Ritz DDiS 65 20.50%
Punto MJD 252 79.50%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 19:23   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Practicality? Ok lets talk about it. Has it got more space than Punto? Has it go bigger boot space than Punto? Has it got the convenience of Blue & Me? The answer is no! So instead of blanket statements, I would actually want to know how Ritz is more practical than a Punto or lest you idea of practicality starts and end with head room!

And what difference would it make?

1. Better room in Ritz than in Punto. Have TD both the cars and for a large hatchback like punto, the interior space is less, cramped rear.

2. Ritz will be better to drive in the city limits.

3. Not to talk about the A.S.S. aspects of Ritz

4. Interior build quality is better in Ritz than in Punto. Some of the plastics sucks in Punto. Mind you I own an i10 and can't even compare the build quality of these 2 cars with i10, so my views are not biased.

5. Beaing a tall boy and high seating position in Ritz, it is easier to ingress and egress.

Except for the ride / build quality and highway manners, Ritz scores over Punto in all aspects and this is what the masses look for.

Fiat having their own network makes a difference to me as a consumer. I do not have to worry about the A.S.S aspects all the time.
Old 16th July 2009, 19:40   #47
BHPian

I voted the Punto based on the looks, but I feel that its not just about how the car feels from the outside but it matters a lot when you own one and you have to be behind he dealer for A.S.S all the time.
Having heard that Fiat's A.S.S has improved drastically I would like to go ahead a give a chance to own a Punto rather than the Ritz whose diesel engine sounds like a thunder truck.
Old 16th July 2009, 19:43   #48
BHPian

nowadays my heart seems to have an upper hand...so its Punto for me....
Personally I prefer RITZ to Swift
Old 16th July 2009, 20:17   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
I agree, Ritz is just soooooooo ugly from the back. I wonder how such a design can pass even initial sketches.
If you had seen the Ritz teaser you wouldn't have asked this question. Its none other that Ishaan from TZP who came up with this design. Ritz design is work of a genius
Old 16th July 2009, 20:25   #50
BHPian

Whatever Ritz lovers say, Ritz heart is Fiat's engine. And in terms of practicality both are very close.
Old 16th July 2009, 20:26   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Has it got the convenience of Blue & Me?
IMHO, Blue & Me is not the deciding factor when I am buying a car! I would even doubt if someone will consider this is a big differentiator when choosing between two cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayasurya View Post
And in terms of practicality both are very close.
Drive in areas like LBS Nagar in Bangalore and you will know how the turning radius can be the pain in the neck.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th July 2009 at 01:05. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 16th July 2009, 21:50   #52
BHPian

Punto all the way.I have voted for punto,Since its a comparison between products and not that of manufacture

1) Ritz's back is a disaster (looks not to mention subjective).Punto wins the comparison hands down here.

2) Handling no other hatch back comes even miles near to punto.

3) Engine sound. Ritz is silent of the two but i love the engine sound when it revives high.punto almost touches 5k rpm when pushed harder!!!! and it sounds sweeeeeeeet
not to mention this could be a deal breaker for some one too

4) Boot space.Again Punto wins hands down even in terms of seat arrangements its highly flexible a great feature for small families.

5)How doesnt likes features like steering wheel audio controls blue n Me alloys,Tilt Steering column,real time milage indicator and A A C which doesnt even come as option in Ritz.

To be shot there is no comparision between the product its they are in a nutral plate but when other factors come into picture Ritz seems to be a safe bet if you are ready to sacrifice the above mentioned features..
cheers
Arun
Old 16th July 2009, 22:20   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Dont give me the cliche "for a large hatch..." compare the room in both the cars. They are in the same segment selling at almost the same price points. And while doing so can we compare both the front and rear legrooms.

Again highly speculative.... have you driven both the cars one to come to a conclusion? In anycase 'better to drive' is a highly subjective virtue.

Have checked and driven both the cars and hence the statement. Ritz diesel is a breeze to dirve in city compared to Punto Diesel.

Punto obviously rides better than Ritz.

While not as wide spread as Maruti, I dont think Fiat A$$ can be considered bad now.

The plastics are surely better in the i10 and the i20 but Maruti??? This is again very subjective.

Ritz plastic is defintiely better than Punto's.

Punto's doors open wide so ingress and egress isnt a problem. Ritz on the other hand is tall which will have compromises like high speed stability, handling and ride quality. The benefits far outweigh the slight negetive.

We are not talking about how wide the door opens. Height is the factor here for me. Nobody will drive on highways everyday do we? Highway drives are always once in a while, hence it is fine for me.

What exactly is the worry when Tata is in the picture? They have their own service engineers and technical personnel. Besides the investment is 50-50 between Fiat and Tata so anything that works for Tata works for Fiat and vice versa.
If everything is fine then why are we worried about the A.S.S then? Isnt that a major factor that is deterring everyone from buying a fiat.? Hope this changes for the better for Fiat.
Old 16th July 2009, 22:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Drive in areas like LBS Nagar in Bangalore and you will know how the turning radius can be the pain in the neck.
Dude, I am driving my Palio in B'lore for the past 5+ years, didn't find the turning radius a big issue, except for U-turns on few narrow roads which happens not too often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
If everything is fine then why are we worried about the A.S.S then?
Who is worried?
I guess non-Fiat owners are too worried about Fiat Service!
Fiat-Tata service is doing a decent job and they are improving all the more!

Last edited by finneyp : 16th July 2009 at 22:38.
Old 16th July 2009, 22:40   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Who is worried?
I guess non-Fiat owners are too worried about Fiat Service!
Fiat-Tata service is doing a decent job and they are improving for sure!
But that has not reflected in the sales numbers for Fiat so far. So let's hope things turn around this time with Punto? If that happens then will be more than happy to look at Fiat.
Old 17th July 2009, 00:01   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
But that has not reflected in the sales numbers for Fiat so far. So let's hope things turn around this time with Punto? If that happens then will be more than happy to look at Fiat.
wrong dude...
the linea is selling decent numbers to the tune of 900 odd cars.
the punto made 1000 + bookings the moment it was launched.
things are definitely improving for fiat.
The better the customer experiance and satisfaction the better will be the word of mouth publicity and better will be the sales.

plz go through GTOs and vasudevas sales analysis of june 09
Old 17th July 2009, 00:39   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
wrong dude...
the linea is selling decent numbers to the tune of 900 odd cars.
the punto made 1000 + bookings the moment it was launched.
things are definitely improving for fiat.
The better the customer experiance and satisfaction the better will be the word of mouth publicity and better will be the sales.

plz go through GTOs and vasudevas sales analysis of june 09
When fiat, a company which has nothing but flops till date sells 1000 puntos in the first month, everyone celebrates victory for fiat.

When honda, a company which leads almost every segment it enters, sells 2000+ jazz's in 20 days, everyone claims it to be a 'new car fever' is hell bent on predicting doom for it. Sigh! Anyways, We'll soon see who has the last laugh!

Last edited by GTO : 20th July 2009 at 19:31. Reason: Quoted post is being deleted
Old 17th July 2009, 09:41   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Dude, I am driving my Palio in B'lore for the past 5+ years, didn't find the turning radius a big issue, except for U-turns on few narrow roads which happens not too often.
Dude, that's why I quoted a particular area. There are very many areas that are quite narrow (the area that I quoted for example has just 20ft wide roads for the entire layout) - and turning radius will be a pain, there is no doubt about it. Requirement/usage differs from person to person based on where they live and work, obviously.
Old 17th July 2009, 09:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
When fiat, a company which has nothing but flops till date sells 1000 puntos in the first month, everyone celebrates victory for fiat.

When honda, a company which leads almost every segment it enters, sells 2000+ jazz's in 20 days, everyone claims it to be a 'new car fever' is hell bent on predicting doom for it. Sigh! Anyways, We'll soon see who has the last laugh!
Well said!
I have decided (a little late) best way to avoid brand wars is not to contribute. For the sake of customers - may the best car win.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 17th July 2009 at 09:52.
SkyWalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2009, 10:30   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post

Please understand that 1000 car sales for Fiat, at this moment, is equivalent to 5000 car sales of Honda. This is because Fiats were hardly selling for the past few years & have undergone a series of problems well known to all.

Honda never faced such problems as their cars have always sold well. The later models of City cashed in on the Brand Equity built by the old City & now carries it to Jazz.

This was ditto the case with Fiat, with the Uno (which couldn't handle the enormous bookings due to labour problems) & then with Palio, however, unfortunately, other factors (ancient dealer network & poor marketing) affected their sales & great cars died an unnatural death.

This is Fiat's revival & hence 1000 cars sale makes a diff. to a company selling barely 200 cars till a few months back . Also the Linea sells around 1200 cars per month in a segment where Fiat did not exist.

Indian still love Fiat & are willing to give it a chance despite several setbacks (the sales figs show that). Wonder if any other car maker could get these many chances

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th January 2012 at 07:23. Reason: fixing quote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks