cars like M800, Alto and Omni...even a Santro sell very well even today.People should not forget that manufacturers have to keep in mind the requirements of varied range of customers and not just for the enthusisasts type. I honestly feel that if Alto Flash is being sold at same price as normal Alto, whats the harm. There is no point making fun of these small add ons as these may be good enough for a levl 1 buyer. Do you realy expect Maruti to throw in Alloys in the name of special edition?? Let's think about everyone's tastes and requirements and of course the budgets.Lastly, I think people have given only TATA's the license to produce stripped down cars like Nano and they'd go any length to praise the little car which has been a compromise to some extent compared to a conventional car. But at the same time ,they'd want the more competent and wholesome cars like Alto Santro and Estillo to be discontinued. just baffles me....
Rodie, what you are offering is one perspective. And if that were the only perspective, then Honda should not have discontinued OHC after the launch of NHC, and Toyota should have continued with Qualis even after the launch of Innova. What Amit is offering is another perspective that is as valid as that of yours!

Coming to the specific case of Estilo...there are some cars people love. The old Zen was one of them. So not many are happy with the Estilo that it replaced the eminent Zen. Imagine the old Zen coming back with the new K series engine!
Old 14th July 2009, 23:19   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious55 View Post
IMO the Zen Estilo is a better car than the Wagon R. It has everything the Wagon R has plus more modern looks and better interiors. Time for the Wagon R to go. In fact the Estilo should have been launched as the new Wagon R,
I don't know if you have driven WagonR or not but under 4 lacs WagonR has the best build interiors from Suzuki Stable.

Most Viewed