Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: which is better?
Ritz DDiS 65 20.50%
Punto MJD 252 79.50%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 15:04   #226
BHPian

Even if the Ritz was superior to the Punto in every aspect ( which it obviously isn't ), I still wouldn't touch it with a barge pole due to the absolutely ugly rear ( no offence to the owners ). It's almost as if the designers lost interest half way and thought that they were wasting too much time designing a car that people would buy anyway due to it being a Maruti and just bolted it together. The front is very good but the rear is the most ugly I've seen in a car in a long time.
Old 11th August 2010, 10:06   #227
Senior - BHPian

that is true, the rear look of the ritz is not that much good looking, it looks bit of a slized cut in the body. but as per the comments i have heard, the car is quite good, comfortable from inside and is quite fuel efficient too because of K series and DDIS engines.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 11th August 2010 at 10:07. Reason: addition
Old 11th August 2010, 10:32   #228
BHPian

I feel much safer in a Punto than in Ritz . Reasons being Ritz is a tall boy design so taking around corners is a nightmare. Punto on other hand is a exceptional handler. Secondly build quality of Ritz is not as good as Punto. So safety and handling wise Punto score much more.
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:42   #229
BHPian

Re: Th MultiJet Blitzkreig : Suzuki Ritz VS Fiat Punto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Even if the Ritz was superior to the Punto in every aspect ( which it obviously isn't ), I still wouldn't touch it with a barge pole due to the absolutely ugly rear ( no offence to the owners ). It's almost as if the designers lost interest half way and thought that they were wasting too much time designing a car that people would buy anyway due to it being a Maruti and just bolted it together. The front is very good but the rear is the most ugly I've seen in a car in a long time.
Well when the swift came, people told it has a very fat rear end. I dont even what to tell the exact ways people used to describe the rear of the swift. (This happened because Swift was totally new design and people had never seen anything like this before)

What happened after 6 months? No discounts on the swift, became a smashing hit, to add on it became expensive and ended up being a high margin car for MSIL.

Coming to the Ritz, its a european design, you must see cars like renault megane you'll feel the Ritz is awesome in front of it. (Again people in our country have never seen some desgin like the Ritz before thus everyone is saying on my god it has a horrible rear end)

What has MSIL done? Gave discounts initially till the car starts selling and people start to realize this is something new and fresh. 1 yr down the lane, what has happened now? No discounts no the ritz diesel any more, waiting period has increased, 6000 per month on average are the sales numbers clocked by the Ritz, it is best tall boy in the handling department if tyres are 185/70 R14, checked out youtube for some Ritz drifts and check the Uk reviews of the splash.

I personal feel, its just that we indians dont accept something straightforward if it is different and a little weird initially, takes some time for us to adjust. Today i am bored of seeing so many Ritz in Bangalore.
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:32   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
Well when the swift came, people told it has a very fat rear end. I dont even what to tell the exact ways people used to describe the rear of the swift. (This happened because Swift was totally new design and people had never seen anything like this before)
The Renault Megane is much, much more better looking than the Ritz.

It created a buzz with its quirky design and the Ritz IMHO is a cheap copy of it.
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:01   #231
Senior - BHPian

Swift started to have a waiting list only after the introduction of diesel version ( courtesy Fiat) and not before that. Not that Swift doesnt deserve the popularity, it is just a matter of record.

It is true one might feel the designers lost interest halfway through while designing the Ritz rear. I personally feel Ritz's front matches well with A-Star's rear. May be a design was split and two cars were made !!!!!

After seeing numbers, Ritz rear has become acceptable, though not loved.

Last edited by simplyself : 3rd July 2011 at 22:03.
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:10   #232
Senior - BHPian

The Swifts rear end started looking amazing after the introduction of the clear lens tail lamps IMO. It simply gave a new dimension to the bland rear end of the car.
Old 3rd July 2011, 23:22   #233
BHPian

The ritz is definitely not the best looking car any which end you look at it, the punto is definitely a looker.
but when ritz wont burn a hole in your pocket of hard earned money and whenever it comes to resale it you still get some returns when you are out to sell your car.
The maruti ought to be technologically more reliable if not more advanced.
Its cheaper too.
the ride and handling punto would excell.
Fuel economy, maruti would whip it.
So at the end of the day to each his own.
Fiat for years has put out very little value as far as india is concerned.
Maruti on the other hand has been real value but very little of everything else.
Punto looks sporty , the seating is low.
Ritz looks silly, but its a tall boy and very practical for tall people , ingress is way better than the fiat punto.
God forbid it but one would rather be in the fiat in case of a crash.
Most Maruti products build quality is really really bad.
While fiats are built like tank.

We are comparing cars with totally different value , totally different appeal and totally different probable customer base and arguing with each other just because both vehicles share an engine.
Dont have to undermine somebody else's sentiment just because it doesnt echo your own.
Old 3rd July 2011, 23:28   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
The Swifts rear end started looking amazing after the introduction of the clear lens tail lamps IMO. It simply gave a new dimension to the bland rear end of the car.
When it was newly launched i found it really disproportionate. way Too much higher outer dimensions for so little space inside. And the rear was something....
Now after looking at some so called sporty concept designs- ritz, beat,alto k10, a star , the swift has actually started looking better. minimal lines and far more mature form .
Very nice. Even the dash design is nice and simple.
Old 4th July 2011, 16:45   #235
Senior - BHPian

This is no fair comparo! Punto is a far superior car in all aspects except service back up and probably its gear box is a let down. And you need to be fair to the Ritz as well. It is not intended to be a sporty, cornering hatchback like the punto.
Even the swift is not such a good handler as the Punto, so why should you compare the ritz with the Punto? The ritz is cheaper than the punto by atleast 40-50k.
Lastly you shouldnt be comparing 2 cars just because they have the same engine. Look at the target customer base.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks