Ritz DDiS 65 20.50%
Punto MJD 252 79.50%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 13:04   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinpak View Post
Only from the behind? It looks like a rodent from the front. Like how the first edition Santro used to look. Surely, Maruti's design dept has run out of ideas.
I actually like the way it looks from the front. But yeah, the rear design is a bit too "modern" for my liking.
Old 19th July 2009, 16:00   #107
BHPian

Ritz boot design is pathetic
Old 19th July 2009, 18:31   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I actually like the way it looks from the front. But yeah, the rear design is a bit too "modern" for my liking.
Roger that buddy.
At first ,When i saw the thing from front i was actually pleased to think that finally a car with european look from Maruti. When i saw the rear.....
IMHO maruti has constantly regressed in terms of design. A case in point ASTAR shockingly bad taste. The old zen was quite decent if not attractive. everything was in its place. Alto was as neat and wellproportined as it can get.
But the rear of RITZ takes the cake.
The wagon R model before the currrent version was a bit decent, they had to spoil the show by naking the contraption look more ungainly by adding unnnecessARY 'SO CALLED' sporty tail lights, bad modifications to the hatch, making the tall boy look a little more taller rather than boxy.
Same for the version of Original zen before they discontnued it.
Looks grow on you a bit and one tends to be a little less critical of cars after seeing too many for too long , but i always found the Swift looks not very nice , though many find the design attractive.
But after seeing Ritz I find the swift quite allright .
One thing sure , maruti has constantly regressed. Too many bulges in too many wrong places... even in lights .
remember way back in late nineties when santro , matiz , indica were launched ; i used to find the santro quite ridiculous. Today huyndai makes reasonably good looking , well proportioned cars. And their designing constantly is evolving towards a more mature european kind of look.
Maruti on the other hand is producing ( and even managing to sell in great numbers) cars which look like crosses between reject concepts and cheap chinese toys ( IMHO ).
This is directed at the company and not fellowmen who purchase and even appreciate the looks that i may abhor. Looks are subjective !

Last edited by GTO : 21st July 2009 at 13:22. Reason: Strictly no more than 2 smilies a post please
Old 20th July 2009, 11:06   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
IMHO maruti has constantly regressed in terms of design.
+1 to that! Though they continue to churn out good vehicles, the quality of their design department's output has gone south. IMHO, in the recent past, the SX4 was the last "looker" that came out of the MSIL stables, while the list of recent eye sores has Estilo, A Star, DZire, Ritz in it. Yes, I know looks are subjective, but I'm sure if a poll is conducted ONLY about the looks of a car, the 4 mentioned above wouldn't figure even in the top 10.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 20th July 2009, 20:07   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
+1 to that! Though they continue to churn out good vehicles, the quality of their design department's output has gone south. IMHO, in the recent past, the SX4 was the last "looker" that came out of the MSIL stables, while the list of recent eye sores has Estilo, A Star, DZire, Ritz in it. Yes, I know looks are subjective, but I'm sure if a poll is conducted ONLY about the looks of a car, the 4 mentioned above wouldn't figure even in the top 10.

Cheers,
Vikram
My apologies TO mul for failing to mention the SX4 which i find extremely good looking with a lovely panther like stance. Good lines and great rubber.
But unfortunately it happens with other companies as well.
Sumo Victa looks neater that Sumo Grande.
Getz looks better than I20.
Accent looks better than Verna
OHC looks stunning than as compared to later the dolphin shape. ( the latest looks great though )
Ford fiesta old shape looked better than the new version.
The M & M XYLO is right up there with the RITZ
jazz also is odd shaped.

Maybe some people prefer conservative lines in car form. ( i belong to former category ) others like more radical , more concept like features on cars.

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 20th July 2009 at 20:21.
Old 20th July 2009, 20:17   #111
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from the Team-BHP Support:

The Mod Team has just spent a substantial amount of time in cleaning up this thread. Several posts have been deleted, and some members infracted. Team-BHP does NOT tolerate posts that reek of blind bias, whether it is for or against any particular car. Keep the discussion objective, debate sensibly and keep your posts factual. Lets accept each car for what it is, including their respective pros & cons.

Any further posts that are detrimental to the forum's quality will meet with stern moderator action.

Last edited by GTO : 20th July 2009 at 20:20.
Old 20th July 2009, 20:19   #112
BHPian

[quote=comfortablynumb;1391861]+1 to that! Though they continue to churn out good vehicles, the quality of their design department's output has gone south.

Hi Vikram,

Another grouse i have against MUL is that the cabin space , shoulder space , leg space is never improved. All the hatches are not really appealing to families of 5 with 2 tall ( 6 ft. or above ) members.
the headroom is usually good but if the rest was spacious , they just may further knock of substantial share of hatches from TATA.
For people like me who need a fruagal diesel with good space , MUL simply has no solution. So invariably i turn to Tata. the Hyundai sticker price is way out of my budget and Fiat spare parts cost and availabilty is a concern.

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 20th July 2009 at 20:22.
Old 20th July 2009, 20:47   #113

The Ritz is seriously ugly. I'll vote for the Punto any day.
Old 20th July 2009, 21:29   #114
Senior - BHPian

Honestly though my vote is for Punto i do feel that the comparison is unfair for Ritz.
The best comparison will be between i20 and Punto and i do hope someone starts a new thread so people like me who are deciding between the 2 can make up there mind.
Also as many people have said ritz drives better than Punto i really feel i need to TD it this weekend
Old 20th July 2009, 21:51   #115
BHPian

It's tall-boy design and has a small-turning radius. So it's easier to drive in congested traffic I guess. But that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Also as many people have said ritz drives better than Punto i really feel i need to TD it this weekend
Old 20th July 2009, 21:55   #116
ashwinpak

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Honestly though my vote is for Punto i do feel that the comparison is unfair for Ritz.
The best comparison will be between i20 and Punto and i do hope someone starts a new thread so people like me who are deciding between the 2 can make up there mind.
Agree here. Although the Ritz and the Punto are cars that are likely to be cross-shoped, both these cars are not comparable to each other. Even the pricing is in different bands, even after FIAT priced the Punto lower.

About creating another poll, I disagree. The "Indian Car Scene" folder is already cluttered with various polls. Members will soon get tired of voting.

Old 20th July 2009, 23:43   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Lets accept each car for what it is, including their respective pros & cons.
Finally, sanity has prevailed and as GTO says, we should we "accept each car for what it is". To the first-time rickshaw owner, his vehicle would be as beautiful as any another car (I'm deliberately not taking names of cars for fear of another blood bath). So, let us accept that our cars are good and other cars are just as good. There can never be an car, perfect in ALL respects and so, there is no point in ridiculing other cars since all cars have good and bad traits.
Old 21st July 2009, 00:15   #118
BHPian

THANX @ GTO and MODS for cleaning this thread.
some of the comments were really harsh.
I as the thread starter was really frustrated on reading some of the posts and did appeal to the guys to be a bit reasonable.

back to the topic.
I guess FIAT punto has taken a unbeatable lead over the SUZUKI ritz.
But there are still a couple of months to go before the final verdict is out.(atleast verdict of this thread)
some of the punto and ritz owners on this forum and many off the forum would have completed reasonable time with these new cars and we might get to know some more positives/negetives about them so as to influence the verdict.
Old 21st July 2009, 16:46   #119
BHPian

Voted Punto... the rattles in my Swift will keep me away from any car in the Maruti stables!
Old 22nd July 2009, 10:52   #120
BHPian

I'm seeing many Ritzs on Mumbai roads these days & have seen only 2 Puntos (both red). I guess as far as Team BHP goes, The punto wins hands down, but in the real world the Ritz takes the cake.

After all it pays to be a Maruti. Fiat - long way to go for you baby!
But I prefer it that way, at least the Punto won't be driven by every Tom Dick & Harry

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks