Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:52   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
As per M&M top brass the Refreshed Scorpio is very secure. Here is a response to my e-mail query from Dr. Pawan Goenka and his team from M&M. Relevant portions of the mail follows:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX

This Immobilizer security system was assessed and certified by a UK based agency as a very high security system of its class.

This is a very robust than the previous immobilizer system in Scorpio Vlx with mhawk.
So what they're saying is that all of us suckers who purchased the VLX M Hawk with hard earned money were given crappy immobilizers. Way to go Mahindra!!!
Old 3rd October 2009, 17:49   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
As per M&M top brass the Refreshed Scorpio is very secure. Here is a response to my e-mail query from Dr. Pawan Goenka and his team from M&M. Relevant portions of the mail follows:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Dear Mr. Shankar,

The Immobilizer offered in Scorpio Refresh is of high end technology.

It is based on electronic key which is recognized by the intelligent controller (through a state of art communication protocol) hence preventing the un-authorized usage.

This Immobilizer security system was assessed and certified by a UK based agency as a very high security system of its class.

This is a very robust than the previous immobilizer system in Scorpio Vlx with mhawk.

Regards,

Srinivas

Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2009 9:36 AM
To: Shankar XXXXXXX
Cc: SRINIWAS A
Subject: RE: Question on Scorpio Immobilzer and security system

Dear Shankar,

The immobaliser in Scorpio refresh is as theft proof as the best available. I a, refering your mail to Mr. Sriniwas, our expert on electrical and electronix and he will answer your technicla query.

Regards,

Pawan Goenka

Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 9:40 PM
To: GOENKA PAWAN
Subject: Question on Scorpio Immobilzer and security system

So this should be good news for prospective Scorpio buyers.
And when I bought my refresh in April, the dealer guys did not know that the immobiliser was fitted with a unique code.
(1)Firstly, I was told that the Scorpio LX's did not have any immobiliser.
(2)Then after a few weeks they said it had one but the code may have to be changed.
(3)And lastly upon inquiries on the company helpline and talks with their expert, it was known that these immobilisers had an unique code for every Scorpio.So codes would not have to be changed to the one the customer desired.
Thanks for the information,Sriniwas
Old 3rd October 2009, 17:55   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Just to get an idea of the networking of scorpio theifs would like to narrate an incident. Some two years back my neighbour at my hometown in Calicut (Kerala) got a scorpio. One night he heard some sound from his garange and went to check it out only to find his scorpio being driven away. He tried to chase it by waking up neighbours and also called up police control room asking them to check all intersections from our area, all was of no use though. He left out all hopes of getting back the vehicle after few weeks and even police said they cant do much.
Then some five months back he got call from police saying they have recovered the vehicle from a village in Punjab It seems in some village in Punjab, some drunken guys in a scorpio went and hit some people on road, villagers catch hold of them and hand over to police. Police check the vehicle papers and find its all bogus, scorpio was having a Punjab registration then. They then managed to track the orginal vehicle owner through engine number. My neighbour didnt get back the vehicle since its held back with case in Punjab and also since he took the insurance claim he wont be getting it anyways. But its couple of scorpio theives out of business.

Most Viewed