Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: which is better?
Ritz DDiS 65 20.50%
Punto MJD 252 79.50%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 22:24   #91
BHPian

Ritz is so ugly looking (just like Logan) that, I will buy Punto (or any other TATA car) any day.

Any way, my friend has just booked Ritz though (fully loaded, petrol) in bangalore @5.7 lacs on road.
Old 18th July 2009, 10:29   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Anybody can be a winner, if we omit the competitors who have finished the race ahead of you! That's what happened in this poll. How can anyone omit the undisputed winner in the segment in India - the Swift - in this poll? This poll is intended only to make Punto a winner!
Dont really agree with your point. If you are right and the SWIFT has already finished the race as winner then there is no real point in including it in the poll other than making it a winner again.

THe GP and the Ritz meet BSIV norms as far as i know and this would surely have changed the way the engine performs. Hence i think this has to be the real poll.

i would say that Ritz is the Practical Car for the common man. THe GP give you more value for money at the expense of peace of mind with doubts about A.S.S capabilities

Last edited by gemithomas : 18th July 2009 at 10:31.
Old 18th July 2009, 10:33   #93
BHPian

Are we Indians like the French. Weird shapes sell in our country as they do in France.
Old 18th July 2009, 10:35   #94
Senior - BHPian

Brand does play a very important role in sales.

If it was a Fiat Ritz, the car would have flopped from day one. Honestly, how many of you would buy the Ritz then?

If it was Maruti-Suzuki Punto, there would have been a 12month waiting period for the car and it would have annhilated all other cars in the premium hatchback and C sedan segment.

Last edited by amit : 18th July 2009 at 10:36.
Old 18th July 2009, 10:39   #95
BHPian

Wonderfully said Amit
Really true about our people's mindset.
Old 18th July 2009, 10:45   #96
Senior - BHPian

My two cents, if I had to be practical I would go pick the lowest end Swift.
But then you can't really drive a car you don't love. It just won't feel right. It has to be 75% heart and 25% head when it comes to buying a car.
The Punto looks super hot! In fact I think it looks better than most cars in a couple of segments above it.

I also read a post where the person said Punto's looks will 'fade away' and the swift is the 'hottest looking hatch'. Of course to each his own, but seriously!!! Swift>Punto?

Ritz - Married family guy
Punto - Anyone who likes to drive
Old 18th July 2009, 11:03   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

If it was a Fiat Ritz, the car would have flopped from day one. Honestly, how many of you would buy the Ritz then?

If it was Maruti-Suzuki Punto, there would have been a 12month waiting period for the car and it would have annhilated all other cars in the premium hatchback and C sedan segment.

Yes, brand is the hero in India!
Ditto for Linea. if Linea would be from Maruti stables, the car with so many features, excellent pricing & looks to die for, would set the sales charts on fire & have all others, including Honda, go back to the drawing board

Linea sells 1200 cars despite being from Fiat (with very low crediblity in our country).
If in Europe, Honda would launch the City & Jazz with such sparse features & price it the same way, people would give them a kick on their butt (or for that matter any car maker), but in India, Honda is still God
Old 18th July 2009, 22:15   #98
Senior - BHPian

I cannot live with the rear shape of Ritz. So, my vote is for Punto.

Punto - Better ride, handling and build quality.
Ritz - Better performance, after sales service and reliability.

Quote:

I hope Fiat would provide better service and improve the brand perception. I love Fiat cars for its ride and handling. Fiat has learnt the hard way how important is fuel efficiency for Indians. Majority of Indians failed to see the riding pleasure and value for money in Fiat cars compared to Maruti. I hope Fiat would not compromise on the quality much to bring the cost down. The miss the build quality of our good old palio.
Old 19th July 2009, 00:20   #99
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Last 2 days, I've spent, reading, looking, sitting-in, driving these cars.

Some say they are not the same segment! I'd say it can be looked at 2 ways
- they are the same segment, just 2 different types, a tall boy and the other not- tall boy
- they are different segments, punto at the ABSOLUTE bottom of it's segment and ritz close to the top of its.

Punto is a waste of space! there is no space inside! WagonR is much better. But I didn't care about space as i'll be driving alone most of the time.

I drove the punto, wasn't actually disappointed, but thought maybe that is how diesel cars are supposed to drive!
- This is how loud they are supposed to be!
- This is how brittle the interiors are supposed to be!
- This is how slow they are to start in the 1st gear!
- The pedals feel wierd with so much travel, that it seems like manual hard-work to drive.
All this was history when I tested the Ritz! It felt like a perfectly normal car.

I had almost decided to get the Punto in red, but the drive changed it all.

I don't like the Ritz, because it's not exciting enough! so much so that I'll probably settle for a silver colour (as against a red punto!) if I were to buy this.

PS: LOL! see the poll results. People go drive them!

Last edited by SLK : 19th July 2009 at 00:22.
Old 19th July 2009, 06:51   #100
BHPian

Quote:

you have hit nail on its head Amit.
amen to that..
Old 19th July 2009, 06:59   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I cannot live with the rear shape of Ritz. So, my vote is for Punto.

Punto - Better ride, handling and build quality.
Ritz - Better performance, after sales service and reliability.

yeah..at the end of the day most of us passionate car lovers want a car we desire and get goose pimples when we look at it nicely shining in the morning sun or when we look at it from our windows.
Ritz fails to get those emotions out of me.

But guys plz dont get into heated arguments.This forum gives us freedom of speech but we should criticise using less of rude words.
We must think of our other fellow members who might like that particular car or might have just baught it.
It might just shatter them.

plz think about it
Old 19th July 2009, 10:07   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post

But guys plz dont get into heated arguments.This forum gives us freedom of speech but we should criticise using less of rude words.
We must think of our other fellow members who might like that particular car or might have just baught it.
It might just shatter them.

plz think about it
Sorry if I have hurt you. I think I should have worded it "I do not like the rear looks of Ritz".
Looks are subjective. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. I loved the looks of the old Zen when it was lauched, though many people called it ugly.
Old 19th July 2009, 11:19   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Very true.

I d vote for the punto, becacuse I cannot digest the way the ritz looks from behind...
Old 19th July 2009, 11:36   #104
ashwinpak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Very true.

I d vote for the punto, becacuse I cannot digest the way the ritz looks from behind...
Only from the behind? It looks like a rodent from the front. Like how the first edition Santro used to look. Surely, Maruti's design dept has run out of ideas.

Old 19th July 2009, 12:08   #105
BHPian

Very tough choice between these two. Punto is totally different. Its a very beautiful vehicle. It truly deserves a special place (heart). But head says Ritz. Doesnt matter if its not a head turner on the roads (I dont want heads to turn). For me, its a decent looking vehicle. Both share the same engines. Both have their own positives and negatives. As of now, its RITZ for me. But I would love to own that Beautiful Punto one day .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks