Punto MJD 252 79.50%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:17   #211
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinpak View Post
BTW, a question to anybody who knows, why do manufacturers increasingly use EPS against HPS? Is EPS cheaper to build?
Cheaper, smaller, easier to package.

Quote:
Agree. I guess Ritz is one (exception)al** tallboy.
Other *fairly safe on the highway tall-boys* : Hyundai i10, Toyota Innova etc.
Old 3rd August 2009, 13:31   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Other *fairly safe on the highway tall-boys* : Hyundai i10, Toyota Innova etc.
You can add SX4 to the list. Only difference is it's a tall man .
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:46   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
The problem is, (or at least here in Goa, lest I be accused of making sweeping statements), Tata appears to be more interested in selling and servicing their own vehicles. Fiat cars and their owners get little importance in this process.

Many of my friends who own Fiat cars (expecially Palio) have been complaining that Tata mechanics are least bothered to service Fiat cars. Even the Tate sales executives appear more keen to persuade the customer to opt for Tata cars.

Even the Tata website seems to have a care-a-damn attitude towards Fiat. For instance, log on to Tata Motors - HomePage. Then click on the link "Products in India" below the pictures. Check out the "Passenger Car" section and you will find a solitary link to ALL of Fiat cars (while each Tata car gets a separate link). Now click on "Fiat Cars" and guess what? I get a "Page Load Error". There appears to be NO link to Fiat cars at all on this Tata website!

So much for the Tata-Fiat partnership here in India.

By the way, I have so far seen only three Punto cars (white, red, grey) on the road here in Goa, while there are quite a few of Ritz vehicles in the state. While Punto seems to be winning by a huge margin over the Ritz on this poll, the 'on-the-road poll' here in Goa seems to suggest just the opposite.

Regards.
yeah you may be right in some respects.
But here in thane iv seen quite a few puntos.there are 4 in my area itself.
yeah the nos of ritzs easily outnumbers the puntos,no doubt about that.
Its just the beginning of a 2nd innings for fiat now.We must give them time to prove themselves.

Iv seen ads of multi car showrooms which never advertised the palio but are adversitising the linea and punto in bold letters with pics.So these showrooms must be selling these cars in good nos
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:01   #214
BHPian

@ Amar,

Hi tell me about the Palio Mjd. Only thing was worried about the spare parts thing after warranty and service . Have you driven the Vista Quadrajet.? Can you give your perception between the two cars.
I found the car immensely driveable , the interior space great and external appearance non controversial and even pleasing.
But always found the Palio attractive. The stile looks even better proportioned.
the punto is stunning but way out of my budget.
But To compare it with ritz aint fair in my opinion, it simply is way too good.
would like to go for Palio stile sde 1.3 rather than the vista and would definiely prefer vista over swift . But only if there is no issue about the spare parts etc.
Can anyone find out about the the regular service parts cost, accident repair parts etc of palio stile now that fiat has reduced prices over full range of spares?
regards.
Old 6th August 2009, 23:20   #215

I have noticed most of the posts are based in the great cities of bangalore and
mumbai ironically they speak of highway performance i guess most of them drive in the cities and very rarely go on highways,if you are looking for performance you should try some of the bigger sedans,premium hatch is restricted to city driving where you don't need pickup,seating at the back or a large boot ,what you need is mileage,cost of servicing,availablity of service centres and spares,good resale value and a moderate price.I guess the maruti Ritz engineers have delivered all the parameters for a price conscious Indian! Hyundai and Fiat have most of their service centres in major cities and none of the parts are available in the open market.On these parameters I vote for The Maruti Ritz DDIS!!!!
Old 7th August 2009, 00:02   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjoepaulp View Post
I have noticed most of the posts are based in the great cities of bangalore and
mumbai ironically they speak of highway performance i guess most of them drive in the cities and very rarely go on highways,if you are looking for performance you should try some of the bigger sedans,premium hatch is restricted to city driving where you don't need pickup,seating at the back or a large boot ,what you need is mileage,cost of servicing,availablity of service centres and spares,good resale value and a moderate price.I guess the maruti Ritz engineers have delivered all the parameters for a price conscious Indian! Hyundai and Fiat have most of their service centres in major cities and none of the parts are available in the open market.On these parameters I vote for The Maruti Ritz DDIS!!!!
I live in a city - not as big as the ones you mentioned but, one with even more chaotic traffic. AND I disagree. I drive on the highways regularly (or as often as I can).

I was looking for performance in my second car and ...............I bought myself a hatchback, that too second-hand.

I need PICKUP.

I need a nice seat in the back where once can crash out.

I need a boot to keep the stuff I need for my drives out of town and to carry all kinds of things I am perpetually carting all over the city.

Above all, I need a car that drives well, performs well and handles excellently.

Cheers,
Old 6th September 2009, 19:56   #217
BHPian

Punto is the way to look up to

I am sure that there are a lot of us who are stuck in this fiasco of choosing between a Punto and a Ritz. Today itself I test drove both the cars again and again I found Punto to be a much better a car and it is something that can be called a car. I mean look at the rear end of Ritz. I dont know how can it qualify to be a car to stand in comparisor with Punto. Punto is truly a complete car and if you end up buying the Emotion PAC of Punto, there is really nothing left to be added after market except for the seat covers.

Therefore my 2 cents go to Punto
Old 6th September 2009, 21:05   #218
BHPian

I voted for the punto. purely a decision from my heart. indeed a very gorgeous automobile . However was dissappointed by the interior plastics . I was also suprised regarding the white headliner of the car , which is so prone to dirt if you are not careful
Old 6th September 2009, 21:26   #219
BHPian

This morning my friend brought his new Ritz Vdi to my house. I liked the car very much and thought myself to be pretty biased when I felt it was blasphemy to think beyond punto.Ritz has good interiors, decent AC and good driving position too. I forgave the horrendous back and was left impressed. Then in the afternoon, I went to the Croma store on ORR on my palio and parked my car and alighted ....lo ! a red punto was parked right next to my car. I was simply stunned by the beauty of this car and the more I see it the more I love it. If a car can evoke such emotions, I will give my left hand for a Punto. BTW, I have test driven the punto and found it no inferior to ritz/swift.
Old 6th September 2009, 21:40   #220
BHPian

i voted for ritz n bought the same.people can check out my beauty in fire brick red in initial ownership thread.she looks gorgeous.my parents n friends find the high seating very comfortable n getting in n out of the car also very easy.plus th fact that everytime we switch from my verna or santro i or my parents dont have to remember that indicators are on the other side of the steering rule.very very satisfied about my choice
Old 7th September 2009, 09:06   #221
BHPian

for phographs of my ritz vdi you can check out this link and you will be surprised at how good it actually looks-more so from the back. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-she-home.html
Old 7th September 2009, 11:28   #222
BHPian

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I have voted for Punto for its beautiful looks and design. I don’t like Ritz because of the tail light design which looks like a redesign of CRV tail light (no offense to Ritz lovers) .[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 28th October 2009, 20:25   #223
sandeep sharma

The Ritz as far as performance is concerned its almost the same with the Punto and that is really nice. The punto on the other hand is a great car and thus it shows that Fiat has lived up to its name by creating such a nice car.
The ritz has a look that won't have many faces turn around for another look, or may be it may have some as far as curses are concerned. The Punto has magnificient looks installed into it and the back part is the most unique part of it. The ritZ on the other hand has a flaw in its look from its back and that is the sole reason which spoils its entire look.

Old 22nd November 2009, 17:19   #224
BHPian

Thats one really good comparison, shantyrocks. Very informative. Especially for a person like me who is going to buy his first car (probably Ritz), in couple of months.

Thanks for sharing it, buddy.
Old 10th August 2010, 10:11   #225
Senior - BHPian

one thing i would like to add is the head & leg space in punto is not very good, it is bit of cramped space and not for tall people it is a complete No, whereas the head space in Ritz is very good and the leg space is also OK.
this input is based upon my experience yesterday, when i was searching for a hatchback for my younger brother, and went in to TD a punto.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 10th August 2010 at 10:12. Reason: addition

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks