Ritz DDiS 65 20.50%
Punto MJD 252 79.50%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 11:56   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
If you cant compare the service of the 2 cars, then don't compare safety as well. Ritz Vdi does't have airbags and you compare with the top end Emotion pack. I dont think it is fair. Compare like to like models then. Also Maruti can always add airbagas and improve the safety. No big deal. But for Fiat to match the service levels: sorry they will not be able to do it even if they stand upside down
We are comparing cars, not service & Safety happens to be an integral part of the product (read car).

Undoubtedly, Maruti has the largest network & some good service too, but I have had some horrid experiences with Maruti for my Swift. The dealer refused to accept that the clutch had worn out, when the gear shift had become hard & I was complaining. Ultimately, he had to eat his words when it broke down. Also, once they broke the tail lamp & refused to accept their fault. The front power windows gave way with 3 months & had took me 3 weeks to get them replaced.

Service levels are all relative. By making a good rapport with the service engineers at Fiat dealerships in Pune & Mumbai, I've always got a good service & they do a few minor repairs without charging too

As far as the car goes, there's no doubt Punto stands as a superior car. Anyone who has owned a Fiat will tell the attention they give to minute details like double crank prevention (uno, palio, siena too had it), idle footrest, driving position, good ergonomics, steering weight, high speed stability, two stage door opening & much better sheet metal on the body that any other car in its class. Fiat cars also do not age as fast as the Japs & Koreans.

Cheers!
Old 16th July 2009, 12:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Would have voted for the Punto if it atleast had the VGT from the Linea.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:09   #18
BHPian

Well feature wise if you compare the ritz vdi(abs) and Punto dynamic(1.3 MJD) one would get a mix-bag of things.(Both being similarly priced)

Ritz looks loaded for the price at this point with abs being the main safety feature here. We all know ride is superior in punto and if one was to choose a decent punto with safety features like abs he would have to look atleast at the emotion and shell out more (additional 50k over the ritz vdi abs in mumbai for the emotion varient).
Old 16th July 2009, 12:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

punto is far better then ritz in many aspects, features, safety, build quality, plastics used, just where ritz is ahead is *** and better resale value to fiat, else punto all the way.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:23   #20
BHPian

Punto

Punto outsmarts Ritz in all aspects except Price & A.S.S
Old 16th July 2009, 12:34   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
punto is far better then ritz in many aspects, features, safety, build quality, plastics used, just where ritz is ahead is *** and better resale value to fiat, else punto all the way.
Plastics used . This is news to me. Of the current hatches, I feel Fiat's inetrior plastics are the worst in quality and feel (and you dont need to be a Fiat owner to get this right)
Old 16th July 2009, 12:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of the current hatches, I feel Fiat's inetrior plastics are the worst in quality
Have you seen the interior plastics of Punto before pronouncing it as worst?
Old 16th July 2009, 12:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
If you cant compare the service of the 2 cars, then don't compare safety as well. Ritz Vdi does't have airbags and you compare with the top end Emotion pack. I dont think it is fair. Compare like to like models then. Also Maruti can always add airbagas and improve the safety. No big deal. But for Fiat to match the service levels: sorry they will not be able to do it even if they stand upside down
Agreed FIAT's *** was bad and is improving.

Coming to car comparison, Punto simply beats Ritz upside, downside and from all sides hands down.
Old 16th July 2009, 13:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Have you seen the interior plastics of Punto before pronouncing it as worst?
Not only have I seen the interiors, I have even done a Test Drive of the 1.4 Petrol and I am basing my comments based on the experience in the TD. I have also Test Driven the Ritz, i20 and Jazz and comparatively Punto's interior plastics is a big let down for me
Old 16th July 2009, 13:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hell with the A.S.S., VFM, resale value and all those things which doesn't matter much when you are actually 'driving' the car.

Voted for the grande Punto. Ritz stands no chance at all in front of it. For me, the car should reflect the personality and Ritz, with its 'factory dented' backside, is not the car for me.

Like someone said, you'll worry about Palio 1.6's low F.E. ONLY until you get behind the wheel and drive it for the first time.

Last edited by clevermax : 16th July 2009 at 13:25.
Old 16th July 2009, 14:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

This is not a fair comparison.... its not fair on Ritz... its throughly outclassed by Punto as a car.
Old 16th July 2009, 14:44   #27
BHPian

Not voted...

Punto and Ritz is not a fair comparison. Edit the poll an add Swift DDiS, Indica Vista MJD & i20 CRDI (if thats ok). Then the outcome will be interesting to see.
Old 16th July 2009, 14:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Its Punto all the way. To be fair to Ritz, it is not in the same league as Punto. I am talking about just the cars, not the a.s.s or resale value here.
Old 16th July 2009, 14:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Not only have I seen the interiors, I have even done a Test Drive of the 1.4 Petrol and I am basing my comments based on the experience in the TD. I have also Test Driven the Ritz, i20 and Jazz and comparatively Punto's interior plastics is a big let down for me

It seems that interior plastic quality is of supreme importance to you over other features, while choosing a car.

The plastics of Punto are surely not class leading and are inferior (in some parts) to a few others in the segment. But they are not BAD in any manner.

Also, the grudge with interior quality generally is for of first few months of car purchase. Ultimately, what matters is how the car performs, rides, handles, brakes & the fuel efficiency.

What do you have to say about the features v/s price in the Punto -
Auto A/c, ABS, Airbags, Blaupunkt system, Blue & Me, The elaborate tripmeters, the stylish key, etc. at almost a lac of Rs. less than i20?? The Punto also has a proven pedigree
Old 16th July 2009, 15:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Plastics used . This is news to me. Of the current hatches, I feel Fiat's inetrior plastics are the worst in quality and feel (and you dont need to be a Fiat owner to get this right)
yes gp plastics arent that great compared with other available hatchbacks but yes if with ritz definately much better to it.

Most Viewed