Ritz DDiS 65 20.50%
Punto MJD 252 79.50%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2009, 00:39   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
going with my experience with marutis - Bought swift ZXI petrol in 2006 July. 2007 december wanted to exchange it for sx4. was offered a measly 3.75 lakhs by true value. sold the car at 4.5 lakhs!

Bought the Black Sx4 ZXI in jan 2008 for 8.33 lakhs OTR. wanted to exchange it for a white SX4 in April 2009 since Black was harder to maintain scratch free. was offered 5.10 by true Value. !!! speaking of Higher resale for marutis!!!
True value is a big rip off maan..
they offer you around 30-40k lesser than most other used car dealers would offer.
Old 28th July 2009, 01:11   #152
BANNED

@highnoon
then i guess the Fiat do has a bad image in India and Europe!!

i saw Fiat punto related posts in many threads!! they come up in all the other threads too.
thought that this is due to it having a good image in India and Team-bhp in general..lolz.
sorry ma Bad.
by the way the poll current status shows that Punto is better. but the sales are something else??

just the old love story of Fiat.[ yes enthusiats always fall in love with Fiat. ] and team Bhp is enthusiast base camp

and maruthi suzuki - India comes home in a Maruthi
Old 28th July 2009, 06:27   #153
BHPian

[quote=Thomas8700;1404345
by the way the poll current status shows that Punto is better. but the sales are something else??

and maruthi suzuki - India comes home in a Maruthi [/quote]
Can some body share sales figures for Puto and Ritz (only Diesel) to have ccorrect perspective.
cheers
Old 28th July 2009, 10:16   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
True value is a big rip off maan..
they offer you around 30-40k lesser than most other used car dealers would offer.
And they sell for 30/40 k higher than most other used car dealers ( same as the parent co.)

Still i believe suzuki has excellent resale.
Old 28th July 2009, 10:32   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas8700 View Post
@highnoon
then i guess the Fiat do has a bad image in India and Europe!!
May be in India because word Fiat was for that ubiquitous car re badged as premier padmini and still omnipresent in form of mumbai taxis but was called fiat by masses for too long.

But I disagree that Fiat has a bad image in Europe at least when compared to Suzuki's brand image in Eurpoe
Old 28th July 2009, 11:05   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Punto will never remotely challenge sales of Ritz, Swift, Jazz and i20. That's something the whole country knows from day one. Most of the people buying a Ritz or Swift will like the Punto but they will always buy the Maruti cars because the deciding statement will always end with "Punto is a better car but it's a Fiat."

Quote:
Can some body share sales figures for Puto and Ritz (only Diesel) to have ccorrect perspective.
Why only diesel? Both cars are avaliable with petrol engines.

Anyway, as per ACI, total Ritz June sales are 6,214 units. 30% are diesel sales.

Punto sales are 1,692 units. Do note that Punto was launched on 17-June-09. We can safely assume that 80% of Punto's were diesel's.

So diesel sales:

Ritz DDis: 1,865 units.
Punto MJD: 1,356 units.
Old 28th July 2009, 11:30   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Punto will never remotely challenge sales of Ritz, Swift, Jazz and i20. That's something the whole country knows from day one. Most of the people buying a Ritz or Swift will like the Punto but they will always buy the Maruti cars because the deciding statement will always end with "Punto is a better car but it's a Fiat."
Dont be a pessimist mate.... it can and i think will challenge the likes of Jazz and the i20.
Old 28th July 2009, 11:36   #158
BANNED

@amit yes you are right. Fiat does have better image in Europe compared to suzuki. but here in the comparison is between a jap and Fiat. read honda/toyota and Fiat. less said the better.

i do agree with sanagg .

if someone gets it for the month of july by next month first week then please do share it
Old 28th July 2009, 11:36   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
it can and i think will challenge the likes of Jazz and the i20.
Yep, Punto should definitely sell more than Jazz and i20 Crdi.
Old 28th July 2009, 12:12   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@amit yes you are right. Fiat does have better image in Europe compared to suzuki. but here in the comparison is between a jap and Fiat. read honda/toyota and Fiat. less said the better.

i do agree with sanagg .

if someone gets it for the month of july by next month first week then please do share it
No this is erroneous , First of all we were discussing FIAT and SUZUKI in this thread in India and then it came to Europe later on.
All japanses companies are not alike so SUZUKI does not carry same brand image as Honda or Toyota in Europe or USA.

Europe is a different market then USA or Asia. In Europian cities fiats are easier to spot then japanese car

A FIAT S 500 has more sales and brand value then a Toyota hatch in similar catagory in Europe.

Secondly we need to compare brands in same category from a stable.

Toyota and Honda are basically middle class VFM everyday brands which are easy to maintain in USA so Toyota had to create another division Lexus because Toyota meant VFM which does not gel with luxury car market. But Alfa Romeo or Ferrari from FIAT have better brands and price tag then Lexus.
Old 28th July 2009, 13:02   #161
BANNED

yes that point is true Suzuki is not that compared to Fiat in Europe. but in India Fiat is compared to the likes of Suzuki and Hyundai who have established them selves very well. and if i remember right Fiat had not one but two chances to get things right??

whereas hyundai and Suzuki and honda and toyota all of them have established themselves.!! right from first chance!

Amit's post is really the nail on the coffin!!
Old 28th July 2009, 13:23   #162
BANNED

verbatim. Fiat should re christen itself, drop that bland logo - complete image makeover to make an impact in India (Logo change eg, Canara Bank, Videocon, et al).
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
May be in India because word Fiat was for that ubiquitous car re badged as premier padmini and still omnipresent in form of mumbai taxis but was called fiat by masses for too long.
I think otherwise - since i20 & Jazz offer better quality, they must sell more. But since Punto is lesser priced of the three, by Law of Demand, it should sell more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Yep, Punto should definitely sell more than Jazz and i20 Crdi.
Old 28th July 2009, 13:24   #163
BHPian

My vote goes to Punto for Look, Highway manners (handling) and big boot.
Old 28th July 2009, 18:11   #164
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Most of the people buying a Ritz or Swift will like the Punto but they will always buy the Maruti cars because the deciding statement will always end with "Punto is a better car but it's a Fiat."
Lets not get over optimistic here. To many, the Ritz will still be a better car because its lighter & easier to drive, is ergonomically better, is more refined, quicker (lighter), more fuel efficient (lighter) and has interiors that are screwed better.

I prefer the Punto, and it is a heck of a hatch. But that is a pretty sweeping statement which this forum is best without.
Old 28th July 2009, 19:47   #165
BHPian

Hi Amit,

So diesel sales:

Ritz DDis: 1,865 units.
Punto MJD: 1,356 units.[/quote]

any chance of knowing the Vista QJd , PALIO QJd & VISTA TDI , GETZ CRDI NUMBERS ?

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 28th July 2009 at 20:01.

Most Viewed