Hyundai i20 13 17.33%
Hyundai Verna 6 8.00%
All New Honda City 50 66.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 15:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Not much to choose from!

Ashwin, what is the price difference btw i20 AT and ANHC AT?
Old 15th July 2009, 15:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Voted for G3HC i.e. ANHC. Reason is simple, its has got one more gear and they give paddle shifts that come in handy, really. And the 5th gear is higher than the manual version. Moreover there some modes available too for different preferences. Others need more gears. Verna, considering the grunt can come up with a 6th gear too. Yes that can be used only on highways, but its good to have it for further relaxed cruising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
1) I guess even the Scorpio AT is priced under 10 lacs (not sure though).
2) crumple zones...
3) Why is EPS a con?
1) That is what I feel too. Mahindra came to this automatic SUV that is not bad considering the cost of the car.

OT :
2) Actually, they are present in M800, too. I agree with you that i10 cannot be considered unsafe. It has scored 4 stars in full fledged EuroNCAP test and that is not bad at all. There are some sedans like Accent that have scored 1.5 stars.
3) EPS is over-reactive in city and even though it cuts-off ( as per some manufacturers ), the feel is not as good as HPS. May be the reason why you prefer HPS. G1HC that you have has one of the best systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinpak View Post

I feel, i10 is low on safety as even with 6 airbags, as it has managed only 4 stars in the Euro NCAP crash tests.
Do you know the score of Verna ? I dont think it came up better score than i10. Yes, weight, etc are different, but then i10 is not unsafe, atleast its safer than Santro and the previous generation cars.
Old 15th July 2009, 16:10   #18
BHPian

My vote goes to Verna Diesel for its efficient performance.
Else, looks wise I will prefer Maruti Suzuki SX4.
Old 15th July 2009, 16:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, there is no AT version of the SX4.
Old 15th July 2009, 16:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Not much to choose from!

Ashwin, what is the price difference btw i20 AT and ANHC AT?
The i20 AT is priced at 8.65 & 9.16 (option) OTR in Blr and ANHC AT is 10.89 OTR. The price difference is almost 2.25 lacs +
Old 15th July 2009, 16:31   #21
BHPian

Just based on technology, I would say the ANHC with a 5 speed AT + paddle shift is far superior than others.

Just curious. I find a few people have voted for the i20 AT. Are TDs already available for this car?

Last edited by CBlazer : 15th July 2009 at 16:33.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:01   #22
ashwinpak

I left out Scorpio because it is a SUV.

I did not mean that the i10 is unsafe. It is much safer than other cars in the same segment. I was just comparing it with the rest of the lot in the current comparison. Could not find a crash test result for the Verna/Accent(new) in the Euro NCAP website. That is why I desisted from commenting about it.

I have mentioned EPS as a con only in larger cars because larger cars are more likely to be driven on the highways, and EPS is a bane there. The EPS is devoid of any feedback and often tends to oversteer. It is a safety hazard while driving at high speeds. yes, it is a boon while driving in the city.

i haven't voted yet, but am leaning towards the City. The paddle shifts are superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) That is what I feel too. Mahindra came to this automatic SUV that is not bad considering the cost of the car.

I agree with you that i10 cannot be considered unsafe. It has scored 4 stars in full fledged EuroNCAP test and that is not bad at all. There are some sedans like Accent that have scored 1.5 stars.

3) EPS is over-reactive in city and even though it cuts-off ( as per some manufacturers ), the feel is not as good as HPS. May be the reason why you prefer HPS. G1HC that you have has one of the best systems.

Do you know the score of Verna ? I dont think it came up better score than i10. Yes, weight, etc are different, but then i10 is not unsafe, atleast its safer than Santro and the previous generation cars.

Old 15th July 2009, 17:06   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Not much to choose from!
Because? There are only 4 cars in automatic < 10 lakhs and all the four are listed in the poll, right?

Oh well, I think I know the reason, forget it.

Last edited by pmbabu : 15th July 2009 at 17:12.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:28   #24
BHPian

You forgot to mention the Santro Automatic. God knows why these manufacturers cant come out with a small car which is a diesel and an automatic. It will be a hit for city use with decent mileage.

The I20 diesel should have had an auto option, am sure it would sell more.
Old 15th July 2009, 18:05   #25
BHPian

Santro is considered to be the oldest model running on the Hyundai list which is supposedly like an 800 to the MS.
An ORP of a full loaded Santro is 413,693 ORP Bangalore
Having to put Diesel plant would add an additional 1-1.5 Lakhs
An Automatic Transmission would add an additional 50,000.
THINK about it would you be paying 5.5 to 6 Lakhs just for a Small Car with all the geekonomics.

Coming to i20 Diesel,
The Base i20 Diesel is 734,708 ORP Bangalore
Top end model is 853,018 again ORP Bangalore
For an AT add an additional 75000-1,00,000.
8-9.5 Lakhs for an AT Hatchback. This would be insane.
Correct me here guys if i'm wrong.
Old 15th July 2009, 21:02   #26
BHPian

My vote would go for a 2nd hand Accord, Civic or Corolla (in that order of preference). Some pretty good deals to be had in this market.
Old 15th July 2009, 22:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinpak View Post

I did not mean that the i10 is unsafe. It is much safer than other cars in the same segment. I was just comparing it with the rest of the lot in the current comparison. Could not find a crash test result for the Verna/Accent(new) in the Euro NCAP website. That is why I desisted from commenting about it.

AFAIK, The Verna and the AHNC have not been tested by NCAP. So their safety rating is a big question mark.
Old 15th July 2009, 22:37   #28
ashwinpak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
AFAIK, The Verna and the AHNC have not been tested by NCAP. So their safety rating is a big question mark.
The Jazz, which the ANHC is based on, has scored 5 stars.

Old 15th July 2009, 23:30   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai automatics are not too good,they sap too much power and the difference on FE is too much when compared to their manual versions.

Honda city has a good 5speed auto,ive driven the car and i did like the engine gearbox combo.
Old 15th July 2009, 23:35   #30
BHPian

In my opinion i20 makes most attractive, practical and complete package as an automatic.
Second comes ANHC with beauty of paddle shifter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks